BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who's the worst football player you've ever seen.

• Backroom

Worst: Goulon.

Best: Nuri Sahin when he was at Dortmund, about 2008 I think (Samba played that game too, but obviously I didn't know who he was at the time).

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emerton was bloody awful for years. Ever since he developed his fear of the touchline monster.

Kaba Diawara was pretty embarassing.

Best player I've ever seen live would have to be Messi although he wasn't at his absolute best when I saw him, the best performance I've ever seen live would definitely be Iniesta.

Rovers players: Modeste was pretty awful to watch last year. Grabbi was terrible, but not so much as Per Pedersen and Ashley Ward. Cringeworthy...

Others: Mertesacker is a big lump of beans, Bebe a big flop for Manu, and Danny Cadamarteri was supposed to be the next big thing at Everton but was seriously overrated imo.

You know, this brings to mind the time I went with a Bournemouth supporting mate (now very happy at the prospect of giving us a thumping next year...) to see them play Brentford (I think). He was going on about this lad they'd just signed on loan, about how highly thought of he was by his PL club, that he'd tear up the division and be the next big thing for the England U21s.

As we sat down to watch the game he pointed the player out, playing as the striker, and I watched with interest as he shinned every ball he tried to control, bounced off the defenders and fell over. A lot. In his defence he might have had the wrong studs in or something, but he was hitting the turf when the ball was on the other side of the pitch and no-one was within five yards of him. His shooting was seriously worrying the corner flags and, if I remember correctly, he completely spooned the one good chance that fell his way.

As we left the ground I confidently said to my mate that the player was without a doubt the worst I had ever seen and would probably sink without trace.

The subsequent career of Jermaine Defoe is probably a warning against writing off any player too early or off the back of a handful of performances.

Haha very well told.

I think it's safe to say the worst player we've never seen is Myles Anderson.

In terms of worst I've ever seen in person, and this is going to sound weird, Freddy Adu was absolutely awful last year against Sporting KC. Just stood out on the left touchline and didn't move to touch the ball, track back or get into position to receive a pass. The one time he managed to get the ball and keep it he went around 3 KC defenders and... promptly fell over. So yeah it was disastrous. (I think it was last years US Open cup semifinal, but I'm not sure)

Guest Norbert

In terms of worst I've ever seen in person, and this is going to sound weird, Freddy Adu was absolutely awful last year against Sporting KC. Just stood out on the left touchline and didn't move to touch the ball, track back or get into position to receive a pass. The one time he managed to get the ball and keep it he went around 3 KC defenders and... promptly fell over. So yeah it was disastrous. (I think it was last years US Open cup semifinal, but I'm not sure)

Is Freddy still trying to play football? I remember when all the American fans on a site called BigSoccer were jizzing in their pants over him, say he'll be better than both Ronaldos and basically be what Messi is now. The crazy amount of hype must have ruined him.

I'd forgotten about Matt Dickens until I saw the Watford stand-in keeper palm the ball into the back of his net against Leeds in their final home game!

Considering Matt Dickens had his hands sewn on the wrong way round I didn't think he was that bad.

I once saw Myles play a minute for Aberdeen. I thought "now theres a guy who could do a job down south. probably for Exeter reserves" He was crap.

Pound for pound? Davies, Dailly, Grabbi, Etuhu. I do remember Paul McKinnon being bloody awful but fortunately no longer remember him playing. Recently we've had too many to mention. However Goulon really was awful. That defeat at United, as already mentioned, I swear we'd have been better off playing with 10.

Which leads me to the contributions of Orr and Murphy for their 45 minute displays against Posh at Ewood this season. There are no words.

Is Freddy still trying to play football? I remember when all the American fans on a site called BigSoccer were jizzing in their pants over him, say he'll be better than both Ronaldos and basically be what Messi is now. The crazy amount of hype must have ruined him.

MLS ruined him in a moneygrab. The people who run MLS are unbelievable. They are so cheap, have so many bad rules and have a $3 million dollar salary cap. That means Rhodes makes a similar amount as full teams. And the average crowd is 18000. It's all about profit.

Anyway, back to Adu, they made him turn pro at 14 and turned him into the next best thing. No one's ready at 14. It's absurd. He is (or at least was) talented, as he still showed in flashes last year. But he was really kinda the same player at 14 that he is today, because they retarded his growth through horrible, shortsighted mismanagement.

I hate Don Garber. Awful for soccer in America. Just like every other American league, especially his precious NFL. All about profit no matter what. Thankfully, the next supposedly talented American Junior Flores (not that he'll be messi or anything, but still supposedly talented) signed with Borussia Dortmund so MLS can't ruin him. Rant now over

Going back years, Frank Kopel. We paid £20,000 for him from United, alot of money in those days. Hopeless.

In the modern era, Kuqi. Lumps of concrete instead of feet in his boots, never understood how he made a professional.

From other clubs, George Berry of Wolves. Worst top-level defender I've seen - all his headers went up in the air or backwards.

Seriously the worst player I have seen in a rovers shirt is probably Edinho Junior

It was literally akin to watching a 12 year old wander on the pitch

He has age on his side but had nothing literally nothing at all to show

I was thinking the very same when I saw the thread title and first post.. has to be the worst ever seen in a Rovers shirt in a first team match.

Archived