BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] pensioners thread

He takes every bloody set piece of course he's top of our assists! Who else is there to rival that?? Again, a stupid stat. He's been taking all of our set pieces for 9 years.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He takes every bloody set piece of course he's top of our assists! Who else is there to rival that?? Again, a stupid stat. He's been taking all of our set pieces for 9 years.

He's done his @#/? job for 9 years! There are players on our books who have been brought in during the last 2 years who aren't even getting onto the pitch. I'd get rid of plenty before Pedersen.

" He's made the most assists this season ". We're talking about a team that finished 17 th in the championship. We're talking about a team that's goals of the season video will make pretty appalling viewing. He takes all the corners, all the throw ins in the attacking third of the pitch, most of the free kicks in the last third. Like I said - how many he games did he start and play out to the 90 th minute ? He either starts the game and gets the shepards crook around 60 minutes or he comes on with about 20 minutes to go and looks good because every else has been playing for over an hour.

Give it up guys it's the Kings new clothes all over again ! The guys bollock naked !

We could (some do) pick apart the performance of every single player over the last two years. Yet it's the guys at the top of the list (stats-wise) who get it in the neck.

I know Blackburn folk aren't happy unless they're moaning but @#/? hell.

Let's be serious, that takes no account of home versus away games. The relative strengths of the Rovers team versus the opposition on any particular day. It's just meaningless. How many games has he started and played the

whole 90 minutes ? That'll be an interesting stat.

The lad's not brilliant, but he ain't bad either. Why don't you leave him and get on with what's left of your life ?

There are far more deserving targets for abuse - such as this beleaguered government.

• Backroom

He's done his @#/? job for 9 years! There are players on our books who have been brought in during the last 2 years who aren't even getting onto the pitch. I'd get rid of plenty before Pedersen.

There is also a reason as to why he takes the set pieces, people notice the occasions when he hits the first man or whatever but don't bat an eyelid when it's a good delivery

Fact is there is no conspiracy if we had players who were consistently better on set pieces then they would be taking them surely?

There is also a reason as to why he takes the set pieces, people notice the occasions when he hits the first man or whatever but don't bat an eyelid when it's a good delivery

Fact is there is no conspiracy if we had players who were consistently better on set pieces then they would be taking them surely?

Exactly. Theres a bloomin good reason why Peds take the free kicks, it because Grant Hanley et al. are not as good at them. Its the same reason why Robbo used to take them up to the half way line, he's very good at a lofted ball into the area.

When you put pace on the ball like MGP does, its a lot harder to do, but if done well a lot harder to defend.

You can knock him for his allround play, but that hasnt changed since he joined (even when he scored regular wonder goals), but his set pieces are the best we have.

Knock those who have not contributed, not those that have. If Dunn was norwegian, and MGP from Blackburn Id bet opinions would be that MGP was the legnd, and Dunn the Grella mk2.

Just pay his contract up. We're loaded.

Might get expensive , same agent as handled Bergs contract , coupled with one for you one for me Derek negotiating , will probably end up giving him 20 years salary as a pay off

• Backroom

Exactly. Theres a bloomin good reason why Peds take the free kicks, it because Grant Hanley et al. are not as good at them. Its the same reason why Robbo used to take them up to the half way line, he's very good at a lofted ball into the area.

When you put pace on the ball like MGP does, its a lot harder to do, but if done well a lot harder to defend.

You can knock him for his allround play, but that hasnt changed since he joined (even when he scored regular wonder goals), but his set pieces are the best we have.

Knock those who have not contributed, not those that have. If Dunn was norwegian, and MGP from Blackburn Id bet opinions would be that MGP was the legnd, and Dunn the Grella mk2.

Yep everyone says anyone could beat the first man but a floated ball into the box is useless, he hits them with a flatter trajectory but with pace which is a problem if the angle and the run is right

Whatever happens in the summer I'm happy he played here and is a player that genuinely seems to have some affection for the club to boot, I don't recall him ever slagging off the fans or bad mouthing the club in the media either and has been a model pro in his time here (winners against Burnley along with wonder goals and that win at old Trafford helped as well)

His wages are undoubtedly too high if they rumoured amount is true and if there are offers to go and its mutually beneficial to all then fine but otherwise I for one am glad to have him in the squad

" He's made the most assists this season ". We're talking about a team that finished 17 th in the championship. We're talking about a team that's goals of the season video will make pretty appalling viewing. He takes all the corners, all the throw ins in the attacking third of the pitch, most of the free kicks in the last third. Like I said - how many he games did he start and play out to the 90 th minute ? He either starts the game and gets the shepards crook around 60 minutes or he comes on with about 20 minutes to go and looks good because every else has been playing for over an hour.

Give it up guys it's the Kings new clothes all over again ! The guys bollock naked !

Thats Dunny you are talking about isn't it? I dunno why I delight in you making a dick of yourself.... but I do. Carry on. :tu:

• Backroom

So he never plays 90 minutes yet takes all our corners and free kicks? Surely its one or the other?

So he never plays 90 minutes yet takes all our corners and free kicks? Surely its one or the other?

Doesn't he take the set pieces when he's on the pitch? I think this might explain a lot of the angst with MGP. His delivery is often woeful. Likewise, he can be sloppy in possession in general play which is extremely frustrating when you consider the ability he has.

He is talented, he does seem to be a good bloke but he just doesn't deliver anything like often enough.

Doesn't he take the set pieces when he's on the pitch? I think this might explain a lot of the angst with MGP. His delivery is often woeful. Likewise, he can be sloppy in possession in general play which is extremely frustrating when you consider the ability he has.

He is talented, he does seem to be a good bloke but he just doesn't deliver anything like often enough.

Again.

His delivery is woeful and his outfield play is abysmal, yet he is consistently our highest assist and chance maker. Ahead of some very good players at other clubs. Does not add up.

The only thing he's lost is his goals. If he scored 5 or 6 goals per season we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Yep everyone says anyone could beat the first man but a floated ball into the box is useless, he hits them with a flatter trajectory but with pace which is a problem if the angle and the run is right

Whatever happens in the summer I'm happy he played here and is a player that genuinely seems to have some affection for the club to boot, I don't recall him ever slagging off the fans or bad mouthing the club in the media either and has been a model pro in his time here (winners against Burnley along with wonder goals and that win at old Trafford helped as well)

His wages are undoubtedly too high if they rumoured amount is true and if there are offers to go and its mutually beneficial to all then fine but otherwise I for one am glad to have him in the squad

His wages will be too high as are lots of others but he didn't sanction them did he? They were negotiated way back by Allardyce and Williams when we were in the Prem and he was about to become a free agent. Lots of clubs would have coveted the services of a capable, left sided Premier league player of his stature and would have paid big wages to get him for nothing. Allardyce said at the time that it was like signing a new player. The only issue that can be open to debate is whether or not his wages included a relegation clause. If they didn't then that is the fault of John Williams not MGP. If that is the case the I can only assume that JW was quite comfortable that with Allardyce in charge the possibility of that was remote enough not to argy bargy with MGP's agent over the issue.

Archived