BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood set to become Rovers manager

The odds on Tim Sherwood becoming next Rovers manager have come in a lot this morning. was 50/1 last night with Sky bet. now 1/2.

Dan Welsted @Welsted 7m @BroadcastMoose Tim Sherwood will be next Blackburn manager. I've been told deal done late last night after compensation agreed with Spurs.

Ian Abrahams @BroadcastMoose 6m

@Welsted Tim Sherwood will be next Blackburn manager. told deal done late last night after compensation agreed with Spurs.” Interesting

don't know if this is true by the way

Has any of the 'In the Know' people have anything on this like Kamy???

here are the current Rovers manager odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/blackburn/manager-on-1st-day-of-season

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so we are replacing our current 'manager', Gary Bowyer who has at least a tiny bit of managerial experience, and has been successful, for Tim Sherwood, who has no 'managerial' experience. Brilliant.

LT clearly has no links with the Club if this is true.

I wouldn't write Sherwood off, has got the grounding with Spurs and was a a very intelligent footballer, but its still a gamble and none of them have come off so far

Feel sorry for Bowyer who mist have thought he had the job. Hope he stays on in another capacity.

Dear oh dear, what a bloody mess!

PS---- if its true, sorry Nicko!!

Cannot be true. After recent "no experience" appointments that have failed, why would Venkys be so silly (yes I know!) to appoint someone again who has not been through the mill?

If true....Rovers v Spurs as a pre season friendly??

I wonder if Shebby is chasing Sherwood for a Director of football position. Kamy had mentioned that this was a structure rovers were rumoured to be considering and Sherwood was upset at Spurs not to be offered the DOF role. Just a thought.

I definitely think there's something in it, ive said in the past that I belived Sherwood has always been Shabbys number 1 choice and he wont be truly content with anybody else,

Its a tricky one for me As im a little biased(Sherwood was easily my favourite player in his rovers days), but giving him the managers job would be yet another massive gamble and I imagine very very expensive one,

Unlike Berg and Appleton I think Sherwood has a lot more about him personality wise and will be far more liked and respected from the off y the players,

The real question for me would be where would this leave Bowyer? Back to the resrves(deserves better than that), Assistant to Sherwood(cant see that), leave the club(I imagine there will be quite a few clubs willing to make him their manager)

But this is just more speculation from an extremely inconsistent source(Nixon) and if there is nothing in it, the speculation alone going to yet again unsettle things at rovers.

A DOF role for Sherwood with Bowyer as manager would be more ideal.

Thought you were giving it a rest for a while!

not sure why your so interested?

But I'm at least going to avoid posting in the silly threads and only post when there is actually something new and of substance brfc wise to comment on(Like todays Sherwood rumours)

Can't say I'm too happy about that. I didn't think much of him as a player, I didn't like his attitude. Even his mum wouldn't have said he was a grafter. One of the sort of players who rely on other guys to get the team a foothold in the game, then they play. At least we'll have Bowyer in the wings if we have to blow Sherwood out if things go tits up again.

I definitely think there's something in it, ive said in the past that I belived Sherwood has always been Shabbys number 1 choice and he wont be truly content with anybody else,

Its a tricky one for me As im a little biased(Sherwood was easily my favourite player in his rovers days), but giving him the managers job would be yet another massive gamble and I imagine very very expensive one,

Unlike Berg and Appleton I think Sherwood has a lot more about him personality wise and will be far more liked and respected from the off y the players,

The real question for me would be where would this leave Bowyer? Back to the resrves(deserves better than that), Assistant to Sherwood(cant see that), leave the club(I imagine there will be quite a few clubs willing to make him their manager)

But this is just more speculation from an extremely inconsistent source(Nixon) and if there is nothing in it, the speculation alone going to yet again unsettle things at rovers.

A DOF role for Sherwood with Bowyer as manager would be more ideal.

Speculation more fuelled by a random tweet to Ian Abrahams of Talksport than Alan I think.

Andy Cryer thinks nothing in it but I did wonder about Shebby's return being strategic.

We shall see.

not sure why your so interested?

But I'm at least going to avoid posting in the silly threads and only post when there is actually something new and of substance brfc wise to comment on(Like todays Sherwood rumours)

No....you definately said you were leaving the board.....that was midnight-ish last night. Back so soon? And don't send me PMs again you @#/? turd.

Archived