BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chris Taylor - Set to sign

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is they'll straight bat all interest in Rhodes during summer , play the "we want to keep all our best players" card while they want us to buy season tickets ,sign DJ Campbell, then sell at last minute

the overall plan for the summer will be to lower the wage bill , more players will leave that will come in , those that do come in be earning significantly less than those that leave i.e Taylor and Judge , there will be the odd exception to that rule just to keep up the pretence that they still want to succeed at the club

Don't think any team will match Rhodes asking price, we paid 8million and now he has scored 30 in his first championship season and has done well on a international level his value has gone up. There are better alternatives abroad for cheaper.

Always liked Taylor since watching him a few times for Oldham a few seasons ago.

Key phrase for me is 'HARD WORKER'

We need more grafters in the team, I'm hoping Taylor can fill the Brett Emerton-type ''utility'' role.

+1

Christ, 1 positive story of us actually trying to sign a solid honest player(for probably a relatively small fee) and the usual3/4 miserable ogres on here cant handle it.

+1

Christ, 1 positive story of us actually trying to sign a solid honest player(for probably a relatively small fee) and the usual3/4 miserable ogres on here cant handle it.

Whats so good about being solid and honest? There are vanishingly few jokers like Danny Murphy in the game, we only had more than 1 in the same squad last season because we're run by incompetents, but simply managing not to sign that type of rare extremely lazy player isn't an achievement. As always I'll support the lad at games and I hope he does well, but is there anything about him that makes him a good player in this league? He's spent the vast majority of his career at a league 1/2 club and was into his mid-20s before anyone rated him enough to play above that level. We've just had our worst league finish in 22 years and our first signing comes from a team that finished below us. Hardly inspiring stuff is it? Very strange how signing mid-table PL workhorses under Allardyce wasn't good enough for a lot of fans, but signing bottom half Championship workhorses now is.

I made a shout for shittu a few days ago, im sure his contract is also ending,

Hanley and Shittu- Roarrrrrrrrrr! Beastly combo

Certainly the type of player you need in this division, as for Taylor Millwall supporters seem to like his effort and attitude so can't be a bad thing. A bit of bite is what's been lacking of late.

Horses for courses. We finished just outside the relegation places, our average home attandance dropped dramatically, we have the worst owners in history, the club is one the bring of Armageddon (depending on what you believe), turmoil abounds every week, we are a laughing stock and this is the bloody market we have to shop in. It's Aldi for us now, not Harrods. That is the reality.

I would rather have the likes of Taylor than the disinterested mercenaries like Murphy, Etuhu and Best. At least I will be able to watch some players in blue and white halved shirts try and look like they care.

Aldi sell some nice wines. It's just a question of choosing the right ones.

They certainly do! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149036/It-s-corker-Red-wine-costing-3-59-sold-Aldi-scoops-international-award.html (can't beat it for the price)

A squad needs a mix of hungry, hard working players and players with quality (getting both in one package at this level is unlikely). Last season we didn't have any players prepared to bust a gut to get into the PL. Most of them had been there before so why should they?

Cardiff and Hull have plenty of unfashionable names. Same with Watford and Crystal Palace. When you watch any of them play you can see how much getting to the PL would mean. A few more like Taylor and Judge in the squad will help us create that culture too. Obviously we need a couple more like Rhodes as well to give us quality on top, but this is a decent start.

Avoid the Hungarian 1 'budvar'(i think), im sure it only exists to induce brain splitting headaches

Whats so good about being solid and honest?.

Simple, you need them to do well in this league, we dont have many of them and "solid and reliable are only two of his traits, hes got plenty more to offer by all acounts.

• Backroom

Tbf, the prospect of Rochina behind/alongside Rhodes (assuming both will stay, which is by no means certain) ahead of a midfield of Taylor, Judge, Jones, Thomas (all for free) sounds rather good to me :P

Ofc, it all depends on who is offloaded too. Sincerely hoping we can bag Kane for a second loan spell at RB. Or else Henley's injury issues disappear.

Whats so good about being solid and honest? There are vanishingly few jokers like Danny Murphy in the game, we only had more than 1 in the same squad last season because we're run by incompetents, but simply managing not to sign that type of rare extremely lazy player isn't an achievement. As always I'll support the lad at games and I hope he does well, but is there anything about him that makes him a good player in this league? He's spent the vast majority of his career at a league 1/2 club and was into his mid-20s before anyone rated him enough to play above that level. We've just had our worst league finish in 22 years and our first signing comes from a team that finished below us. Hardly inspiring stuff is it? Very strange how signing mid-table PL workhorses under Allardyce wasn't good enough for a lot of fans, but signing bottom half Championship workhorses now is.

A bit like Lee Williamson then. Nick Blackman is in the Premier League at the moment, is he better than Rhodes who no Prem club wanted? No because you rate players based on watching them and analysing their ability, not by which league they currently or have previously played in. And he impressed me and probably everyone else in the Cup, also it sounds like Millwall fans rate him.

So what if his team finished below us? George Boyd probably would have finished below us if he didn't leave in January, Adomah and Sako did. Benteke might finish below Norwich or Stoke, will their fans turn their noses up at him? No because that would be stupid.

This looks like it will be a good signing, fairly young, decent, hard-working, experienced in the league, all the things we've constantly being crying out for all season.

Yet there will always be the few to refuse to look at the bigger picture, and instead slag off pretty much every incoming transfer, never suggesting any alternatives. Rather moaning about the fact that Venky's had promised Champions League football on a budget of 5 million, and now they're shocked that it didn't transpire.

DJ Campbell is a done deal to come here.

Allegedly. That's only a rumour from someone on here isn't it? Not seen it confirmed elsewhere.

As for Taylor, not seen anything of him to comment but if we're to get out of this League it appears we need a team of grafters who are prepared to sweat blood for the cause two or three times a week with a bit of quality thrown in. In my view there was hardly a decent team in the Division last year but Cardiff emerged head and shoulders above everyone else by being far more consistent than the rest.

It has to pretty encouraging that we're signing players at all doesn't it, with the futures of 61 others to sort out. If we were on the brink of financial armeggadon as many are predicting, we wouldn't be bringing anyone in at all.

Guest Norbert

I'd rather have an enthusiatic player with moderate talent on a Bosman and reasonable wages than a load of clapped out has beens turning up and getting paid 3 times as much for no return. It is about the long haul back to a solid and consistent team. Those who think we deserve to be in the top 2 obviously have not been paying attention to the season just gone, and are the impatient sort who think that the madness of Venky's and friends can be reset and forgotten instantly.

It will take an effing long time to recover from the last 3 years.

Allegedly. That's only a rumour from someone on here isn't it? Not seen it confirmed elsewhere.

As for Taylor, not seen anything of him to comment but if we're to get out of this League it appears we need a team of grafters who are prepared to sweat blood for the cause two or three times a week with a bit of quality thrown in. In my view there was hardly a decent team in the Division last year but Cardiff emerged head and shoulders above everyone else by being far more consistent than the rest.

It has to pretty encouraging that we're signing players at all doesn't it, with the futures of 61 others to sort out. If we were on the brink of financial armeggadon as many are predicting, we wouldn't be bringing anyone in at all.

Lets just hope we ballsed up the paper work with DJ.

The championship has declined in quality as has the premier league and whilst grafters are needed they are needed in the right places. Cardiff will need serious changes to stay-up next year and thankfully they have money to burn in that regard. Whlst I understand peoples need and desire to see these attributes at Rovers I'd far rather see other attributes in a role that's main activity is to create chances.

We haven't signed anyone yet.

One thing I've noticed today was a round up of our loanees, Edinho Junior can't even get a start in the IPL, shebby your agent sucks balls if he can't even start at that level.

A bit like Lee Williamson then. Nick Blackman is in the Premier League at the moment, is he better than Rhodes who no Prem club wanted? No because you rate players based on watching them and analysing their ability, not by which league they currently or have previously played in. And he impressed me and probably everyone else in the Cup, also it sounds like Millwall fans rate him.

So what if his team finished below us? George Boyd probably would have finished below us if he didn't leave in January, Adomah and Sako did. Benteke might finish below Norwich or Stoke, will their fans turn their noses up at him? No because that would be stupid.

This looks like it will be a good signing, fairly young, decent, hard-working, experienced in the league, all the things we've constantly being crying out for all season.

Yet there will always be the few to refuse to look at the bigger picture, and instead slag off pretty much every incoming transfer, never suggesting any alternatives. Rather moaning about the fact that Venky's had promised Champions League football on a budget of 5 million, and now they're shocked that it didn't transpire.

look at the bigger picture ha ,thats what we are doing.

Archived