BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Turkey

Blackburn is western , not westernised, though I do see what you mean. There's a whole lot associated with this and I'm not sure a Turkish holiday thread is the right one for it.

My last comment is I've seen Muslim women from many different countries wearing head scarves of numerous types and colours, many are very attractive, emphasising the woman's features. Why women would wish to hide is a little beyond me when they can clearly identify with their religion in a much brighter and attractive manner

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway .. Definitely recommend marmaris for hols and the cruise was a different type of holiday I'm used to , but blooming heck it was out of this world .

Blackburn is western , not westernised, though I do see what you mean. There's a whole lot associated with this and I'm not sure a Turkish holiday thread is the right one for it.

My last comment is I've seen Muslim women from many different countries wearing head scarves of numerous types and colours, many are very attractive, emphasising the woman's features. Why women would wish to hide is a little beyond me when they can clearly identify with their religion in a much brighter and attractive manner

Yes , I was just asking not asking for debate on it , I was genuinely curious .

Question ..

Not a race debate fuelled one .

Why do Muslims in Blackburn wear full body clothes ? Yet in Turkey , a Muslim country the women don't wear anything like that ? I saw a few scarves being worn and on the beach skimpy costumes ?off the beach the local women all got dressed up withdrew up etc and lots wore shorts. Lots of men drink Efes ?

The term 'Race' doesn't apply anyway Abbey. Like Christians, Muslims do not constitue a particular race, they constitute a religion

Turkey is very westernised now. Not what it used to be like. If you go to the local parts of Turkey, not the tourist attractions (which I presume you visited), you will find many women dress up similar to those in Blackburn. Drinking is forbidden in our religion, those that do are doing it on their own accord. No special rules for the Turks I'm afraid.

Despite the fact that the nicab and the burka are flourishing in Blackburn they have no connection historical or otherwise with the peoples of the Indian sub-continent. They are the garb of nomadic arabs from the middle east deserts. It is ludicrous to wear them in our climate. I have a strong feeling they only became popular in Blackburn as a show of defiance because we object to them and to put Jack Straw firmly in his place.

Despite the fact that the nicab and the burka are flourishing in Blackburn they have no connection historical or otherwise with the peoples of the Indian sub-continent. They are the garb of nomadic arabs from the middle east deserts. It is ludicrous to wear them in our climate. I have a strong feeling they only became popular in Blackburn as a show of defiance because we object to them and to put Jack Straw firmly in his place.

Religion isn't to do with which country you're from. The dress sense isn't determined by which country you are from. It is the same throughout Islam. Most Muslims tend to follow it, some don't.

So that feeling of yours is a load of tosh, a lot like majority of your comments.

• Moderation Lead

Completely agree with the last part. It's amazing how many burkhas could be seen in Blackburn after Jack Straw made what was an honest and fair remark.

• Moderation Lead

Yeah, because Islam only started after Jack Straw made those comments?

Don't spin. The amount of burkhas one could see increased greatly was what I said.

Yeah, because Islam only started after Jack Straw made those comments?

Are you denying the massive increase in women (i think ^_^ ) wearing of the burka and the nicab in Blackburn after Straws public appeal? If so you wont convince many around these parts thats for sure.

• Backroom

Pardon?

Anyway dont you know how to google? Here let me help...

http://www.google.co.uk/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=2a5a8b60638cc340&q=the+indian+subcontinent

Again I don't see why you responded the way you did. The talk was of a comparison between Turkey and Blackburn. Quite what the Indian Subcontinent has to do with it is beyond me.

I wasn't debating your point, just wondering what relevance it had to the discussion of Turkish trends.

• Backroom

Have you not read posts 21 and 22 Mike? Comparisons with Blackburn are made there. I don't understand your reaction.

I did read them however I appear to have misread your response, my apologies.

For the record, the veil (of whichever variety) seems to be dwindling in popularity here imo. Perhaps that is my perception of my own generation, which is perhaps more westernised than older generations?

I did read them however I appear to have misread your response, my apologies.

For the record, the veil (of whichever variety) seems to be dwindling in popularity here imo. Perhaps that is my perception of my own generation, which is perhaps more westernised than older generations?

Accepted Mike. Thank you.

btw Dwindling? I dont think I have ever seen as many around Blackburn as i am seeing now. imo it's yet another intentional wind up.

• Backroom

btw Dwindling? I dont think I have ever seen as many around Blackburn as i am seeing now. imo it's yet another intentional wind up.

As I say those of my age seem to be avoiding veils now, with only the occasional headscarf on show. I notice this as I have a driving job and often internally remark on how 'fit' some of them are and subsequently lamenting the use of veils :/

bigot noun [C] Definition

› a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong:

I trust that you were you staring in a mirror when you accused me of being a bigot TJ?

If Gillian Duffy is a bigot for voicing her very valid concerns to the then serving PM then I may indeed be a bigot too. However here is the very embodiment of the above definition of a bigot (and a bully) being confronted with his opinions.

Enjoy ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJKU9mRIR8

As I say those of my age seem to be avoiding veils now, with only the occasional headscarf on show. I notice this as I have a driving job and often internally remark on how 'fit' some of them are and subsequently lamenting the use of veils :/

that is something that I had first hand experience of when I was about your age Mike. ;)

btw you need to be carfeful...... some around these parts could easily accuse you of being a racist and sexist! :o:lol:

Blah blah blah

Dear TJ Bigot. I take it that you mean the ex PM. ^_^

You cannot be serious? Intentional wind up? It is part of our religion to wear a headscarf. I'm not sure whether you have noticed but Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, maybe that has something to do with it?

I agree with what TJ has to say about you.

Archived