BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Legends Match - Live Broadcast

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the event.

Feed was a nightmare, basically it was the BRFC wifi (which they told us from the start was dodgy), and the Google Technology we used to stream, that let us down.

For future reference, with a better wifi connection + a few alterations BRFCs live streams is something which could be coming in the future.

I've also recorded lots on a camera, and will be editing that and releasing it in the future. I'm busy at the moment, but over the weekend ill begin putting together the first feature. It includes behind the scenes at Rovers, the legends team talk, the supporters team talks and interviews with numerous people.

Really enjoyed the evening. It was the Tugay show. If you didn't go you missed a really brilliant nostalgic night. Brilliant. We could do with Gally back for next season.

Sorry the live footage was pants, it was an interesting experiment and we've learnt a lot for next time, but far from a resounding success.

The good news is Kamy, Josh and Anna got some great interviews in much better quality than the stream what we'll start to put up as Josh edits them.

.... and a have to say a massive Thank You to Glen, Mark & Co, along with the FPA. It's fair to say we've not always seen eye to eye but tonight was a massive effort that was executed brilliantly, so well done.

Yes bboy, it was. Presumably Dickov had his hands full at Donny Rovers.

Unusual and a bit sad to see a 28 year old turning out for a legends match. I think he's out of contract with Leicester after being on loan at Sheff United. Hope he finds a club. I wouldn't want him here from a football perspective but filling the squad with players who love the squad might be a good idea if Venkys leave and the worst comes to the worst.

Stuart, he's got two years left at Leicester so it was even odder to see him play lol. On that note however he has been told he can leave on a free this summer, he'd love to be back at Elwood playing.

Well we learnt a lot last night RE live streaming, we now know what works and what doesn't. Essentially the technology is there and we just need to tweak a little. Certainly will be doing a lot more live streaming in the future, it is something that can work.

• Backroom

Paul Gallagher was saying how much he would love to be back here next season. He said Burnley want him but that's absolutely last resort!

Stuart, he's got two years left at Leicester so it was even odder to see him play lol. On that note however he has been told he can leave on a free this summer, he'd love to be back at Elwood playing.

He joined Leicester in 2009. That means he got a 6 (six) year contract?? Wow.

It's definitely right Stuart, he told me himself lol. Maybe he had an extension after a couple of years.

Good way to earn a living!

He looked good last night. Well worth a try on a free.

If he didn't look good last night he'd need sending to the glue factory!!

Pay-as-you-play, if at all.

Good way to earn a living!

If he didn't look good last night he'd need sending to the glue factory!!

Pay-as-you-play, if at all.

If he's not better than most of the current squad I'll plait sawdust. He was close to getting in the team when we were a Premiership club. Why the negativity? Has he seduced your daughter?

If he's not better than most of the current squad I'll plait sawdust. He was close to getting in the team when we were a Premiership club. Why the negativity? Has he seduced your daughter?

There's usually a reason why players get loaned out to League One clubs.

The fact that we tried to move him on for 4 years suggests he got found out.

I've said on another thread that if we are heading down we could do worse that low wage, home grown players - hell they may help us survive as a club - but I don't see him as the solution.

Last night was absolutely no match to judge any player either.

Pay-as-you-play or a very low basic with performance related bonuses (relative to our means). Final offer.

Didn't see the game last night though not sure it would have given much of an insight to this - what position does he play these days?

I know things are a bit 'fluid' but is there a Gally-shaped hole in the squad, or is there likely to be?

There's usually a reason why players get loaned out to League One clubs.

The fact that we tried to move him on for 4 years suggests he got found out.

We moved him on when we were in the ten best teams in the country. Perhaps not a premier league player, but he is a quality championship player.

We moved him on when we were in the ten best teams in the country. Perhaps not a premier league player, but he is a quality championship player.

Leicester don't seem to agree.

Josh has put the first part of several from last night up on our YouTube page. There are no interviews in the part, but it is the short montage of behind the scenes clips (including Dunny looking for some boots).

Also a cheeky Grant Hanley photobombing an interview with Colin Hendry.

Archived