BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Turkey

I just dont get why anybody gives a monkeys what another person wears or how they live their life, as long as nobodys being harmed or abused and so long as their not interfering with how i choose to live my life it aint non of my business(iv got more important things to worry and moan about)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

By no means do headscarves bother me. But I do feel I can't trust anyone who feels the need to keep their face covered. This doesn't just mean islamic veils, mind. I include helmets, balaclavas, hoodies, and even lowered baseball caps in that.

You cannot be serious? Intentional wind up? It is part of our religion to wear a headscarf. I'm not sure whether you have noticed but Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, maybe that has something to do with it?

I agree with what TJ has to say about you.

Headscarves aren't the issue as well you know. Stop attempting to muddy the water. The issue is with the burka and the niqab in Blackburn.

Oh and btw I agree with what just about everybody except TJ has to say about you. :P

don't need to, most people that follow these forums and have seen your non football related posts knows what I mean(your a bigoted old man).

And your a childish member of the PC brigade who's moral high ground stance is as superficial as it gets.

"He's ginger as well!"

"Snore"

"Blah blah blah"

"Statistics are for tw..."

I'm not saying I agree with everything theno says (although I do agree with some of it) but its bloody obvious that he's more intelligent, writes better constructed posts and puts more thought into the topics he comments on than you. You're just one of the many mindless enforcers of the political correctness mandate that says people are not allowed to say anything that could be offensive to Muslims.

• Backroom

Full veils are definitely worn less amongst younger female Muslims who are second or third generation UK residents. You're unlikely to find many of that demographic at all wearing them and I imagine in time this type of dress will almost totally disappear from British Muslim culture. It'll obviously remain popular in countries like Saudi Arabia, but only because countries like this have not moved forward culturally in a very long time.

Full veils are definitely worn less amongst younger female Muslims who are second or third generation UK residents. You're unlikely to find many of that demographic at all wearing them and I imagine in time this type of dress will almost totally disappear from British Muslim culture. It'll obviously remain popular in countries like Saudi Arabia, but only because countries like this have not moved forward culturally in a very long time.

It is nothing to do with culture. It is what our religion says. People should really educate themselves on the matter before coming out with such comments.

• Backroom

Have worked within and around Islam (voluntarily) for a long time, so completely confident in what I'm saying. Not bothered if others disagree, it's the truth though.

If you think Saudi Arabia embodies what Islam stands for, Blue n White Rover, I'd suggest it's you who needs to educate yourself.

And your a childish member of the PC brigade who's moral high ground stance is as superficial as it gets.

"He's ginger as well!"

"Snore"

"Blah blah blah"

"Statistics are for tw..."

I'm not saying I agree with everything theno says (although I do agree with some of it) but its bloody obvious that he's more intelligent, writes better constructed posts and puts more thought into the topics he comments on than you. You're just one of the many mindless enforcers of the political correctness mandate that says people are not allowed to say anything that could be offensive to Muslims.

Im not political in anyway and i dont need to hide my true feelings behind prentious long winded, manipulative posts when a short sentance or even one word gets my feelings across.

My point wasnt that i agree with all islamic cultures, its more a case of who am i to publicly criticize them,

the working class mainly white neighbourhood i live in has just as many issues within it than the Asian neighborhoods in Blackburn.

Tell you what BWR... you educate us. The advice (and images) on dress codes for muslim women that I found when googling about is contradictory at best. So wold you tell us why muslim women dress far differently in different countries and from different cultures and why. For example is a women with a headscarf in the Balkans or Africa or Pakistan not as good a muslim as a woman in a nicab in Saudia?

bigot noun [C] Definition

› a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong:

I trust that you were you staring in a mirror when you accused me of being a bigot TJ?

If Gillian Duffy is a bigot for voicing her very valid concerns to the then serving PM then I may indeed be a bigot too. However here is the very embodiment of the above definition of a bigot (and a bully) being confronted with his opinions.

Enjoy ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJKU9mRIR8

Brown was a disaster but its not surprising when your pilled up to the eyeballs and living in a sham marriage.

Im not political in anyway and i dont need to hide my true feelings behind prentious long winded, manipulative posts when a short sentance or even one word gets my feelings across.

My point wasnt that i agree with all islamic cultures, its more a case of who am i to publicly criticize them,

the working class mainly white neighbourhood i live in has just as many issues within it than the Asian neighborhoods in Blackburn.

Explaining the reasoning behind your opinion (as theno does) isn't hiding your true feelings. Its doing someone the courtesy of allowing them to debate your opinion. From what I can see the usual pattern between you and theno is theno voices an opinion which he explains, then you verbally attack him with very little explanation as to why.

If you don't want to publically criticise Islam fine, but I'm afraid you're not allowed to censor those that do. If this was a discussion about white chavs wearing hoodies then I seriously doubt you'd feel obliged to wade in with insulting remarks towards those who are against it. As long as its backed up with a reasoned argument and delivered in a polite manner, anybody should be able to publicly criticise anything, its called freedom of speech.

I haven't bothered to give my opinion on it because its off topic. But its Abbey that brought it up and blue and white rover who was the first to start discussing it, which begs the question as to why theno was your target.

Steve , I only brought it up as I was genuinely curious after me holly bobbies . Back on turkey .. I don't do shopping but it was good fun in the grand bazaar in Istanbul , even could have sold the wife . She wasn't amused when I was asked how much and I said free.

Explaining the reasoning behind your opinion (as theno does) isn't hiding your true feelings. Its doing someone the courtesy of allowing them to debate your opinion. From what I can see the usual pattern between you and theno is theno voices an opinion which he explains, then you verbally attack him with very little explanation as to why.

If you don't want to publically criticise Islam fine, but I'm afraid you're not allowed to censor those that do. If this was a discussion about white chavs wearing hoodies then I seriously doubt you'd feel obliged to wade in with insulting remarks towards those who are against it. As long as its backed up with a reasoned argument and delivered in a polite manner, anybody should be able to publicly criticise anything, its called freedom of speech.

I haven't bothered to give my opinion on it because its off topic. But its Abbey that brought it up and blue and white rover who was the first to start discussing it, which begs the question as to why theno was your target.

For 1 i dont have time to type long winded posts all day long(im supposed to be working;) )

And theno is an arrogant biggot as far as any racial issues are concerned(or at least his online persona is) so his opinions however well articulated they maybe are about as sound as listening to a bnb leader waffpe on for hours(when you know inside their minds, the only thing their thinking is 'get back to your own country' or something of the like)

P.s. Welldone for going to the effory of cherry picking those quotes of mine(totally out of context of the posts they where in) seems theno isnt the only one with to much spare time on his hands.

• Backroom

But is Theno really a 'bigot'? I doubt it tbh. I think he merely points out the contradictions in stuff like this. I'm pretty certain I've seen him aim such debate at Christianity too, so that knocks racism/religionism on the head.

A big part of the definition of bigot is that the views held are unreasonable. His are not unreasonable, just a touch controversial. But I enjoy reading such a perspective, rather the potentially bigoted view that he is a bigot ;)

We all know that that Gillian Duffy is a full on bigot too but if the Labour Party want to replace Jack Straw in Blackburn with somebody I would quite happily vote for they'd be well advised to recruit her.

btw thanks for the support fella's. :tu: Modern education churns out much poverty of original thought and way too many closed minds imo.

We all know that that Gillian Duffy is a full on bigot too but if the Labour Party want to replace Jack Straw in Blackburn with somebody I would quite happily vote for they'd be well advised to recruit her.

btw thanks for the support fella's. :tu: Modern education churns out much poverty of original thought and way too many closed minds imo.

and that's exactly the problem I have,

If people HUMOUR his bs he takes it as support and non rovers fans(or even rovers fans from the muslim community, etc) browsing this site could think that his views are representative of rovers fans and Blackburners in general(which they may be to an extent, but not in my house).

that's it from me on the subject, he's all yours.

p.s. im as open minded as they come princess, gladly though im not weak minded enough to buy into your diatribe(it think that's the right word :unsure: , my formal education was pretty non-existent)

You cannot be serious? Intentional wind up? It is part of our religion to wear a headscarf. I'm not sure whether you have noticed but Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, maybe that has something to do with it?

I agree with what TJ has to say about you.

Or maybe this has more to do with it..... ^_^

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/13/religious-people-less-intelligent-atheists-_n_3747511.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

And theno is an arrogant biggot as far as any racial issues are concerned(or at least his online persona is) so his opinions however well articulated they maybe are about as sound as listening to a bnb leader waffpe on for hours(when you know inside their minds, the only thing their thinking is 'get back to your own country' or something of the like)

P.s. Welldone for going to the effory of cherry picking those quotes of mine(totally out of context of the posts they where in) seems theno isnt the only one with to much spare time on his hands.

Incredible that you can call someone else a bigot and then stereotype them as BNP based on your telepathic ability to see inside their minds. How does that work exactly? Are there key words that automatically make you a Nick Griffin? Sounds very bigoted.

Wasn't hard finding them, you'd used one about 2 posts up, one where you called me a tw*t yesterday, and one that was memorably hypocritical in playing the racist card and then immediately using a ginger insult.

If people HUMOUR his bs he takes it as support and non rovers fans(or even rovers fans from the muslim community, etc) browsing this site could think that his views are representative of rovers fans and Blackburners in general(which they may be to an extent, but not in my house).

that's it from me on the subject, he's all yours.

p.s. im as open minded as they come princess, gladly though im not weak minded enough to buy into your diatribe(it think that's the right word :unsure: , my formal education was pretty non-existent)

So you've just admitted that many people share theno's views but are happy to completely dismiss those views as bs and weak-minded people buying into a diatribe. Well I'd describe it as weak-minded, and closed-minded, to have an opinion that doesn't even consider the opposite view. This isn't maths where everyone else is claiming 2+2=5 and you're one of the few who know it isn't. Social and political issues are more complicated and with more grey areas. You want the site to be regarded by outsiders as a place that adheres to your political views, how very dictator-like.

Regarding the discussion in this thread, it just so happens that France agrees with theno. As do most Muslim countries in the world. For them its not acceptable for westerners to dress and act as they please in their country, do you launch the same criticism at them as you do theno? Sorry, more criticism as the rules for westerners in Islamic countries are far more strict than the single form of attire theno opposes?

Archived