BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who's the worst football player you've ever seen.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back years, Frank Kopel. We paid £20,000 for him from United, alot of money in those days. Hopeless.

In the modern era, Kuqi. Lumps of concrete instead of feet in his boots, never understood how he made a professional.

From other clubs, George Berry of Wolves. Worst top-level defender I've seen - all his headers went up in the air or backwards.

kuqi was limited as a player, but was a free, did score some crucial goals for us, then made us 2.5m when sold. hardly a bad experience for the club that one.

I remember Alan Fettis. We had been spoilt by some really good goalkeepers around his time, but still I remember him being utterly dire.

He even got an ironic cheer from the Blackburn End when he finally caught a cross

kuqi was limited as a player, but was a free, did score some crucial goals for us, then made us 2.5m when sold. hardly a bad experience for the club that one.

I remember Kuqi scoring at Boro in my only away game that season so i like the fella and he put a shift in unlike plenty we have now.

Guest Norbert

MLS ruined him in a moneygrab. The people who run MLS are unbelievable. They are so cheap, have so many bad rules and have a $3 million dollar salary cap. That means Rhodes makes a similar amount as full teams. And the average crowd is 18000. It's all about profit.

Anyway, back to Adu, they made him turn pro at 14 and turned him into the next best thing. No one's ready at 14. It's absurd. He is (or at least was) talented, as he still showed in flashes last year. But he was really kinda the same player at 14 that he is today, because they retarded his growth through horrible, shortsighted mismanagement.

I hate Don Garber. Awful for soccer in America. Just like every other American league, especially his precious NFL. All about profit no matter what. Thankfully, the next supposedly talented American Junior Flores (not that he'll be messi or anything, but still supposedly talented) signed with Borussia Dortmund so MLS can't ruin him. Rant now over

That was the impression I got-too much, way too soon. Like you say, how can anyone play professional sport at 14? It's like that Korean golfing android Michelle Wie, I'm not at all knowledgable about women's golf, but I've never come across any article saying how she won 400 tournaments including all the majors and is a female equivilent to Tiger Woods (not in that way).

And I thought that the NFL was a well run sport, but I guess I could be wrong.

Amazing how timing is everything with questions like this. Two years ago and everybody would've sworn blind it's Keith Andrews. Now Jason Lowe is crushing him.

Worst performance I've ever seen live was Karl Ready for QPR against us in the Championship-winning season. He must still have nightmares about Shearer to this day.

I think Alan Fettis must be up there, he was absolutely awful.

Other than him, Murphy has been pretty disastrous for us, though I feel that has much to do with his attitude rather than ability.

Outside of Ewood, surely Ali Dia (Souey's Soton signing) must be the all-time worst player?

Clint Hill and Shaun Derry for me are pretty poor too, and not PL quality.

Gresko for us once he lost his form was terrible too, I remember he was great while on loan though.

Ah, Gresko. He stuck in my mind too, since I used to play full back in the very low level amateur norwegian system. I wasn't particularly good (understatement), but I would have sworn I could have picked a pass with both my feet better than he could with his only existing foot. He was more one-footed than Marcus Olsson, and that's saying a lot. Still, he played serie A football, so he must have had something, right?

Shefki Kuqi was probably the worse footballer i have ever seen , but his workrate , application and will to do his best endeared him to the fans ............... Danny Murphy take note

• Backroom

Shefki Kuqi was probably the worse footballer i have ever seen , but his workrate , application and will to do his best endeared him to the fans ............... Danny Murphy take note

'Dat' cross for Pedersen's goal vs Fulham! And 'dat' brace vs West Brom :D

Nicky Reid for me. Fit as a butchers dog, could run all day, but usually round in circles chasing his own tail.

Norman Bell, as well, can't ever remember him scoring. In those days we played with a lone striker of Garner & Bell!! Yet everytime Kevin Stonehouse came on as sub he scored. :wacko:

Certainly not the worst Centre half we have had but not popular at the time, John Coddington. What is certain though is that he took the worst penalty I have seen in my life, against Palace in the late 60's. He had two attempts and missed them both, after taking a twenty yard run up he mishit it and it barely reached the Keeper. For some reason the referee ordered a retake and he repeated the long run up again and again it only just reached the keeper.

Archived