BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Chief Executive for Rovers

Our best hope is that Mrs D decides that the club is causing them too much hassle and decides to sell the club, their relationship with the fans and town is beyond repair. After what they have done they will never be trusted again by the fans regardless of who they appoint.

What more is there to say on the subject.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the LT story was correct, few sources in Pune saying that someone has been identified.

No idea who it is or even if they have talked to said person. Apparently has experienced and is external.

However not getting my hopes up as over the last 3 years Venky's have consistently proved that they get all major decisions wrong.

Our best hope is that Mrs D decides that the club is causing them too much hassle and decides to sell the club, their relationship with the fans and town is beyond repair. After what they have done they will never be trusted again by the fans regardless of who they appoint.

very true. Venky's get all major decisions wrong.

Can Mrs D force a sell of the club cos her brothers don't want to sell???

Looks like the LT story was correct, few sources in Pune saying that someone has been identified.

No idea who it is or even if they have talked to said person. Apparently has experienced and is external.

However not getting my hopes up as over the last 3 years Venky's have consistently proved that they get all major decisions wrong.

Its always a concern when we get leaks like this. Why is this info getting out?

If they HAVE identified someone, keep schtum, speak to them, get them in and then announce to the world they've got a highly respected Finance officer/ MD in place.

This constant circus is half the problem.

AS you say its all beyond repair.

There is absolutely no chance that they'll do the right thing. None. Not just with the appointment of a good CEO. That still wont be enough, they'll have to get every major decision right for the next two years and get us back to where we were when they bought the club.

They just don't get it. Its all beyond their capabilities.

Why is Agnew still there? Why trust the utter embarrassment that is Singh? Shaw has apparently just cost them over 2m quid ffs. They all still remain.

An experienced CEO working with those three imbeciles? None of whom give a damn about the club?

Just sell it and be done.

Guest Norbert

Pie in the sky, all of them. Ken Bates is very much his own man and wouldn't be some brown nosing employee, and the others jusst wouldn't jump onto a burning ship.

Oh dear. Rather like the managers position people are still in cuckoo land that they will employ anyone decent.

The new CEO will be a toadying lapdog like Bowyer and be willing to call the owd hag'Madame' and brown nose for England

• Backroom

Its always a concern when we get leaks like this. Why is this info getting out?

If they HAVE identified someone, keep schtum, speak to them, get them in and then announce to the world they've got a highly respected Finance officer/ MD in place.

This constant circus is half the problem.

Well it hasn't leaked, has it? Unless you could furnish us with a name? Nothing wrong (imo) as long as no names are mentioned before the appointment is made. Then again, look at the Berg appointment fiasco, so maybe I should be a little more cynical.

Genuinely expecting it to be that turd Anderson or Garry Cook then I think I'll lose the last ray of hope I had.

Pie in the sky, all of them. Ken Bates is very much his own man and wouldn't be some brown nosing employee, and the others jusst wouldn't jump onto a burning ship.

Ken Bates is only interested in himself. Can't believe ANYONE would want him.

Ken Bates is only interested in himself. Can't believe ANYONE would want him.

Fit in well with the rest of the board and the shadow dwellers then :) well the major players Snake, Shelf and Burnley Bob , the puppet masters and our global advisor

Venkys have made some huge mistakes in last 20 months.

but this is probably could be the best decision they have made since the takeover happened.

just hope this happens now.

Come on Venkys

But what decision have they made Chaddy? To appoint an external CEO and have a name in mind? I have decided to start up a small scale car boot sale enterprise and having given it some thought, i reckon i'm going to approach Sir Alan Sugar to run the operation. I figure i'll be raking it in soon enough. Does that mean i've made a good decision too?

The fact is this decision (if it is that. Still plenty of time to change direction and appoint Garth Crooks as Intergalactic Marketing and Recruitment Director acting as deputy to the same CEO Paul Hunt answered to) proves nothing. Even if it comes to fruition then we'll be paying through the nose to get anyone of any standing in the game to work for us. Talk is cheap, but actually appointing someone to sort this mess out will be far from it. And if by some miracle we do snare anyone half decent then what? They'll be handicapped from the get go because every decision will still be made in Pune and seemingly by the same means as before - all correspondence done by second class mail and consequently a minimum of two weeks before a decison is made.

I'm not saying the idea is a bad one. Far from it. But i just don't believe the Rao's have the gumption to pick a good candidate who would be willing to work for them. I fear we'll end up paying way over the odds for a substandard CEO who still won't have any authority to make decisions that a CEO should be making. The fact the family have to make unanimous decisions will still be our undoing no matter who they appoint or wish to.

But what decision have they made Chaddy? To appoint an external CEO and have a name in mind? I have decided to start up a small scale car boot sale enterprise and having given it some thought, i reckon i'm going to approach Sir Alan Sugar to run the operation. I figure i'll be raking it in soon enough. Does that mean i've made a good decision too?

The fact is this decision (if it is that. Still plenty of time to change direction and appoint Garth Crooks as Intergalactic Marketing and Recruitment Director acting as deputy to the same CEO Paul Hunt answered to) proves nothing. Even if it comes to fruition then we'll be paying through the nose to get anyone of any standing in the game to work for us. Talk is cheap, but actually appointing someone to sort this mess out will be far from it. And if by some miracle we do snare anyone half decent then what? They'll be handicapped from the get go because every decision will still be made in Pune and seemingly by the same means as before - all correspondence done by second class mail and consequently a minimum of two weeks before a decison is made.

I'm not saying the idea is a bad one. Far from it. But i just don't believe the Rao's have the gumption to pick a good candidate who would be willing to work for them. I fear we'll end up paying way over the odds for a substandard CEO who still won't have any authority to make decisions that a CEO should be making. The fact the family have to make unanimous decisions will still be our undoing no matter who they appoint or wish to.

I said it could be best decision Venkys have made if it comes off. but he or she must have power to make decisions. whether this person is good enough we will just not know until appointment is made.

Imran Ahmed or Charles Green anyone? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/10006806/Martin-Bain-poised-to-return-as-Rangers-chief-executive-after-Charles-Green-resigns.html , sound like one's who could continue the V's shining example of how to own on paper and let it be run

Just think if we could swap some of the names around...

Green = Shaw

Ahmed = Agnew

Bain = Finn (only because I don't think Willians return)

"So how's my little PNE friend?"

Our best hope is that Mrs D decides that the club is causing them too much hassle and decides to sell the club, their relationship with the fans and town is beyond repair. After what they have done they will never be trusted again by the fans regardless of who they appoint

with this chuffing lot , it'll probably be Peter Risdale

With regard to Shaw, not sure whether it has been reported. Been told by a 'good source' that he's off to India on Monday. Kamy anything you've heard?

If it was as simple as getting the bullet I think we all know from past experience that it would be done by a letter, handed over by a delirious Shebby Singh.

Conspiracy theorists insert text........here

Should be excited but I read the head lines and just sort of rolled my eyes. I have zero faith in the imbeciles getting anything right. He'll probably be someone who had relative success at a Venkys chicken shop. I jsut can't see this lot ever turning a corner and give it a respectable try to fix their wrong doings. It will be another media mockery nobody.

• Moderation Lead

As with any managerial decisions, I'll not hold my breath on it being anyone decent, especially as long as Agnew is here.

Rovers are lining up the possibility of bringing a new board member into the club to lead the decision making at Ewood Park.

The name in mind is thought to have experience in football and would be an external appointment if finalised.

There are no plans for a return for former chief executive John Williams but Rovers will also soon have to appoint a new finance director, with current incumbent Karen Silk currently working her notice after deciding to quit the club.

Further boardroom additions could yet be considered too, with one option being to install Singh to the board in some capacity.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10400202._/?

Archived