BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

Heaven knows what the Alf Ramsey's on this board would have made of Kenny's first signing, a diminutive 3rd division left back, he's not going to get us into the Premiership is he?? Oh....

Yes there are exceptions. Its just that we need a whole squad of them!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heaven knows what the Alf Ramsey's on this board would have made of Kenny's first signing, a diminutive 3rd division left back, he's not going to get us into the Premiership is he?? Oh....

So you think we are going up ?

Cant argue. I would have thought every Rovers fan would be aware of the market we are looking for players in. I didn't expect us to sign anyone, I just wonder what sort of players Den expected.

Just as an aside, it seems to me that both Cardiff and Hull had their fair share of players of the ilk of Chris Taylor.

Perhaps Den expected Venkys to honour their word of getting Rovers back to the top and making our wonderful fans happy?

To be honest, I get the impression that if we'd splashed out millions on a Premiership or foreign player you'd be bellyaching about that as well.

So you don't give a damn what the owners do then?

Perhaps then he is a little naive?

Why naive ??

They promised us CL , marquee signings , we are there baby , promotion or die trying .So in other words we just sit down shut up and take it up the you know what?

You don't think we are going up do you? By definition, our aim next year is to stay in the Championship.

Mind reader know are you in addition to your other gifts?

I don't know who these players are you want to sign who will guarantee promotion in a league where anything can happen and that won't get you bleating about bringing on liquidation.

This upset when we signed Lucas Neill and Stephen Reid were you?

• Backroom

You don't think we are going up do you? By definition, our aim next year is to stay in the Championship.

Aim to stay up and hope to go up. The aim of pretty much EVERY team apart from ManUtd, who can only aim to stay where they are.

That's not an answer to the are we going up one tho.

It mean's I hope so, but I don't expect it.

Mind reader know are you in addition to your other gifts?

I don't know who these players are you want to sign who will guarantee promotion in a league where anything can happen and that won't get you bleating about bringing on liquidation.

This upset when we signed Lucas Neill and Stephen Reid were you?

Certainly not but this is not a promising start to next season. If you think it is, well we'll see eh?

As far as I am concerned we have abandoned ambition and hope. Next season is more likely to see us in yet another relegation battle given the level of player we seem to be seeking.

Emphasise-----this is my opinion.

Don't understand this one, the few games I saw him in he looked crap.

Is this to pave the way for Rhodes leaving the club?

I would say so yes .....on or about august 31st

• Moderation Lead

Yes lets really revert to type and give them till Christmas!

I know it was a good point, but no need to quote it twice ;-)

Buying expensive pl journeymen hasn't served us well though has it?

I know it was a good point, but no need to quote it twice ;-)

Buying expensive pl journeymen hasn't served us well though has it?

Quite so. Our recent forays in the transfer market have been a disaster. I was looking for an improvement.

Why naive ??

They promised us CL , marquee signings , we are there baby , promotion or die trying .So in other words we just sit down shut up and take it up the you know what?

Lol. Heaven forbid they're asked to do what they promised Abbey - and no, I don't think anyone really thought that they would take us into the Champions League, but it's not unrealistic that they at the very least, take us back to where we were, a mid table Premier League club. If they can't achieve that and they want us to settle for mediocrity, then their business is done here. Time to sell, not time for us to accept them taking us down even further, which, in my opinion, they will.

Horses for courses. We finished just outside the relegation places, our average home attandance dropped dramatically, we have the worst owners in history, the club is one the bring of Armageddon (depending on what you believe), turmoil abounds every week, we are a laughing stock and this is the bloody market we have to shop in. It's Aldi for us now, not Harrods. That is the reality.

I would rather have the likes of Taylor than the disinterested mercenaries like Murphy, Etuhu and Best. At least I will be able to watch some players in blue and white halved shirts try and look like they care.

Certainly not but this is not a promising start to next season. If you think it is, well we'll see eh?

As far as I am concerned we have abandoned ambition and hope. Next season is more likely to see us in yet another relegation battle given the level of player we seem to be seeking.

Emphasise-----this is my opinion.

What would have been a promising start in your view?

Here's what I don't get about this messageboard - and this isn't aimed at you personally - all the weeping and wailing about Venky's ripping out the soul of the club yet when we appoint a manager who bleeds Blue and White and sign honest, hard-working pros, the self-same people cry and moan that we have lowered our sights and we were promised Champions League. So what is this soul that's been ripped out? To be honest, I like the idea of Bowyer in charge and I like signings like this as it's much more like the club I grew up supporting and followed all over the country. The Jack era was an impossible dream that went on far longer than I ever imagined it would, but its legacy seems to be a preening sense of entitlement that prompted our fans to chant "Loadsamoney" and wave fivers at other fans and now manifests itself in an attitude of this league is crap, we hate it, we should walk it to promotion etc etc. Look at the clubs around us: Forest Leeds and Derby all won the league in my supporting lifetime; Boro, Brum and Bolton all had good runs in the top flight, and they are all still here.

Archived