BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Welcome home Alan Judge

Very pleased to see Judge back if this is true. He was always a talented player for the Reserves and has obviously improved by playing first team football over the past few years. Picking up players who are out of contract seems a sensible approach and we are bringing in younger players who still have something to prove.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst it's clearly hard to stomach that we now seem to be shopping the bargain basement (actually, a shame we didn't do that last summer, given the amount we spunked on fees and wages for appalling dross), I hope Alan does well for us, but most importantly, I think the overall attitude at Rovers sorely needs to change. Too many high-earning coasters down Ewood way, and if signing young, hungry players on frees helps shake that up, then that can't be so bad.

As I understand it, we have to wait until the start of June to start binning some of our driftwood. Really, we're like a blimp trying to stay above water, desperately trying to shove some fat useless tossers out of the hatch so we can start rising again.

Despite this, my sad expectation is that we'll have a fairly similar season next year. The problems start at the top and until they get sorted, we're like the Marie Celeste.

• Backroom

No qualms with this signing I think he could turn out to be good for us

We do look to be building a championship team so we should get comfy here

Whilst it's clearly hard to stomach that we now seem to be shopping the bargain basement (actually, a shame we didn't do that last summer, given the amount we spunked on fees and wages for appalling dross), I hope Alan does well for us, but most importantly, I think the overall attitude at Rovers sorely needs to change. Too many high-earning coasters down Ewood way, and if signing young, hungry players on frees helps shake that up, then that can't be so bad.

As I understand it, we have to wait until the start of June to start binning some of our driftwood. Really, we're like a blimp trying to stay above water, desperately trying to shove some fat useless tossers out of the hatch so we can start rising again.

Despite this, my sad expectation is that we'll have a fairly similar season next year. The problems start at the top and until they get sorted, we're like the Marie Celeste.

But that ship stayed afloat!

It is amazing how some fans still judge a player by his transfer fee. Some of our best players in recent years have been players signed on frees or small transfer fees from relative obscurity. And yet suddenly, after picking up a player who was in the Div 1 team of the year we are in the bargain basement. For once it seems like an astute transfer - why knock it ?

A good mate of mine, who has sensible views on footy is a Notts County season ticket holder. He really rates him and thinks we dropped one by releasing him when we did. His feeling is will make impact with us and his size hasn't affected him in a league with more cloggers in than Championship.

It is amazing how some fans still judge a player by his transfer fee. Some of our best players in recent years have been players signed on frees or small transfer fees from relative obscurity. And yet suddenly, after picking up a player who was in the Div 1 team of the year we are in the bargain basement. For once it seems like an astute transfer - why knock it ?

this coming season transfer policy looks sensible and not spending money we havent got.

Judge and Taylor look good free transfers for us.

expect Murphy, Givet, and Robinson to leave.

I suspect we'll see the same quotes from him about Rovers in the next year or so after reading this;

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Notts-County-s-Alan-Judge-says-m-sick/story-18100176-detail/story.html#axzz2TX0nmj3c

Good player, hope he get's his chance to shine. Can see him filling the role on the right hand side, drifting inside to allow the overlapping full back to provide width (which will hopefully be Todd Kane!)

Judge returns to Rovers. Another sensible signing. We have now plucked Millwall`s and Notts County`s best players. A very shrewd couple of signings without breaking the bank.

Need 1 or maybe 2 New CM`s - Jones and one other - a new cd, LB, and pacy winger.

DJ has already signed so that covers us up top with Rochina, Rhodes, Best, Dunn and DJ

Central midfield of Lowe, Etuhu, Willamson, Jones (?) and one other. Murphy will leave. Wingers from King, Taylor, Judge, Nunes, Marcus Olsson and hopefully Jerome Thomas. Bentley and Formica will go. Suspect we may even sell Nunes and Olsson.

Defence of Orr, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Morris. Givet and Olsson will leave. Henrique and Dann May leave as well.

Possible/probable ins: DJ, Judge, Taylor, Jones, Kane, Thomas, New CM, New LB, New cb, Eastwood.

Possible outs: Murphy, Bentley, Formica, Rosado, Martin Olsson, Nunes, Jorge, henrique, Gomes, CKR, Stewart, Dann, and dare I say Rhodes.

Hope you a right about Rochina, I will be gutted if we do not keep him. Technically he is our best player and wasnt he our 2nd highest scorer

Hope you a right about Rochina, I will be gutted if we do not keep him. Technically he is our best player and wasnt he our 2nd highest scorer

Bowyer rates Rochina so I'd be surprised if he lets him go. He was a key part of what Bowyer did in his first spell in charge. We need to keep hold of possession better next season and Rochina will be key to that. Judge and Taylor are also technically gifted players who won't just lump the ball forward like most of our players do at the moment.

Bowyer rates Rochina so I'd be surprised if he lets him go. He was a key part of what Bowyer did in his first spell in charge. We need to keep hold of possession better next season and Rochina will be key to that. Judge and Taylor are also technically gifted players who won't just lump the ball forward like most of our players do at the moment.

Lets hope Bowyer can convince Rochina he will be an integral part of the team next season

If (and its a big if) we are seeing the start of a midfield which is comfortable and capable of keeping the ball then we may start to see better showings from Murphy. Half of his trouble is he is too slow to chase after long balls from front to back. It catches him out of position.

Id still rather flog or release him personally. But if Bowyer fancies him then it would make sense to get others around him with the same inclination to keep the ball.

The hard bit will surely be convincing Rochina to give life in England another chance? Even if he were to get an offer from a relegated La Liga club there must be a chance he would prefer that.

IF we could keep Rochina he could well be the difference next season. Most Championship clubs who have gone up in recent seasons (or gone close) have had one player who can produce that bit of magic when it's needed. A Taarabt, Bellamy, Zaha.

Judge seems a sensible move to me. Hopefully it is being led by Bowyer.

It seems pretty clear to me that Gary wants to improve the service to Jordan Rhodes from wide positions by signing Judge and Taylor. Hopefully they can do that and his goal tally will be in the high 30's. They will also offer excellent support for the full backs.

If (and its a big if) we are seeing the start of a midfield which is comfortable and capable of keeping the ball then we may start to see better showings from Murphy. Half of his trouble is he is too slow to chase after long balls from front to back. It catches him out of position.

I was thinking that but I wasn't brave enough to say it.

If we have hard working players like Judge and Taylor that can keep the ball and cover ground, we might be able to get some use out of Murphy yet. Although Dann is still a huge problem because he's incapable of playing the ball out from the back.

What Dann needs is an outlet, a midfielder clever enough to drop in to space and offer him an easy out rather than being 40 yards away from him. We've not had that player since Tugay, but it's essential for ball retention.

Archived