BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] pensioners thread

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mortens a good player, decent bloke and good role model. We're going to get a few more kids around and he can still make a good contribution. Did well playing in a 3 and having him on the left will allow a better passing range and he hits a decent set-piece. He's no Murphy or others and always considers the club. After all that's gone on I'm glad he's not leaving.

If it helps Kamy has met him and says he a nice bloke?

Fair enough, he's on a good wage but jeez, we have one player who appears to want to be at Blackburn Rovers and he gets stick.

He can definitely do a job for us playing a little deeper. He needs to covert maybe to be more of a defensive player, and could provide cover at left back.

There is so much to complain about at Rovers at the moment, this pales into insignificance. I despair sometimes.

That "Rome" comment is bang out of order by the way, T4E, joke or no.

Fair enough, he's on a good wage but jeez, we have one player who appears to want to be at Blackburn Rovers and he gets stick.

He can definitely do a job for us playing a little deeper. He needs to covert maybe to be more of a defensive player, and could provide cover at left back.

There is so much to complain about at Rovers at the moment, this pales into insignificance. I despair sometimes.

Do you remember him trying to play left back ? I do, he was awful. That's not his fault. Four things you need at fullback- pace, aggression, tackling ability, positional sense. He hasn't got any of those attributes, apart from that he'll be fine.

What I don't get is we're staring down the barrel of the gun labelled oblivion and people are happy to pay a bit part player squillions to sit on the bench of a Championship club. Get this straight, we are no longer moneybags Rovers, those days are over. Passengers and pensioners are a luxury we can no longer afford.

Do you remember him trying to play left back ? I do, he was awful. That's not his fault. Four things you need at fullback- pace, aggression, tackling ability, positional sense. He hasn't got any of those attributes, apart from that he'll be fine.

What I don't get is we're staring down the barrel of the gun labelled oblivion and people are happy to pay a bit part player squillions to sit on the bench of a Championship club. Get this straight, we are no longer moneybags Rovers, those days are over. Passengers and pensioners are a luxury we can no longer afford.

I understand the money situation. Which is why I would sooner we got rid of the likes of Murphy and Etuhu BEFORE Pedersen.

Much like Dunn his best playing days are well behind him. I would feel the same way about keeping Dunn - if it weren't for the fact I could well see him sitting on the treatment table of a Championship club.

What I don't get is we're staring down the barrel of the gun labelled oblivion and people are happy to pay a bit part player squillions to sit on the bench of a Championship club.

And exactly how would you get him to tear up his contract? Post Berg in the High Court to pay him off is the only answer. If we have to pay him he may as well earn it.

T4E. "Send him to Rome on holiday"...... Very poor that. You really are showing your lack of class these days.

• Backroom

Finally there is a post in this thread worthy of the 'pathetic comment' retort and Exclamation Man is nowhere to be found

And exactly how would you get him to tear up his contract? Post Berg in the High Court to pay him off is the only answer. If we have to pay him he may as well earn it.

T4E. "Send him to Rome on holiday"...... Very poor that. You really are showing your lack of class these days.

We can't shift him, I've already said that several times. Let's not try and make a virtue out of the fact though.

We can't shift him, I've already said that several times. Let's not try and make a virtue out of the fact though.

So just accept it and move on then. Constant bitching and sniping will serve no purpose whatsoever except maybe to cause irrational and damaging prejudice amongst the natives.

tbh we've had some right @#/?, some cripples and some Godawful players passing through our books. MGP is none of those and never has been. Why not save your bile for the likes of Murphy, Orr, Olsson Jnr, Stewart, Etohu and numerous Portugeswe whose name I cant rem?

I hope he goes to Rome on holiday.

Rubbish comment. I had taken you off ignore but that sort of remark shows you have very little to contribute. You're back on ignore again.

With regards to Pedersen I'm delighted to see he might be staying and hope he will end his career with us. He's still one of the first names down the team sheet and has been under a succession of managers, so they can't all be wrong. I also hope he joins the coaching staff too after his playing days have ended.

Rubbish comment. I had taken you off ignore but that sort of remark shows you have very little to contribute. You're back on ignore again.

With regards to Pedersen I'm delighted to see he might be staying and hope he will end his career with us. He's still one of the first names down the team sheet and has been under a succession of managers, so they can't all be wrong. I also hope he joins the coaching staff too after his playing days have ended.

Yeah why not, he'll be able to teach the kids how to take a long throw in.

I know, I thought it out in advance to try and bait over sensitive plonkers.

I know. I'm surprised you haven't suggested that I might be a Muslim.

Put on ignore by a bloke sad enough to pretend to be an old age pensioner on an Internet forum. Nice one Johnny, tonight looks like being a sleepless one.

Archived