BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell is here next season too.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJ Campbell scores lots of goals at this level. The goals that got Blackpool promoted and almost kept them in the Premier league. And 10 goals for Ipswich before Christmas in a poor pre-McCarthy revival side.

If he came to Blackburn and settled, he'd be a big asset, more than likely.

Very underwhelmed if he's staying permanently. However, it'd be foolish to write him off completely given his record at this level in recent years. He was playing for us when we had a manager that adopted the worst style of football I've ever seen us play.

I think, in style at least, he's the most natural partner for Rhodes that we have. Whether they get to play together again or not though...

DJ Campbell scores lots of goals at this level. The goals that got Blackpool promoted and almost kept them in the Premier league. And 10 goals for Ipswich before Christmas in a poor pre-McCarthy revival side.

If he came to Blackburn and settled, he'd be a big asset, more than likely.

Yeah, but my question is what particular abilities has he shown here? Not interested in what he's shown elsewhere, in the past. To me, he currently offers nothing.

to be fair to DJ his goal scoring record at this level speaks for its self, add to the fact that he only played under a manager that couldn't get Rhodes to score I'm more than willing to give him a chance next year. Best is another story he's never done anything of note Imo.

People are getting up in arms about DJ coming here but you have to remeber we're a mid to bottom of the table championship side these days, Campbell is probably about the best we can hope for in our current plight.

He certainly didn't pull up any trees when on loan, but a look through his record shows he's proven at this level, but needs a good pre-season, as does Best, and then we may well see the best of them.

People are getting up in arms about DJ coming here but you have to remeber we're a mid to bottom of the table championship side these days, Campbell is probably about the best we can hope for in our current plight.

He certainly didn't pull up any trees when on loan, but a look through his record shows he's proven at this level, but needs a good pre-season, as does Best, and then we may well see the best of them.

Goodwillie has shown more signs of promise than either Best or Campbell Gav. And that's saying something. Don't think any of those three are the answer. Shudder to think what will become of us if Rhodes is tempted away.

Goodwillie has shown more signs of promise than either Best or Campbell Gav. And that's saying something. Don't think any of those three are the answer. Shudder to think what will become of us if Rhodes is tempted away.

Campbell's impressive track record at Championship can't be ignored. If he didn't impress during a short spell in this car crash of a season then that is hardly cause to write him off. Likewise I'm a bit bewildered at the stick Best is getting. Have some forgotten that he suffered an horrendous injury or was he expected to hit the ground running regardless? He is another who has scored goals at Championship (and Premiership) level and simply can't be dismissed by a club in our position.

As for Rhodes, the Walker Trust would have sold him in a heartbeat. Anyone who thinks that Venkys won't cash in are fooling themselves.

I think you have to cut Campbell and Best a bit of slack, especially Best, who has had a serious injury which takes a while to get over, I think if you give them both a good pre-season they'll score goals at this level.

As for Goodwillie, don't get me started, he'll never make a championship football as long as he's a hole in his...... nose....

Yeah, but my question is what particular abilities has he shown here? Not interested in what he's shown elsewhere, in the past. To me, he currently offers nothing.

Still waiting....................

He was awful during his time here den, but the word was he was carrying an injury, not sure if that was true or not.

Well, you are going to have a long wait. Clearly he hasn't impressed thus far but I think it is fair to say that his opportunities to do so have been limited. Factor in that he came to Rovers at a time of upheaval and poor form and I think it would be fair to say that you are being unreasonable.

Well, you are going to have a long wait. Clearly he hasn't impressed thus far but I think it is fair to say that his opportunities to do so have been limited. Factor in that he came to Rovers at a time of upheaval and poor form and I think it would be fair to say that you are being unreasonable.

What's unreasonable about asking exactly what, if anything, people have seen in him?

I'll answer the question, even if his supporters won't. I've seen absolutely nothing in his game so far.

What's unreasonable about asking exactly what, if anything, people have seen in him?

I'll answer the question, even if his supporters won't. I've seen absolutely nothing in his game so far.

'So far' being the operative words.

I'm not sure exactly what would constitute a fair chance but I am sure that Campbell hasn't had it yet.

Presuming we lose Rhodes I'm assuming that you have a better replacement than Campbell lined up that we can realistically aspire to. Care to share?

• Backroom

I saw him do two really impressive things here and nothing else in the few times I saw him, the first was an outstanding volleyed cross field ball in his first home appearance and he finished really nicely from outside the box in one game but the whistle had already gone

I think he still has something to offer at this level myself as an option alongside Rhodes

His record before joining us means very little to me. Would you judge Mr Murphy the same way? Afterall he scored against Man United 2 seasons running, didnt he?

I question signing him on a permanent deal in JANUARY. In much the same way as i do the King deal, he signed when we didnt even have a manager, announced by Shebby on the same night that he lost his rag on radio Lancashire.

happy if campbell was to sign perm, we ain`t seen anyhthing like his true form. if rhodes was to go and a pairing of best and campbell is his replacement, then we`ll be alright with that and imo score more goals as a team than with rhodes in there as the front man. still think rhodes will stay myself though..

Archived