BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

Except that Venky's promised champions league football, LeChuck

But I don't see how look at it that way helps anyone. We're not going to sign players of CL quality right now.

Saying Judge would be a good signing given our current position doesn't excuse anything that's gone before. Obviously in the grand scheme of things I'm not happy that we're having to look at the likes of Alan Judge. But we are where we are, if we want to get back to the PL then we have to accept that and adjust our mentality appropriately.

If we think we're too good for the likes of Chris Taylor and Alan Judge then we'll drop even further. It's a very counter-productive way of looking at things.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

A decent enough championship player, we finished 17th last season, did that escape everyone's gaze??

It doesn't forgive anything that's gone before, but not sure we should be expecting any world-beaters to sign....

I'd rather sign decent championship players than sign past it premiership players with hugely inflated egos. Would be a good signing imo.

You're absolutely right.

The club just cant win either way with some so called fans.

I'd rather sign decent championship players than sign past it premiership players with hugely inflated egos. Would be a good signing imo.

You're absolutely right,

The club just cant win either way with some fans.

Taylor is a very shrewd signing on a free. We don't want big name players who aren't gonna put a shift in. We need good championship players. Taylor will become a huge fans favourite; gives his all and has quality to go with it.

A team with Williamson, Taylor and Judge is better than a team with Murphy, Pedersen and Bentley despite them not being as well known.

But what are we playing for next season? Is it promotion back to the Premiership or have we settled for staying in the Championship?

Can anyone see promotion as even a possibility with players of this standard?

The only consistency since Venkys took over----we carry on going backwards.

Forget promotion if this is the future.

I'd be happy to get Judge back, it was a disgrace that he didn't get a chance to play back when Keith Andrews was being picked in midfield.

I don't know anything about Taylor, but i'm reserving judgement because we've found out that signing 'known name' players is useless in this league.

I didn't rate DJ Campbell this season, but if Rhodes is going then he would be ok in that role.

That's all very well Den, but what else is to be expected? No-one really believed we'd get to the CL again anyway. And with regards to the Judge/Taylor deals, that's the level we're at now. We've tried a squad full of PL has-beens last season and it didn't work. This appears to be a different approach and tbf seems more sensible than anything Venkys have previously done.

Okay look at these signings if they happen another way. Cardiff, apart from Bellamy could anyone honestly name another six players, i dont think so , same goes for Hull and Crystal palace, two are in the PL and Palace may follow, i am ignoring Watford cos if they do go up they will have no team, and a transfer embargo until September, so can't play their 11 on loan players. Point making here is both promoted teams were not full of big name players, only the odd one or two, which you could say we already have.

Good to see the board is reverting to type- being negative about everything and players before seeing them play properly.

After the last two and half years can you blame them really.

To be honest, I get the impression that if we'd splashed out millions on a Premiership or foreign player you'd be bellyaching about that as well.

Well you are safe with that pointless assertion because it will never be tested.

• Backroom

Okay look at these signings if they happen another way. Cardiff, apart from Bellamy could anyone honestly name another six players, i dont think so , same goes for Hull and Crystal palace, two are in the PL and Palace may follow, i am ignoring Watford cos if they do go up they will have no team, and a transfer embargo until September, so can't play their 11 on loan players. Point making here is both promoted teams were not full of big name players, only the odd one or two, which you could say we already have.

Tbh, I think we're actually agreeing but in a roundabout way. I think my aim for next season is to at least be midtable but hopefully we can push on to play-offs/promotion spots. I certainly agree that a solid championship squad is better placed for that than a bunch of PL has-beens.

I'm OK with this signing. He seems to have a good rep with the Millwall fans and was one of the better players this year, particularly during that sweet spell they had around the time they stuffed us at Ewood 2 nil.

For those not impressed with this.....it's not like signing big time Charley premier league rejects worked out did it. We finished 17th in the league, this is as good as it gets for now sadly.

Good to see the board is reverting to type- being negative about everything and players before seeing them play properly.

Yes lets really revert to type and give them till Christmas!

Bringing back DJ Campbell would be a waste of money from what I've seen of him so I hope we don't sign him. On Taylor I haven't seen much of him so I will reserve judgement for later. Judge? Wasn't good enough for us in the Premier League but we aren't in the Premier League now and he might be good at this level and bring something different to the team.

Unless Venky's are willing to put in a substantial amount of money in or we get rid of some of the overpaid rubbish we are going to have to look for freebies or loans. Will this scouring of the bargain bin harm our promotion chances? Of course but we weren't going to go up anyway with this incoming manager, board and ownership.

• Backroom

So far nothing has come up. The newspaper stories dont include names of the agents involved. Why?

My mistake then. I'd assumed you were being lazy :P

I'm OK with this signing. He seems to have a good rep with the Millwall fans and was one of the better players this year, particularly during that sweet spell they had around the time they stuffed us at Ewood 2 nil.

For those not impressed with this.....it's not like signing big time Charley premier league rejects worked out did it. We finished 17th in the league, this is as good as it gets for now sadly.

How do you know the Millwall fans are Millwall fans and not agent plants do you know them ?

Well you are safe with that pointless assertion because it will never be tested.

Cant argue. I would have thought every Rovers fan would be aware of the market we are looking for players in. I didn't expect us to sign anyone, I just wonder what sort of players Den expected.

Just as an aside, it seems to me that both Cardiff and Hull had their fair share of players of the ilk of Chris Taylor.

Don't mind free transfers of this quality, also think Gomis, jones and Thomas would all be quality free transfers, a midfield of them three and Taylor would atleast give us some fight in the middle if the park. I would add judge aswel for a squad player and ship out Pedersen, murphy, rosado, Formica, olsson, Stewart, Bentley and CKR to make room.

Look at Pilkington at Norwich. Rovers academy reject, now doing well in the Premiership.

Hungry players are what you need in this league, not old players here for the money.

Errrr EVERY player is at any football club for the money. Just like I go to work for money .Show me one player who plays for free apart from pub teams etc.

Archived