BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Welcome home Alan Judge

Other than Bellamy, could you name another player at Cardiff?

I think the realistic posters on here can see what bowyer is trying to do.

Maybe thats it, they had a team with one show piece item whereas we have/had many show piece items yet no team.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Follow Venky's instructions and field a team without spending any money?

I was thinking more along the lines of recruiting wisely on good hungry championship players. Gives us the best chance of competing in this league. Cardiff showed it can be done.

Spending money on 'premiership' players, who couldn't give a toss, picking up stupid wages, does not work.

Being a team GB fan, all these guys have ever done is work with the academy and reserves.

Which asks the question, how limited will these guys be in the big wide transfer market ? Or, is it simply a case at Rovers that it doesnt matter what transfer experience you may have as its not required as the player are brought and pushed onto you at this club.

Just reading Chris Taylors stats looks like hes only ever played about twenty games in the championship with the rest of his career playing in league one, same as Judge, and Eastwood.

In essence they are all league one players.

so was Jordan Rhodes, your lucky if you start at the top and stay there, everyone has to gain the experience somewhere

Just reading Chris Taylors stats looks like hes only ever played about twenty games in the championship with the rest of his career playing in league one, same as Judge, and Eastwood.

You still dont get it do you?

Have a look at Glenn Murray's stats.

A 1 year rolling contract says 2 things. The club is not confident in Bowyer and believe no club will poach him and they do not trust Shaw as far as they can throw him. After all 12 months severance is and has been the club policy anyway (even the old hag said that) and the extra years on the contract are only there for compo leverage should another club try to poach the manager.

Having no trust in your board is not astute business sense.

A 1 year rolling contract says 2 things. The club is not confident in Bowyer and believe no club will poach him and they do not trust Shaw as far as they can throw him. After all 12 months severance is and has been the club policy anyway (even the old hag said that) and the extra years on the contract are only there for compo leverage should another club try to poach the manager.

Having to trust in your board is not astute business sense.

In my opinion, this is a direct result of the Berg debacle.

I wouldn't worry too much. Desai may have signed off a rolling contract but by the time he puts his signature on the thing it could be Pardew sized...

You still dont get it do you?

Have a look at Glenn Murray's stats.

Fair enough, but surely you cant have too many of this level and expect promotion to the prem... get it !

The way things have run with this shower in charge, you would think that come january team GB is booted out, as they've just had their best players sold in the summer. Then a new man is installed to bring in even more duds whilst this shower cream off the remaining valued players leaving the club dumped in league one without a hope.

Fair enough, but surely you cant have too many of this level and expect promotion to the prem... get it !

I don't want to be personal but look again at the squads/first 11's of the three promoted clubs. Now, would you rather have more washed up Premiership 'stars' looking for a last payday who would think that they are doing Rovers a favour by signing for us?

As for these 'class' players you refer to, well, if you know who these players are who don't demand Premiership wages, don't command exorbitant transfer fees and would be happy to join Rovers then you are clearly a super scout and you are wasting your time on here.

Personally I don't see how last year counts as proof that recruiting Premier League players doesn't work. If we'd recruited "hungry" League 1 and bottom half Championship players last season instead and still cycled through 5 managers, 2 diabolical, 2 caretakers and 1 Kean, we'd have still done rubbish and it wouldn't have proven or disproven anything about that approach either.

This season if we actually intend to have a stable manager in place, and because of that give the 3 stooges little to meddle with, then it ought to be an environment the players ability can thrive. In the brief moments of calm last season the squad we had still beat Hull, Leicester, Watford, Arsenal, took 4 points off Forest and was unbeaten against Brighton. Its a big mistake in my opinion to blame the players we signed when they could produce results like that, and assume we need to start signing ones of inferior quality and superior athleticism.

Wasnt Hughes on a rolling contract too?

Personally I don't see how last year counts as proof that recruiting Premier League players doesn't work. If we'd recruited "hungry" League 1 and bottom half Championship players last season instead and still cycled through 5 managers, 2 diabolical, 2 caretakers and 1 Kean, we'd have still done rubbish and it wouldn't have proven or disproven anything about that approach either.

This season if we actually intend to have a stable manager in place, and because of that give the 3 stooges little to meddle with, then it ought to be an environment the players ability can thrive. In the brief moments of calm last season the squad we had still beat Hull, Leicester, Watford, Arsenal, took 4 points off Forest and was unbeaten against Brighton. Its a big mistake in my opinion to blame the players we signed when they could produce results like that, and assume we need to start signing ones of inferior quality and superior athleticism.

The point I was trying to make is team GB dont have any experience whatsoever in recruiting players - none.

I see what you are saying, but I still think that if you look back at successful teams in the championship, you need to build around hungry players who would give everything to get a chance to play in the premiership.

The standard of football is terrible, but if we can keep the 'quality' players such as Rhodes, Rochina, King (on his day), Jones, Best, Henley then get the rest of the team full of hardworking, energetic players we have a good chance of going up.

The shambles off the pitch won't help though.

Best, quality and hardworking in the same paragraph let alone sentence !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on quality due to his injury last year, but I wasn't classing him in the 'hardworking' category!

• Moderation Lead

People complained about us having too many lazy ex-prem players on a payday here last season, now they whinge when we sign hardworking players which we so sorely lacked last season.

Give me strength.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on quality due to his injury last year, but I wasn't classing him in the 'hardworking' category!

Well he's certainly not in the 'quality' category...!

The point I was trying to make is team GB dont have any experience whatsoever in recruiting players - none.

Hughes didn't have any experience at recruiting players prior to Rovers - and he didn't do too bad. Also - for those moaning - buy first division players get first division football - lets not forget Samba (reserve team player), Nzonzi (french second division) Nelsen (MLS) ! Lets give Team GB a chance before we start doubting.

Archived