BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Chief Executive for Rovers

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows what we have come to if people are evenly mildly interested in someone being appointed to the board. Whoever it is it ain't gonna make any difference unless Shagnew and Shebby are ousted and that isn't going to happen is it. Unless something happened to make Venkys sell up this is just another step on the downward trail to God knows where.

Let's be realistic here it's probably going to be Shebby. My prediction will be that:

- Venky's will explore the market and see if there is anyone available, they will identify some suitable candidates.

- A large number of candidates turn down the opportunity due to Rovers' poor reputation, but they find some. They selected candidates are interviewed and problems arise over two major issues, the contract and the amount of control the Chief Exec will have.

- Venky's decide at this present time the cost is too great both financially and giving up some power to make day to day decisions.

- Shebby sniffs out an opportunity to get on the board and in a role that allows him to get full decision making. Singh contacts Balaji and suggests he can do the role and will not require and increase in salary. Mrs D caves in and agrees.

- Shebby is appointed as the new Chief Exec of Blackburn Rovers and appoints Gary Bowyer as his manager.

That's my prediction, let's see how it plays out.

Well it hasn't leaked, has it? Unless you could furnish us with a name? Nothing wrong (imo) as long as no names are mentioned before the appointment is made. Then again, look at the Berg appointment fiasco, so maybe I should be a little more cynical.

Genuinely expecting it to be that turd Anderson or Garry Cook then I think I'll lose the last ray of hope I had.

No, name not leaked. I'm referring to the constant circus that surrounds all Venkys business at Rovers. They are incapable of running a slick efficient operation.

Rovers are lining up the possibility of bringing a new board member into the club to lead the decision making at Ewood Park.

The name in mind is thought to have experience in football and would be an external appointment if finalised.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10400202._/?

I'm thinking someone like Trevor Birch. experience with Chelsea and Leeds Utd plus was Portsmouth administrator until it was sold to the fans.

plus he has worked with Ken Bates and Roman Abramovich so I'm sure he could cope with Venkys.

That would be entirely too sensible if the guy knows anything about running a football club. They'll appoint the moron Singh and well go to hell in a handcart before Christmas.

If it is Singh, I hope I'll be receiving an apology from the "locals" for being proved right, but I doubt it.

• Backroom

If it is Singh, I hope I'll be receiving an apology from the "locals" for being proved right, but I doubt it.

Just change your location to 'Blackburn' pal, instant credibility boost.

Rovers are lining up the possibility of bringing a new board member into the club to lead the decision making at Ewood Park.

The name in mind is thought to have experience in football and would be an external appointment if finalised.

There are no plans for a return for former chief executive John Williams but Rovers will also soon have to appoint a new finance director, with current incumbent Karen Silk currently working her notice after deciding to quit the club.

Further boardroom additions could yet be considered too, with one option being to install Singh to the board in some capacity.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10400202._/?

As if we actually needed proof they have learned nothing. There it is. Incompetent tossers, they are just screwing with us. The mere fact he is still here speaks volumes about their abilities, or lack of.

What worries me is that all of a sudden brfc find a new potential CEO usually means they've been 'recommended'. You've got to remember the Venkys aren't British footballing guys that they'd be able to bump into a CEO quality guy.

It would happen one of two ways, they post the job up or they are recommended someone. In this case it seems a recommendation.

Let's be realistic here it's probably going to be Shebby. My prediction will be that:

- Venky's will explore the market and see if there is anyone available, they will identify some suitable candidates.

- A large number of candidates turn down the opportunity due to Rovers' poor reputation, but they find some. They selected candidates are interviewed and problems arise over two major issues, the contract and the amount of control the Chief Exec will have.

- Venky's decide at this present time the cost is too great both financially and giving up some power to make day to day decisions.

- Shebby sniffs out an opportunity to get on the board and in a role that allows him to get full decision making. Singh contacts Balaji and suggests he can do the role and will not require and increase in salary. Mrs D caves in and agrees.

- Shebby is appointed as the new Chief Exec of Blackburn Rovers and appoints Gary Bowyer as his manager.

That's my prediction, let's see how it plays out.

That is a nightmare.

My prediction----Shebby as Managing Director, Bowyer as manager, Agnew/Shaw to get the sack.

Shebby will have oversight of transfers in and out and who stays, Bowyer will have to be satisfied with a pay rise.

Balaji to pick the team, consulting with Shebby, Bowyer to put up with it.

Result? The fourth relegation battle in consecutive seasons.

Conclusion? Nothing has been learned, nothing will be learned.

The real nightmare:

Venkys keep their heads down in the hope that everything blows over.

Shaw and Agnew are thanked for their selfless support during in Operation Ice Berg and given pay rises as a result of their further loss of reputation.

Singh continues in his role as Global Advisor watching over proceeding with the odd (very odd) media appearance.

Bowyer's role as caretaker is extended until Christmas due to concerns over finances.

Rhodes, Hanley, Dann, Olsson, Henley and Kean are sold to reduce the wage bill and cover operating losses and the Berg settlement.

Another 6,000 fans walk.

Rovers are relegated with the lowest Championship points total.

Venkys walk. Rovers are crippled by the finances and are liquidated.

If they are looking for an experienced Chief Exec with a footballing background they they should make this the immediate priority over a managerial appointment If we can get someone in then their first priority would be to carry out a proper managerial search and develop a transfer strategy according to the finances available.

My prediction----Shebby as Managing Director, Bowyer as manager, Agnew/Shaw to get the sack.

Shebby will have oversight of transfers in and out and who stays, Bowyer will have to be satisfied with a pay rise.

Balaji to pick the team, consulting with Shebby, Bowyer to put up with it.

Result? The fourth relegation battle in consecutive seasons.

Conclusion? Nothing has been learned, nothing will be learned.

Balaji AND SON pick the team.

If they are looking for an experienced Chief Exec with a footballing background they they should make this the immediate priority over a managerial appointment If we can get someone in then their first priority would be to carry out a proper managerial search and develop a transfer strategy according to the finances available.

Exactly.

The CEO should pick the manager. Not a combination of Shebby, random outside advisors (see Appleton) and Shagnew who don't have a clue.

I see your problem RVR.

You're talking far too much sense.

Archived