BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Backroom

Well he was meant to be better than Phil Jones when they were both coming through and Jones is out for 2 months so it's not that out there, Tom

Funnily enough that particular one could have a tiny bit of truth to it but I'm embellishing as so many seem to do online

Can't wait for the nonsense to be over

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why should we care that Bolton stay up?

Two reasons I can think of:

1. Travel- It's an easy away game for Rovers supporters to attend, which means an away game with more Rovers cheering on the squad, thus improving chances for an away victory. Or do you prefer traveling to the south?

2. Regional Pride- Depending on who one talks to, the NW dominated/dominates English football. Bolton going down (again) would erode that reputation.

But I confess I don't understand the inter-club rivalries as do you locals. So far as I can see, your DNA is the exact same, as are your culture and traditions. You should be natural allies (this includes Burnley, btw) but instead you rip on each other (which I understand, being the eldest of 7 siblings) and wish each other ill (which I don't).

Time for me to make up random stories about moves that won't happen then it seems everyone else is doing it

Manchester United are looking at Hanley but it won't happen - prove me wrong I dare you people

theres lickle rumours they are/where sniffing around Henley along with a couple of other big clubs.

Are you sure about that Burnley DNA?

No.

But considering the drive between Burnley and Blackburn is about 17 minutes, per Google, and understanding that young men and young women do what they do (as love/attraction cares not about politics, religion, intra-regional rivalries, or whether one is a Montague or a Capulet), I think the odds are heavily in favor of it being the same. :)

No.

But considering the drive between Burnley and Blackburn is about 17 minutes, per Google, and understanding that young men and young women do what they do (as love/attraction cares not about politics, religion, intra-regional rivalries, or whether one is a Montague or a Capulet), I think the odds are heavily in favor of it being the same. :)

I think you'll find that when it comes to, well, lets just say the natural urges, Burnley folk generally stick much closer to home.

Time for me to make up random stories about moves that won't happen then it seems everyone else is doing it

Manchester United are looking at Hanley but it won't happen - prove me wrong I dare you people

Tom, are you saying that Mark is making up stories?

don't you and Mark know each other from Fans Forum?

• Backroom

Tom, are you saying that Mark is making up stories?

don't you and Mark know each other from Fans Forum?

No I'm simply saying I don't believe anything I read on twitter its almost always regurgitated several times and more often than not wide of the mark

I know mark in passing, nice lad.

:P Mine was on sky sports so must be true! :D

Jones is injured again? poor lad, he should have known about the leaving rovers for big money to "better yourself" curse!

Steve Kean or Sir Alex?

Tricky choice injured or not, I know where I'd rather be.

So the transfer window has slammed shut and time to assess our dealings.

Personally, I think we've had an outstanding window. Quality young players brought who will only get better and will have decent sell on potential. That is exactly what this club is about. Buy young players, develop them and sell them on for a fat profit.

We've got rid of the older players who are quite frankly past it. Many people will say that we've not spent much but, in fact, we have. Unfortunately, a lot of the budget went on paying players off.

Possibly most crucially of all, we kept Rhodes!

Can't imagine that is true.

There were some bizarre sounding rumours from a Spanish correspondent for Talksport 24 months or so ago that Real Madrid were tracking Henley before he broke into our team which I flagged up on here.

EDIT: Personally, I hope we don't sell Henley. Kane isn't even our player and if Chelsea won't sell or he's too expensive we'd be back to square one or worse still BO depending upon when his contract ends.

Archived