BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tim Sherwood set to become Rovers manager

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

I don't know what Sherwood's exact role and influence at Spurs is, but the suggestion that he comes in as as D of F figure could be interesting if it means Shebby and Shagnew are sidelined from interfering with the club. I doubt Shebby will resist sticking his oar in, and since Tim is probably his choice to be brought in, so no doubt Shagnew and their 'bosses' will be brifing against him whenever they can.

Clearly we've been spoiled by the Walkers when people start saying they won't attend because of who the manager is.

People won't attend because of the complete disintegration of Rovers under Venkys, Shaw, Agnew, Singh and Kean.

People won't attend because of the lies, deceit and BS.

People won't attend because of the repetitive mistakes?

People won't attend because nobody apart from the fans seem to give a toss.

People won't attend because the performances were absolutely dire week after week, and always the same cliche excuses, we'll work hard, we are pulling together, we know what we have to do yada! yada! yada!

I don't know what Sherwood's exact role and influence at Spurs is, but the suggestion that he comes in as as D of F figure could be interesting if it means Shebby and Shagnew are sidelined from interfering with the club. I doubt Shebby will resist sticking his oar in, and since Tim is probably his choice to be brought in, so no doubt Shagnew and their 'bosses' will be brifing against him whenever they can.

Is anybody capable of muzzling Shabby, he is very much a loose cannon with a massive ego.

Like you say Shagnew will almost certainly make it their life's work to undermine him at every turn.

May be the case that the whispers around White Heart Lane are more to do with Sherwood Exit, than Shebby appointing him as Rovers Manger.

You may have something here, possibly Sherwood's agent stirring it to provoke some interest at Ewood, Brighton etc.

Can't see this being anything other than the usual rubbish from Nixon. Expect a "Maradona back in frame" story tomorrow.

Sherwood seems bright and articulate and appears well regarded in many quarters as a coach but would obviously be yet another massive gamble. Surely if it was ever going to happen it would have happened first time round before Berg was appointed.

Besides, BRAG will be besides themselves with fury once again. They'll never allow it. :rolleyes:

I know odds don't mean much but GB is favorite again and Shewood's odds are drifting.

we seen this with Sherwood odds last time, plus Taylor odds last time did the same.

Benitez's odds 3 days ago were 4/1 now 33/1.

still think Bowyer will be next Permanent manager. don't see what Shebby's obsess is with Sherwood. why does he think Sherwood is the next Mourinho??? Plus why didn't Spurs appoint him manager last season and instead went for AVB.

Think Sherwood is the Reserve team manager at Spurs and has a excellent working relationship with Levy. plus cant see Levy doing us a favour. he is the toughest Football chairman in the UK football world and will show Mrs D/Shebby/Balaji how to run a football club

Funny how this is another Nixon scoop in the Mirror just as Shebby is about to pitch up at Ewood again.

Remember the Judan Ali / Kevin MacDonald rumours in the same rag before Appleton's appointment?

It's my firm belief that the 'story' such as it is, has been planted by our good old Operations Director in another childish PR swipe to discredit his nemesis.

Don't take your eyes off the ball chaps, the main enemy is a hell of a lot more sneaky than a Malaysian pundit with a bad case of verbal diareaoh.

Funny how this is another Nixon scoop in the Mirror just as Shebby is about to pitch up at Ewood again.

Remember the Judan Ali / Kevin MacDonald rumours in the same rag before Appleton's appointment?

It's my firm belief that the 'story' such as it is, has been planted by our good old Operations Director in another childish PR swipe to discredit his nemesis.

Don't take your eyes off the ball chaps, the main enemy is a hell of a lot more sneaky than a Malaysian pundit with a bad case of verbal diareaoh.

A lot of people will disagree with you.

I don't.

If I were a C List reporter who knew for fact something was going to happen (Like Bowyer becoming manager), I'd plant stories like these, watch Bowyer's odds filter out, and slap thousands on it. Fair play to him if that's what he's doing.

He certainly polarised opinion amongst the lads I went to games with at the the time. Some thought he could do no wrong, I thought he was often sloppy in possession and was a frustrating player, not unlike MGP in that respect. Sherwood was not as good a midfielder as Batty for me, certainly not in terms of ball retention.

As for the rumours, anything that eminates from Talksh1te and in particular that cretin Ian Abrahams must be treated with a pinch of salt.

Not just me then ? Batty was twice the player Sherwood was. Flitcroft was better and if you're talking playmakers give me Berkovic before Sherwood any day.

Bowyer odds are odd-on with all three bookmakers who have the next permanent manager market,

whlist Sherwood odds have drifted to 5/2 to 9/4.

plus Sherwood odds for the Brighton have come in from 14/1 to 4/1 second favour

here are the Next Blackburn Rovers manager odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/blackburn/manager-on-1st-day-of-season

Brighton next manager odds

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/brighton/next-permanent-manager

Wasn't really a Nixon 'scoop' though, was it? Seeing as it was posted on Twitter by Ian Abrahams before Nicko got a hold of it.

I don't see why the Shagnew cabal need to make a fool out of Shebby. He does a good enough job all by himself, and we already know he loves Sherwood.

Wasn't really a Nixon 'scoop' though, was it? Seeing as it was posted on Twitter by Ian Abrahams before Nicko got a hold of it.

I don't see why the Shagnew cabal need to make a fool out of Shebby. He does a good enough job all by himself, and we already know he loves Sherwood.

Was in the Sunday People first was it not?

Was in the Sunday People first was it not?

Was it? I stand corrected, if so.

Do you disagree with the remainder of my post?

I find in most cases the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Shebby is surely hoping he can bag Sherwood at the second attempt. Whether it's the done deal some are suggesting, is another matter.

was Nicko story in this weekend Sunday People and he had the story last September that Shebby wanted Sherwood.

about the only thing Shebby has been consisted on.

Shebby think he is the English Mourinho for some reason. I have no idea why he does tho.

big question will Venkys pay Spurs what Levy for Sherwood and his coaching staff(Ramsey and Ferdinand) to come here and a transfer budget???

personally cant see this happening

Bowyer should have been confirmed last Friday, along with the new season ticket details. For some reason this wasn't done (surprise, surprise delay at the Pune end of things). Club are hoping to get both these things confirmed today. However, with the owners having the final say on things, you never know who else is they are listening to so a bizarre decision is always possible until things are officially confirmed,

any news Kamy on either subject???

Agreed, they don't need to but as I said in the original post, the Judan Ali rumour was 'placed' out there at a good time. Some might say in order to make the Appleton appointment seem like a masterstroke.

I can't see there being anything in the Sherwood rumour. Singh has been out of the country for 7 weeks for a start. Now what name could be floated out there to point the fingers at Shebby and who has a cosy arrangement with a certain 'chubby red top guesser'?

Guest Norbert

What odds that Bowyer will not be formally announced as manager the day before the season starts or something like that?

And is Tim Sherwood part of the SEM gang?

Agreed, they don't need to but as I said in the original post, the Judan Ali rumour was 'placed' out there at a good time. Some might say in order to make the Appleton appointment seem like a masterstroke.

I can't see there being anything in the Sherwood rumour. Singh has been out of the country for 7 weeks for a start. Now what name could be floated out there to point the fingers at Shebby and who has a cosy arrangement with a certain 'chubby red top guesser'?

Let's be honest, Nicko could come out with any crackpot name and it wouldn't beyond the realms of Shebby's stupidity. The man is that deluded when it comes to football management. He thinks he can appease the fans with ex-players (Sherwood, McKinlay, Berg..), in spite of their credentials (or lack thereof) to manage a Championship side. Also, is it me, or were the fans quite divided on Sherwood last time around? Wasn't that why BRAG ruffled a few feathers when they put Sherwood & McKinlay in the same bracket? Like I said, I reckon they could do a lot worse if they really wanted to hang Shebby out to dry. I won't rule your scenario out, however. This is the situation we find ourselves in under Venky's expert care. The in-house fighting will carry on unabated until some unseen force steps in.

Archived