BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Welcome home Alan Judge

if no one was sold our definite starters list is probably

...........................................................kean

henley.................dann...................................................hanley.................martin

judge....................??????..............................???????............................taylor

.......................................Rhodes.....................???????

At least three more hopefully of a very decent standard for this level required

Lose Rhodes and everything starts to look bleak though never seeing Best,Murphy,Orr,Pedersen or Etuhu play again is too soon.

Judge seems sensible but i'm never seeing promotion without a couple of game changing signings and for all peoples new found confidence in dann and Hanley??? I still think they aspire to be no more than average on a good day.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with 47er, Rochina hasn't yet displayed consistency. If using him next season, get a good start then bring him in to a winning team. Not sure Rochina would fit in a team based around Rhodes anyway, would suit a fully fit Leon Best more, who could do the physical work needed in the Championship that currently is not really part of Rhodes natural game (assuming Best will be better than his post-injury end of season form).

Agree with 47er, Rochina hasn't yet displayed consistency. If using him next season, get a good start then bring him in to a winning team. Not sure Rochina would fit in a team based around Rhodes anyway, would suit a fully fit Leon Best more, who could do the physical work needed in the Championship that currently is not really part of Rhodes natural game (assuming Best will be better than his post-injury end of season form).

Don't see Best on "showboat" anytime soon.

So 2 + 2 does equal 5 then.

In terms of effort Lowe is one of the few players that can hold his head high this season.

So he is distancing himself from blame and throwing his 'team mates' under the bus..............

So 2 + 2 does equal 5 then.

In terms of effort Lowe is one of the few players that can hold his head high this season.

Lowe is only partly right. Yes you need to have the desired work rate in the Championship, and no you can't fault his work rate or commitment but he was part of the problem last season, he was generally atrocious in midfield himself. On top of that you have to have some idea what to do with the ball when you get it and be able to use it.

And he hasn't any/can't.

I only see him as a stand in utility player at full back/midfield if we're to be successful next season.

Realistically our defensive personnel is fairly good at least for this division, and Rhodes plus healthy best could be very good up top. However, I struggle to see anyone from last year who was decent at midfield or winger. Looks like we've addressed the wings, now we need to deal with the biggest problem, central midfield.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's inevitable we will see some players now leave - aside from non-returning loanees.

Strangely though I'm actually quite pleased that we are going for these kinds of players - providing that Bowyer is doing the picking. The idea that we will have players who want to play for the shirt, despite being of lower quality (on paper) is quite heartening in a warped sort of way.

I'm more confident that Bowyer will be bringing in players to play, not just turn out for the reserves.

I always liked Judge for us in the Prem.

Sadly not a Sam type of player but he could be that bit of class needed in this Division.

We need eleven class players out there not one that is stepping up a league.

Let the relegation battle commence if the quality doesnt improve and more importantly the better players leave Hanley ? Kean? Rhodes? .

Let the relegation battle commence if the quality doesnt improve and more importantly the better players leave Hanley ? Kean? Rhodes? .

You mean like Rhodes ? I say if he was voted one of the best players in league one last year he will have a good chance of proving to be worth the £0 we have paid for him.

On this one I feel very confident I won't have my fan club quoting me for saying I expect Judge to be a class above in this league.

How about these 'class' players in Palace's line up v. Watford

Speroni - Argentine football to Palace via Dundee

Ward - from Pompey via non league and Bournemouth

Moxey - Exeter and Derby

Jedinak - 'A' League and minor Turkish clubs

Gravan - Ipswich

Dikgacoi - South African football

Williams - Academy

Wilbraham - done a lower league tour including stops at the likes of Stockport, MK Dons, Bradford and Oldham

Sub Stuart O'Keefe looked impressive when he came on early. He was a free transfer from Southend.

None of our three signings so far would look out of place amongst that lot. Likewise the regular line ups at Cardiff and Hull. We are doing some astute work in the transfer market but if you think we can do better then I'm sure Gary Bowyer would like to be pointed in the direction of these 'class' players that are available in our price/wage range and would come here.

You are clearly a fine judge of a player so why not get in touch?

I reckon, if I could be bothered, a bit of digging might reveal posts from you slagging off Hanley.

How about these 'class' players in Palace's line up v. Watford

Speroni - Argentine football to Palace via Dundee

Ward - from Pompey via non league and Bournemouth

Moxey - Exeter and Derby

Jedinak - 'A' League and minor Turkish clubs

Gravan - Ipswich

Dikgacoi - South African football

Williams - Academy

Wilbraham - done a lower league tour including stops at the likes of Stockport, MK Dons, Bradford and Oldham

Sub Stuart O'Keefe looked impressive when he came on early. He was a free transfer from Southend.

None of our three signings so far would look out of place amongst that lot. Likewise the regular line ups at Cardiff and Hull. We are doing some astute work in the transfer market but if you think we can do better then I'm sure Gary Bowyer would like to be pointed in the direction of these 'class' players that are available in our price/wage range and would come here.

You are clearly a fine judge of a player so why not get in touch?

Dont know much about the Millwall player and the goalie, though Alan Judge, as Philipl points out will fit in fine at Rovers, certainly a lot better than Cameron Stewart. Only problem is its the ones that are going to leave the first team that could disturb the balance of the teams effectiveness.

All in all im looking for is a competitive advantage from Rovers otherwise whats the point of just fulfilling fixtures every week.

One year rolling contracts dont suggest too much confidence in team GB which is a shame.

Dont know much about the Millwall player and the goalie, though Alan Judge, as Philipl points out will fit in fine at Rovers, certainly a lot better than Cameron Stewart. Only problem is its the ones that are going to leave the first team that could disturb the balance of the teams effectiveness.

All in all im looking for a competitive advantage from Rovers otherwise whats the point of just fulfilling fixtures every week.

One year rolling contracts dont suggest too much confidence in team GB which is a shame.

Surely, after the Berg calamity, a one year rolling contract is a sensible approach? It's good enough for Celtic and Neil Lennon.

As for departures, that comes with territory now for a Rovers boss given the financial mess we are in. We urgently need money in to pay the bills, otherwise we are going under. Replacing outgoing players with young and/or hungry up and comers with a point to prove, like Alan Judge, is the only sensible option for us now.

Archived