BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jimmy. I read it the first time......well as far as 'proven championship player' then I stopped reading as he's played 22 games in the championship ;)

haha apologies, I tried to 'edit' and it went wrong.

Fair enough let me re-phrase. 'Has experience of the Championship'. What did you see from him that made him such a hideous prospect? I saw an honest hard-working player, tidy in possession and an eye for goal. I also thought I saw an underlying tint of 'poisonous dwarf' syndrome - Like a Dickov or a Bellamy which is never a bad thing on a football pitch.

Anyway - I shall reserve judgement but I think your complete dis-regard for him is a little harsh - particularly as he is a free transfer and the transfer window hasn't opened yet.

It's called reality. We are no longer the club that 'Jack Built' but have returned to the club we were in the late 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. Money will be tight and we have to cut our cloth accordingly. Taylor has done well with Millwall in the Championship and that is the League we are playing in. I'd rather sign players who have proved they can play at this level than some Premier League 'has been' or some foreign 'fancy dan'. We might not be challenging for promotion, but we didn't always have successful sides in those earlier decades but we still supported the club. At the end of the day if you are not happy with the signing then don't buy a season ticket. I note that philip suggested the other day that those of us still going to Ewood were 'suckers'. Well maybe we are, but I've always believed that you support your club through thick and thin and goodness there was plenty of thin in those earlier decades. Thanks to Jack and the Trust we have enjoyed 20 years of good times, and now we are having to endure some bad times again. Such is life.

Thing is Parson there is one almighty, massive difference between then and now-you didnt get the feeling back then that the Club and the morons running it were taking the p1ss out of the fans like they are now.These were by and large local folk , using their own money for the betterment of their town club.Now we have highly paid clowns employing highly paid clowns who dont have a fecking clue what this is all about.No wonder we are on hard tiomes, cutting our cloth (or whatever phrase is the order of the day now) when w e have idiots losing us £2million a pop for not getting a contract right.

We are being lied to, cheated and driven into the ground by these owners and somwhere along the line fans feel they have to make some sort of stand.The only way that most know of doing that is to stop going-so please don't start all that ''are you a fan sh1te'' again(that not aimed at you personally Parson by the way).

I think the end of the season will be the most revealing for a long time. The longest standing and most loyal supporters will not carry on putting their hard earned cash into this cess pit of a club where the hierarchy simply abuse it.And the sad part is that it is seriously hurting most of them to have to do that..

Seems most Millwall fans rated him according to this thread on their forums.

I go most, and he's the best player I've seen in a wall shirt this season. Never stops running, tracks back, tackles, beats players, no doubt can score goals - if we let him go, that's me.

I would really like to keep Taylor, always gives 100% and sticks a tackle in too, even wins a few aerial battles.

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=105168&start=51&posts=58

I wrote Williamson off straight away and thought Murphy would tear the Championship apart so I'll also reserve judgement until I've seen him play in a Rovers shirt.

haha apologies, I tried to 'edit' and it went wrong.

Fair enough let me re-phrase. 'Has experience of the Championship'. What did you see from him that made him such a hideous prospect? I saw an honest hard-working player, tidy in possession and an eye for goal. I also thought I saw an underlying tint of 'poisonous dwarf' syndrome - Like a Dickov or a Bellamy which is never a bad thing on a football pitch.

Anyway - I shall reserve judgement but I think your complete dis-regard for him is a little harsh - particularly as he is a free transfer and the transfer window hasn't opened yet.

Hardly a dwarf at 6 foot Jimmy !!

Anyway, according to wiki he's already signed......

Hardly a dwarf at 6 foot Jimmy !!

Anyway, according to wiki he's already signed......

Is he 6ft? Christ am I thinking of the right man? I had him down as a littl'en. Looked small to me when I watched him. Time for an eye test I think chaps - either that or next time insist on a seat that faces the pitch :brfcsmilie:

Either way - Dwarf or taller than me - he looked like a fiery bugger. Could do with a few of those rather than putting up with the spineless dross of last season

Guest Norbert

Sounds like a pretty decent signing since we're suffering from 2 or 3 years of complete meltdown and mismanagement. It is imporant to get hungry players in order to avoid a completely depressing season like the one just gone. It's about consoidation and recovery from Venky's stupidity, not throwing money we don't have at clapped 'superstars' wanting one last pay day in an all or nothing push for promotion.

Get the kean out of here.

It did occur to me that it could be him, but I thought: "No chance".

(Ref: Alan Judge, not Mr Fudge.)

He's had a cracking season down there though. League One team of the year and Notts County player of the year.

He's easily good enough to be a squad player here. I'd rather have him on the bench than a lot of our midfielders.

Intrigued at how we are making these moves, or should I say, who is making these moves. Bowyer, Singh, Shagnew, he who cannot be named? Who? Just because the LET mention Bowyer, it doesn't mean it's definitely him who is pulling the strings on this.

He isn't portuguese - so not the Shebster.

As many have said - solid signings, rather than ex-premiership players not willing to put the effort in.

• Backroom

Jordan Rhodes had never played at this level before and he's done alright hasn't he? Judge also in L1 team of the year and known to Gary Bowyer. Chris Taylor (if we get him) was impressive (albeit against us), is 26 and apparently a fiery bugger.

So both are free, calculated gambles and the latter could be an on-pitch leader that we've been crying out for.

I think positive at times like this or I'd give up.

Nixon also says this is Bowyer who has lined up in yesterday Daily Mirror.

Taylor was very impress for Millwall.

Can see him playing on the right wing for us.

we need good championship players not over paid ex PL players.

look at Cardiff and Hull squad. not too many ex PL but players who know this league and how to play in this league

Taylor is a very shrewd signing on a free. We don't want big name players who aren't gonna put a shift in. We need good championship players. Taylor will become a huge fans favourite; gives his all and has quality to go with it.

A team with Williamson, Taylor and Judge is better than a team with Murphy, Pedersen and Bentley despite them not being as well known.

Obviously I'll be worried if Taylor comes in as main signing for the wings, but he's definitely the sort of player that we need around the squad.

So as long as we can compliment it with quality signings later in the summer (I appreciate we have to shift some high earners out first), very happy with this signing.

Taylor is a very shrewd signing on a free. We don't want big name players who aren't gonna put a shift in. We need good championship players. Taylor will become a huge fans favourite; gives his all and has quality to go with it.

A team with Williamson, Taylor and Judge is better than a team with Murphy, Pedersen and Bentley despite them not being as well known.

Agreed. If we could possibly add David Jones on a free, Kane on a season-long loan as well - then I think these would be good solid signings for us.

Thing is Parson there is one almighty, massive difference between then and now-you didnt get the feeling back then that the Club and the morons running it were taking the p1ss out of the fans like they are now.These were by and large local folk , using their own money for the betterment of their town club.Now we have highly paid clowns employing highly paid clowns who dont have a fecking clue what this is all about.No wonder we are on hard tiomes, cutting our cloth (or whatever phrase is the order of the day now) when w e have idiots losing us £2million a pop for not getting a contract right.

We are being lied to, cheated and driven into the ground by these owners and somwhere along the line fans feel they have to make some sort of stand.The only way that most know of doing that is to stop going-so please don't start all that ''are you a fan sh1te'' again(that not aimed at you personally Parson by the way).

I think the end of the season will be the most revealing for a long time. The longest standing and most loyal supporters will not carry on putting their hard earned cash into this cess pit of a club where the hierarchy simply abuse it.And the sad part is that it is seriously hurting most of them to have to do that..

I'm right with you on this one. I have no heart to renew at present, and remain to be convinced. I like GB, but Kamys thoughts yesterday on unconfirmed rumours that we will have some form of guru advising him, but ultimately SS will have the final say filled me with dread.

I love my club, and we have had many debates over the life of the Loons, but their total inability to learn by their mistakes [or those of others?] makes me believe that we are in for another season of upheaval, which could be so easily avoided by a bit of good management [from the top].

I would go back to the blind loyalty I had as kid instantly, because it was a local club for [mainly] local people, if we had ownwers that cared. Wouldn't matter if we struggled year in year out, because I knew that they had good hearts and felt like us.

I have just lost the feelings I once had purely and simply because of greedy, self-centred, ill-advised, niaive, nasty owners/agents and Directors [AND ONE PARTICULAR MANAGER] who have swamped our club and done what they have over the last 2 1/2 years.

One day we will return to normal, and so will I.

Archived