BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who's the worst football player you've ever seen.

For Rovers it has to be Anthony Modeste. He couldn't even run properly and lacked the basic co-ordination that a sportsman requires, never mind zero footballing ability. I'll never understand how he made it as a pro.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For rovers in the category of i wish we only had 10 men out because they are complete liabilities Amo and Peacock win by an absolute mile.

In the category of my head hurts seeing someone so obviously devoid of talent stealing money from my club Modeste, Marcus, Ward, Lowe, Douglas are the 1st to spring to mind.

But for the sheer length of time some has maintained awful form and played Pedersen by a country mile.

While not THE worst, Marlon Broomes & Calum Davidson always frightened the bejebus out of me.

Nils-Eric Johansson

ditto

in fact Johannsson , Matteo , Coleman ...was there ever anywhere a good left footed c/b ?

John Butcher made goal keeping look extremely difficult at times, so did Vince O'Keefe!

We should do a worst 11.

This front six would take some beating...

Dickens

Davidson Peacock Dailly Croft

Petrovic Goulon De Pedro

Modeste Mckinnon Diawara

Truly awful, would probably only draw with burnley again.

I was never confident when Aaron Mokoena's name appeared on the teamsheet. Perhaps not the worst but he wasn't great.

As someone said at the time his second touch was usually a tackle. A trier, and scored a good goal against City in the Cup I think.

• Backroom

I was never confident when Aaron Mokoena's name appeared on the teamsheet. Perhaps not the worst but he wasn't great.

As someone said at the time his second touch was usually a tackle. A trier, and scored a good goal against City in the Cup I think.

And a better one vs Sunderland on Givet's debut :) Might also have been the cup?

There was a centre back called Martin Hicks who played for Birmingham one wet night at Ewood in late '80s We could not stop laughing at him, his first 5 passes ended up in riverside and he literally didn't do a thing right all night.

As for Rovers, would have to go with McKinnon as worst forward, John Millar for midfield, defence a toss up between Dailly (£5.5m anyone) Croft, and Valery. Keeper would be Dickens. O'keefes performance in Full Members final saved him

Happy memories

There was a centre back called Martin Hicks who played for Birmingham one wet night at Ewood in late '80s We could not stop laughing at him, his first 5 passes ended up in riverside and he literally didn't do a thing right all night.

As for Rovers, would have to go with McKinnon as worst forward, John Millar for midfield, defence a toss up between Dailly (£5.5m anyone) Croft, and Valery. Keeper would be Dickens. O'keefes performance in Full Members final saved him

Happy memories

Mm, Dailly , Croft and Valery ! What future England manager would be stupid enough to sign those three wasters ?

that lanky piece of p!$$ that played for rovers Martin Taylor. USELESS!

I know some Wednesday fans and they think the same.

Mm, Dailly , Croft and Valery ! What future England manager would be stupid enough to sign those three wasters ?

and if you cant get a Dublin get a Blake :wacko:

This front six would take some beating...

Dickens

Davidson Peacock Dailly Croft

Petrovic Goulon De Pedro

Modeste Mckinnon Diawara

Truly awful, would probably only draw with burnley again.

Have to pick you up on this Bob. Er.. Actually I think this is the definitive Bad Rovers side.

Dickens threw a light weight shot into his own net as part of the 6 match losing streak that nearly cost Rovers promotion in '92.

Peacock was signed as cover for Hendry who left. Croft was better at Golf.

Dailly was always at Glastonbury and claimed that he would prefer to be in a band than play football. He played like his first job was a hippy.

Davidson did score a wonder goal so maybe not 'that' bad.

In McKinnons defense he was a non league player who Rovers took a chance on. He was well out of his depth, too slow. I think a good way to describe him would be to say he was Hefty. That is what enabled him to score a ton of non league goals for Sutton Utd. I think well ove 200.

Modeste, By name and football ability.

DePedro.. The quickest I saw him move was when he was leaving Christie Park in his car after a reserve game.

Diawara... Carried a man bag. Nuff said

Goulon. I don't know how this man ever became a footballer. What could he do??

Petrovic.. Dear me.. Some people on this site said he should be given a chance. ?? At what? He is supposed to have had a few good games. But no one knows where, when or even at what sport.

Have to pick you up on this Bob. Er.. Actually I think this is the definitive Bad Rovers side.

Dickens threw a light weight shot into his own net as part of the 6 match losing streak that nearly cost Rovers promotion in '92.

Peacock was signed as cover for Hendry who left. Croft was better at Golf.

Dailly was always at Glastonbury and claimed that he would prefer to be in a band than play football. He played like his first job was a hippy.

Davidson did score a wonder goal so maybe not 'that' bad.

In McKinnons defense he was a non league player who Rovers took a chance on. He was well out of his depth, too slow. I think a good way to describe him would be to say he was Hefty. That is what enabled him to score a ton of non league goals for Sutton Utd. I think well ove 200.

Modeste, By name and football ability.

DePedro.. The quickest I saw him move was when he was leaving Christie Park in his car after a reserve game.

Diawara... Carried a man bag. Nuff said

Goulon. I don't know how this man ever became a footballer. What could he do??

Petrovic.. Dear me.. Some people on this site said he should be given a chance. ?? At what? He is supposed to have had a few good games. But no one knows where, when or even at what sport.

Murphy plays like he carries a colostomy bag.

Archived