BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

Judge and Taylor, don't really know enough/anything to pass judgement

Being free and not portugese or called Lowe or Marcus is all very much in their favour though

Hope for a couple of reliable standout performers to sign WHEN Rhodes is sold get back to building from the back and all that sensible stuff we don't do anymore.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all this bile about venky`s, yet for the moment, nothing worse has happened under them that didn`t happen under jack walker at one time. we went down from the prem under him, flirted with a second relegation still under kidd and then he appointed souness. there could be further parallels yet with bowyer being appointed, you never know.

Send for the Doctor. This patient needs his medication reviewed.

I watched Millwall at home twice and in one or both games I noticed a player with strawberry blonde hair who looked similar to Fairclough, the Liverpool super sub of the 1980s. He was their playmaker. He was a real thorn in Rovers' side. I remember wishing we had a good midfielder like him instead of the dross we had.

I looked up his name...............Chris Taylor.

In fact I was so glad when he was out injured before the away league game which we won 2-1. We may not have won it had he played.

I am highly delighted that Taylor has come to us. I am also glad that our youth midfielder, Alan Judge, is also coming back.

He wasn't considered good enough for the prem but I think he will be an improvement to the squad in this division.

He was their playmaker. He was a real thorn in Rovers' side. I remember wishing we had a good midfielder like him instead of the dross we had.

I echo these sentiments, I thought he played great against us this season.

Things Venkys have done that Jack didn't:

1. Have a deficit net transfer spend - A lot of people seem to be forgetting this (no doubt blinded by the £8m spent on Rhodes), but Venkys aren't actually spending any of their own money on transfers. Rhodes fee was paid for with plenty left over by the sales of Samba, Hoilett, Nzonzi and Kalinic. Venkys are taking money out of the club, in that sense they're comparable to the Walker Trust in his final years, but they're not comparable to Jack at all.

2. Sacked a manager for no good reason - The football purists like to pretend sacking Allardyce wasn't the real problem. Well it was, we had the best small club manager in english football, and we sacked him. It was arguably the most suicidle decision made by any club in the history of football and, regardless of what happened next, is the single biggest reason we are where we are. Jack would never have been that stupid, he only sacked managers when presented with no alternative after giving them a reasonable length of time.

3. Used as primary advisors a football agent - You think Jack would have ever been stupid enough to appoint someone with such vested interests as his primary advisor? The arrival of Kean, the expensive, mostly awful foreign unknowns signed, the removal of our chairman, MD and any decent organisational structure, all Anderson's doing. And by extension because they chose to listen to him, Venkys doing.

Could go on and on but there is no possible way you can compare Venkys to Walker. I actually slightly agree with you in that I can't find see any motive or inclination that Venkys are doing all this on purpose. However where you seem only to see incompetence, I also see laziness and lust for power. They refused to take on Williams as their primary advisor because they wanted to establish totalitarian control, and they've stood by and let the club be relegated and mount an utterly disastrous attempt at promotion because they're really just not that bothered. They're negligent, irresponsible, selfish brats, as many kids are who inherit vast wealth from their parents and have never earned anything on merit.

you don`t need to tell me venky`s mistakes as they are well known, but it`s also true that on the field nothing worse has happened than did so under jack at one time, despite everything that`s happened(documented by yourself). it`s not impossible that our on the field situation can be reversed next season, under stable management, with a promotion push. as they say, `it`s a funny old game`..

Archived