• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, like those at Cardiff and Hull.

Give it a bleedin rest ffs

And Norwich

And Southampton

And Villa

all those squads have either been based on a squad from league 1 than got promoted twice (Norwich and Southampton) or got in lower league players.

I like what is happening so far. If ( big if) Bowyer is behind the three recent signings it shows an understanding and knowledge of the level we are operating at now. Apparently Millwall fans are gutted at losing Taylor and Judge has come on tons. If we are after Jennings that would be another example of Bowyer's ability to identify players who have played below Premiership level who would fit in with us in our current position. They are also of a certain age with a bit to prove.

I also like that we seem to be getting our work done early, which was a bit of a mantra for Sir Alex Ferguson. ( no I'm not comparing Bowyer to S.A.F.)

To be fair Cardiff are not the most stable of clubs either. Lots of fan discontent at daft gimmicks and general upheaval.

it`s laughable to try and be derisory about those 2 players, each had top notch careers at the highest level, just unfortunate they joined rovers after injury had ravaged their ability to perform at the top anymore.

It's laughable how much you've missed the point. Even pre-Venkys, aging injury ravaged veteran free agents was our lot. This idea that we've dropped from a big hitter is laughable. We've not signed a decent player in 5/6 years, Venkys or otherwise. Apart from Rhodes.

Guest Norbert

What have Kevin Phillips, Ian Wright, Rickie Lambert, Dion Dublin, Lee Dixon, Chris Smalling, Steven Nzonzi, Gerd Muller, John Aldridge, Henrik Larsson, Luca Toni, Ian Rush and Kevin Keegan ever achieved? What a bunch of lower league dossers who have all failed to make the mark at a top level.

The policy of signing tested Championship players, and lower league players is a sensible one, if they're any good of course. I'd rather get some decent players with a work ethic and desire than clapped out tosspots like Murphy. To say that signing lower league players ensures lower league football is frankly wrong. Signing crap players in the lower leagues does this.

I like what is happening so far. If ( big if) Bowyer is behind the three recent signings it shows an understanding and knowledge of the level we are operating at now. Apparently Millwall fans are gutted at losing Taylor and Judge has come on tons. If we are after Jennings that would be another example of Bowyer's ability to identify players who have played below Premiership level who would fit in with us in our current position. They are also of a certain age with a bit to prove.

I also like that we seem to be getting our work done early, which was a bit of a mantra for Sir Alex Ferguson. ( no I'm not comparing Bowyer to S.A.F.)

To be fair Cardiff are not the most stable of clubs either. Lots of fan discontent at daft gimmicks and general upheaval.

Aye they've had some issues with the fans but behind the scenes, it's strong. Dick Bate being a prime example, he's considered one of the best coaches in the country and a very strong youth developer. They needed a staff member they go after the best, we nip down the pub.

We need players with both quality and industry

get lower league players get lower league football FFS .

How do you explain Norwich and Soton going from league 1 to the Prem and staying there with alot of the same players? or Hulls promotion this year? Or Blackpool building a team from League 1 and getting to the Prem? Players are important, but so is an excellent manager.

JESUS ..YOU LIKE WHAT HAS HAPPENED SO FAR? 8TH IN PREM TO LAUGHING STOCK ,AYE ITS CHUFFING AWSOME.

How do you explain Norwich and Soton going from league 1 to the Prem and staying there with alot of the same players? or Hulls promotion this year? Or Blackpool building a team from League 1 and getting to the Prem? Players are important, but so is an excellent manager.

So we havent replaced our players with inferior ones have we, the clubs promoted are a tad better run than us.

"8th" :wacko: in the prem what have you been smoking,..............SO WE WERNT 8TH WHEN VENKYS TOOK OVER ????

We get what your saying though(you say it often enough!!!!!!!!!!!) ....OH

just ignore me like you said you would or are to thick to?

Premier league cast offs = premier league football? Think us and wolves proved that theory wrong last season.

Established premier league players at the peak of their careers would be ideal but (a) we can't afford them and (B) they wouldn't drop down a division.

We have to remain realistic here.

Would you have Zaha or Tom Ince at the club ?

Kenny and Souness both identified players for playing in this league rather than necessarily high profile signings. It is about getting the right mix - can GB do this ? Who knows but at the moment I won't question the approach until we see the squad that starts next season.

Blimey Charlie :lol:

so i presume your not thick? does this then mean you fancy me?

Would you have Zaha or Tom Ince at the club ?

Kenny and Souness both identified players for playing in this league rather than necessarily high profile signings. It is about getting the right mix - can GB do this ? Who knows but at the moment I won't question the approach until we see the squad that starts next season.

they are both in our division?

Guest Norbert

Both Ince and Zaha were in our division, but would never have come. Even if we could bid £7m+ for them, they'd never move to another club in this division. Some people have trouble realising that, and think we should build a team on fantasies that the top players in our division, or good Premier league players are available and very affordable. We have to scour the lower leagues and Bosmans because we have no money. The trick is to find the good players, and ignore the crap.

Ideally we want to be reducing the wage bill by removing players who are either:

1) past it (Murphy, Pedersen, Etuhu?, I dare say Gomes)

2) don't want to be here (Olsson, Robinson?, Givet)

3) haven't impressed enough in loan spells (Kazim, Bentley, DJ, Rekik)

4) never had it (Olsson mk ii)

And replacing them with younger, hungrier players to have a squad role. With the remaining bulk on wages saved, we should look to bring in established, quality either lower premier league players (under the age of 30), or hungry successful lower league players.

The linked players so far are absolutely fine, as long as they are to replace these players above mentioned. We don't have one good quality winger in the entire club, King etc don't have a delivery in them. A return to a basic 4-4-2 would see a less attacking formation, but at least a formation which allowed us to build on what we do have (Kean, Hanley, Williamson (who was a league 1 player but has really performed) and Rhodes.

In an ideal world we would be bringing in another striker, at least 3 wingers, Dave Jones + another CM, Todd Kane back on loan, a centre half (I know Edwards etc are rated highly, but we need someone in who is already proven if we are to challenge for promotion), and a left back to cover Henley.

If we shifted all the prior mentioned I'm sure we would probably make those signings. The problem is, who is going to want our rubbish?

I quite like the transfer policy so far. Forget about big names from the premier league, we need established lower league players who will graft.

They are not exciting names but they'll be far more effective than our current crop of overpaid losers.

+1000. I agree with this

Look at Cardiff and Hull squad. not the greatest squad, but good championship players who work hard for the team and are committed.

Players in the Cardiff squad like Cowie, Conway, Gunnarsson, Helguson, Hudson and Turner aren't big names but know the Championship and how to win games. They do have 2 very good players in Bellamy and Whittingham.

Rovers star player is Rhodes and we must play a formation and a style to get the best of our this striker. but other players have to preform next season and must be committed to Rovers.

kazim richards not likely to return? for me, that is a dissappointment.

Thank god for that. Didn't want him to stay. hasn't performed good enough for the club. 5 goals in 31 games is simply not good enough.

Ideally we want to be reducing the wage bill by removing players who are either:

1) past it (Murphy, Pedersen, Etuhu?, I dare say Gomes)

2) don't want to be here (Olsson, Robinson?, Givet)

3) haven't impressed enough in loan spells (Kazim, Bentley, DJ, Rekik)

4) never had it (Olsson mk ii)

And replacing them with younger, hungrier players to have a squad role. With the remaining bulk on wages saved, we should look to bring in established, quality either lower premier league players (under the age of 30), or hungry successful lower league players.

The linked players so far are absolutely fine, as long as they are to replace these players above mentioned. We don't have one good quality winger in the entire club, King etc don't have a delivery in them. A return to a basic 4-4-2 would see a less attacking formation, but at least a formation which allowed us to build on what we do have (Kean, Hanley, Williamson (who was a league 1 player but has really performed) and Rhodes.

In an ideal world we would be bringing in another striker, at least 3 wingers, Dave Jones + another CM, Todd Kane back on loan, a centre half (I know Edwards etc are rated highly, but we need someone in who is already proven if we are to challenge for promotion), and a left back to cover Henley.

If we shifted all the prior mentioned I'm sure we would probably make those signings. The problem is, who is going to want our rubbish?

+1000.

Bowyer seems to want to sign younger, hungrier players and get rid of players who don't want to be here or need rid off due to high(stupid) wages.

Bowyer has already put in place to sign Taylor, Judge and Eastwood as soon as the contract end at the end of June.

Plus this week LT has said Bowyer said that he has offered Evatt a 2 years contract and is good championship CB. Plus has experience been in a promotion squad with Blackpool. Plus it has said this week that Bowyer wants to sign David Jones permanent, Matt Smith from Oldham on a free and Dale Jennings from Bayern. I guess that Bowyer would be defo interest in bring Kane back to Rovers if Chelsea are going to allow him out on loan.

Archived