BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup Final - Man City v Wigan

Little bit surprised there isn't a thread to discuss the FA Cup final, one of the highlights of the footballing calendar. Head says that City are going to win (especially with all those Wigan injuries) but I would like to see Wigan win it, partly because of Dave Whelan and what happened to him in the 1960 final but also they play some really nice football at times.

What are your predictions?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It must be a strange day to be a Wigan fan. Obviously being in an FA Cup final is exciting, but with the spectre of relegation looming over the club it must be difficult to fully enjoy the occasion.

It's on at 5:15pm with a PL game on the same day. I'd say the FA don't care that much any more either.

I remember (even at my young age) the days when the FA Cup was a big deal - regardless of who was playing with the build up lasting half the day. Now it's not even the last or "biggest" game of the season. That status is now reserved for two teams not good enough to finish in the top two of the second tier - and all because of the prize money at stake.

The FA have @#/? all over the fans again by teatime kick off and playing during the season . They also give a @#/? about fans getting back north ,no trains.What sort of country does not have trains running at night .

I don't know why Wigan don't use this 3-6-1/3-4-3 formation all the time. They used it at the end of last season and looked excellent. It really suits their style of play.

I said similar on Tuesday night. When they attack because they have to win at the end of the season they look far better than when they play with caution most of the season.

Thank goodness Roy Kean and Gareth Southgate in the studio have given me some hope I'm not going mad by confirming they thought it was a penalty.

The two match commentators studied the slow motion replays which clearly showed imo it was a penalty and claimed it proved their view it wasn't!

• Backroom

Thank goodness Roy Kean and Gareth Southgate in the studio have given me some hope I'm not going mad by confirming they thought it was a penalty.

The two match commentators studied the slow motion replays which clearly showed imo it was a penalty and claimed it proved their view it wasn't!

Townsend is an utter moron to be fair. If you disagree with his opinion you're probably right.

• Backroom

City are a joke :lol: billions spunked on a group of overpaid mercenaries who have no idea how to work as a team. The worst defending Champions since us back in 95/96.

Wonderful stuff. Good for Dave Whelan. Might be a last hurrah for smaller Clubs before the FFP regulations further tilt the scales in favour of the bigger clubs.

Great performance from Wigan. Abysmally flat performance from Citeh confirming my less than favourable view of Mancini as a manager.

Why do people think Joe Hart is a good keeper? You could well argue the Watson header should have been a routine save for him.

Archived