BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood set to become Rovers manager

Really? How many gambles do you take before you realise that you stand a far better chance of doing well with someone who knows what they are doing at this level? Or at any level for that matter!

Exactly, I really can't understand how people can be happy with Bowyer or Sherwood, 2 rookies, we've had enough bleedin rookies to last a life time, the owners haven't learned a thing, but neither have a good manjority of the fans on here!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Step 1: Ignore advice to get an experienced manager

Step 2: Appoint an experienced rookie manager

Step 3: Manager gets found to be tactically naive, and doesn't have the weight to ignore Board interventions.

Step 4: Sack manager at great cost

Step 5: REPEAT

He'd certainly got us on top at Old Trafford till that Durkin shamefully invented a reason to disallow it when neither a soul in the crowd or even Roy Keane and the MU players claimed a foul. However one could say similar about Patrick Vierra but he was absolutely Captain Fantastic for Arsenal. Sorry Tyrone you are on a real loser with this one and in danger of making a fool of yourself. As I've said only top top players have ever lifted that Trophy wearing the captains armband.

I often wondered what the old git's with hush puppies, beige anoraks, flask and rug used to find to dislike and boo Sherwood for. Now I'm finding out. No doubt you hated the likes of Carsley, Wilcox, MGP, Neill, EHD, Sav etc too?

I agree, should have been a goal. It was ruled out for a non- existent foul by Shearer on Keane. Steve Bruce was a top, top player ? Not in my book matey. Carsley, Neill and Diouff I liked, they were my kind of player. Wilcox and MGP ? Not for me, nothing beating under the badge. Savage ? Plenty beating under the badge but a very limited player technically.

But I'm at least going to avoid posting in the silly threads and only post when there is actually something new and of substance brfc wise to comment on(Like todays Sherwood rumours)

Can't say I'm too happy about that..

Too right. I thought we'd seen the last of him for a while ;)

If it's silly rumour time then I saw Tim Sherwood today at the top of the Old Man of Conistion. He said he was there mulling over the offer and wanted to get a bit of blue sky vision for the future. Sadly the summit was all in cloud so he said he was none the wiser. Bumped into Shebby in the Coppermines valley too and he said the transition was somewhere around there and had I seen it.

Step 1: Ignore advice to get an experienced manager

Step 2: Appoint an experienced rookie manager

Step 3: Manager gets found to be tactically naive, and doesn't have the weight to ignore Board interventions.

Step 4: Sack manager at great cost

Step 5: REPEAT

You missed out Step 6 : Appoint Gary Bowyer caretaker manager.

Exactly, I really can't understand how people can be happy with Bowyer or Sherwood, 2 rookies, we've had enough bleedin rookies to last a life time, the owners haven't learned a thing, but neither have a good manjority of the fans on here!

It's ok saying that but we all know they won't bring in an experienced manager.

You say people opting for Bowyer or Sherwood haven't learnt? I say, on the contrary, they have.

What we haven't yet worked out is what we can do about it.

• Backroom

It's ok saying that but we all know they won't bring in an experienced manager.

You say people opting for Bowyer or Sherwood haven't learnt? I say, on the contrary, they have.

What we haven't yet worked out is what we can do about it.

Indeed. I wouldn't want Sherwood but as far as Bowyer is concerned it's simply a case of better the devil you know. God knows who these lunatics will appoint if Bowyer isn't given the gig - Sherwood's certainly not a step up from Gary in terms of experience and there's nothing to suggest he's an upgrade ability-wise either.

Guest Norbert

Maybe TP was binned as he was seen as 'past it'.

So is this all done and dusted, or are we still at the stage of panicing as the bookies slash the odds?

Hush puppies but I could have included polyveldts too!

Al surely you must have seen parties of blockheads?.... Shoes like dead pigs noses and all that. ^_^

Dury what a legend!

Class in a glass that lad.

Anyway, Tim Sherwood, watch those odds fluctuate today boys and girls!? Magic aint it. So fecking easy, you know it's so fecking easy etc

Fortunately Blackburn Rovers has nothing to do with India or Malaysia and their betting patterns.

• Backroom

I'd guess at there being nothing in it

Remember when Shearers odds dropped to odds on from nowhere one night? Speculation I'd say

Remember when Shearers odds dropped to odds on from nowhere one night? Speculation I'd say

So would I. All it takes is one fans forum member to say his dad's mate is a solicitor who has just said he's putting a contract together for Mr X so get money on it whilst you can...

Guest Norbert

Who the hell is Mr. X? One of Shebby's Malaysian mates I bet. Just what we need another unknown novice........................

;)

Before today Tom, and the talentless west ham supporting clown known as "moose" 's tweet, Bowyer would have been massive odds on. In the space of 3-4 hours he went out to 4-1. Worth a fiver wasn't it? Now, what if you knew? I mean really, really knew? Wack a ton on? A grand perhaps? A mortgage? Maybe 8 million?

You just have to find the right market don't you? I mean I doubt SkyBet, or laddies would take that bet.

Then again I just like to moan, Sherwood will be gaffer tomorrow and all this silly speculative nonsense will have been for nowt. I mean its not like Bowyer has just signed three players is it? And if he has?! Well, doesn't really matter does it. Quids in either way.

Before today Tom, and the talentless west ham supporting clown known as "moose" 's tweet, Bowyer would have been massive odds on. In the space of 3-4 hours he went out to 4-1. Worth a fiver wasn't it? Now, what if you knew? I mean really, really knew? Wack a ton on? A grand perhaps? A mortgage? Maybe 8 million?

You just have to find the right market don't you? I mean I doubt SkyBet, or laddies would take that bet.

Then again I just like to moan, Sherwood will be gaffer tomorrow and all this silly speculative nonsense will have been for nowt. I mean its not like Bowyer has just signed three players is it? And if he has?! Well, doesn't really matter does it. Quids in either way.

I think that this betting game has been played with every managerial farce at Rovers this season. It's just to easy a way to make money for the already wealthy. You wouldn't mind slipping a million or so into the club every few months to pay off a useless manager when you can spread bet and make millions for your back pockets :)

My problem is I wasn't born with blue and white eyes. I try and be objective about our players and I watch both teams. As I said he was the sort of player that was capable of murdering the opposition once Rovers got on top, he'd never get you on top though. Funny how he never did anything with any of the other clubs he played for.

He certainly polarised opinion amongst the lads I went to games with at the the time. Some thought he could do no wrong, I thought he was often sloppy in possession and was a frustrating player, not unlike MGP in that respect. Sherwood was not as good a midfielder as Batty for me, certainly not in terms of ball retention.

As for the rumours, anything that eminates from Talksh1te and in particular that cretin Ian Abrahams must be treated with a pinch of salt.

Archived