BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood set to become Rovers manager

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce was around the same time as Adams, Mark Wright, Pallister etc so was never going to get an England game ahead of those three.

Ditto Sherwood with Ince, Gascoigne, Platt etc.

I was a big Sherwood fan but I don't think he was overlooked at that level, there just better players ahead of him.

Sherwood had superb vision and awareness and knew where a teammate was without appearing to look. He closed down the opposition well and ran our midfield and he switched play from one side to the other even better than Tugay. His biggest weakness which prevented him rising to the next level was the one thing that cannot be improved.... his notable lack of pace. He had no top gear.

Oh come on you know, we all know who has a love interest in Timmy and Spurs, don't have to be a mathematician or rocket scientist. I can show you on an etch-a-sketch you know, where's Robbbieee, this has Shebbys dabs all over it, although I would take Sherwood as DOF in all fairness.

This situation is similar to when Appleton got the job.

Everyone at the club denied it, Andy Cryer and the LT denied it, even Glen Mullan who we know has contacts at the club said no chance as well.

Can't remember whether Alan Nixon was in the Appleton loop or not but the longer this drags on the more chance Sherwood could be the next manager because if GB is getting the job why delay the announcement ?

Why not let Shebby deal with it if he has a boner for Shirley?

What do thes epeople have against experienced managers?

Anybody with experience would expect a free hand to deal with all aspects of the club, clearly that is not on the table.

Ditto Sherwood with Ince, Gascoigne, Platt etc.

I was a big Sherwood fan but I don't think he was overlooked at that level, there just better players ahead of him.

Many fans didn't realise just how good Sherwood was until he left, an integral part of Rovers success throughout his time here.

Very good player indeed.

If they are bypassing Shebby and Co again then someone else is advising them. Another agent?

Not sure what relevance Sherwood's playing ability at Rovers and elsewhere has to do with Sherwood as a manager. It's been proven that there is no correlation between playing ability and managerial competence and success.

Many fans didn't realise just how good Sherwood was until he left, an integral part of Rovers success throughout his time here.

Very good player indeed.

Did we ever get to the bottom of his treachery when he appeared to introduce a him and us divide in the squad?

Did we ever get to the bottom of his treachery when he appeared to introduce a him and us divide in the squad?

Not sure we did, left a bad taste in the mouth at the time, under Hodgson wasn't it? who had clearly lost the dressing room.

Alan Nixon is saying that the Sherwood deal is being done above Shebby head. so the owners look like they are dealing with this personally..

could this be why Bowyer permanent manager announcement has be delay to see if they can get Sherwood in as manager.

Alan Nixon is saying that the Sherwood deal is being done above Shebby head. so the owners look like they are dealing with this personally..

could this be why Bowyer permanent manager announcement has be delay to see if they can get Sherwood in as manager.

If Sherwood gets it I will not accept that it isn't down to Shebby.

Clearly Sherwood is his pick.

Hmmmm! Not a bad thought though. ...........I have never been keen on the idea of using a D.O.F. approach to football management, but in the present circumstances that Rovers find themselves in, I think going that way with Tim Sherwood in the role, with his past experience and connections to Rovers and reputation in the game, we could just be onto a winner. At the very least it will keep Shebby away from getting his paws on that job, and that can only be a massive bonus!

Sorry Fife, Shebby will be over them both!

Not sure we did, left a bad taste in the mouth at the time, under Hodgson wasn't it? who had clearly lost the dressing room.

Sherwood led the revolt against the afternoon training sessions.

Clearly we've been spoiled by the Walkers when people start saying they won't attend because of who the manager is.

I think its more a case of not attending because of the constant bad decision making of the owners.

The day they start making sensible and rational decisions then people might think about returning to the ground.

I think this is a good idea. keeps Shebby in his place and Tim Sherwood has always been well-motivated to Rovers(it was Hodgson who rubbed the team up the wrong way. Depends on two things -Bowyer's reaction to a DoF,and Venkys cash to invest in the team over next 3 years.

Still want Venkys to go...but don't we all!

Very good player indeed.

I think that's often the case with central midfielders. A lot of what they do can go unnoticed.

Clearly we've been spoiled by the Walkers when people start saying they won't attend because of who the manager is.

Yeah all right then. You'd continue to watch Rovers would you if for the next 20 years we gave each member of Venkys and Jerome Anderson's family a crack at managing the club? There's nothing spoilt about refusing to pay money based on the choice of manager if the choice of manager is directly related to the incompetence, corruption, destruction, lies and chaos that surround the running of the club.

Even better 2nd time round Chaddy :lol:

According to Albert Einstein insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Venky's fit the definition perfectly.

You make the assumption they are not happy with the results, were as I now think they maybe happy with them hence the repitition.

Spurs are going to want a few quid in compensation to let Sherwood go, why the heck don’t the idiots in Pune put that money towards paying a proven manager with experience?

Oh yes I know why, they’re thick as 2 short planks that’s why.

:angry2::angry2:

Last time we were quoted arounf the 2 million mark for him. It's funny how AVB the man Jose trained doesn't appear to want him on his staff or involved. The next mourinho my ass.

Tim Sherwood this, Tim Sherwood that, was all Shebby talked about in one meeting I've had with him. He's convinced he's the next Mourinho and ticks all the boxes we supposedly need.

This has come from nowhere else but Shebby the owners maybe discussing it but Shebby will have set the ball rolling.

I think that's often the case with central midfielders. A lot of what they do can go unnoticed.

ALA MGP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes very true LeChuck, although I'd take Batty out of that category, he was a shadow of his former self after the injury, sideways and back, sideways and back…….

Anyone who doesn't think Shebby has his dirty mitts all over this one, has been living in a cave. The guy has a raging hard-on for our Tim and is a self-confessed Tottingham fan. As Maji already said, if Sherwood's half as good as Shebby thinks he is, then why hasn't he been promoted to the first team since 2008? Not like that has anything to do with it. So long as you can spell your own name you're in with a shout of the Rovers job. We finally find someone capable of getting results, but instead of giving him the job or hiring a proven replacement, Venky's go for another fish out of water. Such is life as long as the Punatics continue to run the asylum. Time for me to check out.

Archived