BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Guest Norbert

Matt Smith is rubbish. Seen him against Coventry, all he did was foul defenders, and could have easily been sent off.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Smith is rubbish. Seen him against Coventry, all he did was foul defenders, and could have easily been sent off.

I saw him against Everton and Liverpool last season and was impress with him.

maybe bring him in for trial and he does well sign him up. if not dont sign him up

if he's rubbish what does that make Best, kazim, Goodwillie, and DJ..............at least the fella is tall that's something as those 4 don't have a something between the lot of them.

Our squad is so utterly dire I can't for the life of me see how decent league 1 players don't improve us immeasurably.

Guest Norbert

He played pretty well against Evertyon, but like I say, he was no better than Best and co. and was constantly kicking and elbowing the Coventry defenders. In fact the whole team had the 'spirit of Dickov' about them, and constantly fouled, niggled and were lucky to finish with 11 men. 14 goals in 75 or so appearances is not a very good record either.

so i presume your not thick? does this then mean you fancy me?

they are both in our division?

You've got some front, you follow Chaddy and Newton around like a lovesick teenager.

I thought you were 'done' by the way? That being the case why not clear off with your juvenile rantings so that the grown ups on here can have a discussion?

There must be a big question mark over Leon Best as his performances so far have been dire when you think of the money he cost and the wages he must be on.

Isn't that a bit harsh considering his injury? Best has scored goals at this level (and in the Premiership}. I think there is reason for optimism with a full pre season under his belt.

Guest Norbert

I certainly hope that will be the case Chris_h. I know nothing of this Dale Jennings other than he leapt from Tranmere to Bayern Munich. At first I was slightly confused and thought we were after Steve Jennings, the inconsistent, occaisionally lightweight Coventry defender.

If I was a wolves player I'd rather play in league 1 than come here

I know our owners our dogsh 1t but try telling your average Wolves fan that we are worse off than them and you'll more than likely get short shrift. If we can consolidate in the Championship then we can start the long haul back, that luxury isn't available to Wolves.

The sensible appointment of Bowyer, the sensible contract he's been awarded and some astute work in the transfer market are , perhaps, the first tiniest glimpses of green shoots of recovery. That being the case, if the dolts in charge can appoint an experienced football administrator, then that might just signify a pinprick of light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel.

The sooner folk accept that we wont be back in the top flight any time soon, the less rabid it will be on here.

There will be no pinpricks of light for Wolves for while I'd say.

I know our owners our dogsh 1t but try telling your average Wolves fan that we are worse off than them and you'll more than likely get short shrift. If we can consolidate in the Championship then we can start the long haul back, that luxury isn't available to Wolves.

The sensible appointment of Bowyer, the sensible contract he's been awarded and some astute work in the transfer market are , perhaps, the first tiniest glimpses of green shoots of recovery. That being the case, if the dolts in charge can appoint an experienced football administrator, then that might just signify a pinprick of light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel.

The sooner folk accept that we wont be back in the top flight any time soon, the less rabid it will be on here.

There will be no pinpricks of light for Wolves for while I'd say.

Yes mate, personally, I accepted that 2 years ago. When I knew that Mr Kean would still be in charge and would successfully relegate us.

I know wolves fans aren't very happy, but they made 1 crap appointment and their owners are then crap, clueless owners. They'll be straight back up next season once they get Owen Coyle.

Yes mate, personally, I accepted that 2 years ago. When I knew that Mr Kean would still be in charge and would successfully relegate us.

I know wolves fans aren't very happy, but they made 1 crap appointment and their owners are then crap, clueless owners. They'll be straight back up next season once they get Owen Coyle.

I didn't know they were in for Coyle. If they get him, I agree, they would probably come straight back up as long as the owner didn't bin him for drawing away to Scunthorpe.

I'd be surprised if Coyle went there before Wigan's managerial situation is sorted out. If Martinez goes I would reckon Coyle will be a shoe in for the Wigan job.

I would be surprise if Coyle would drop down to League 1 and work as Head Coach there under a director of Football. Would wait for the Wigan job or a championship job to come up next season.

From today's Sunday People is reporting that Rovers are looking to sell Skipper Scott Dann and left back Martin Olsson to help balance the books and avoid losing Jordan Rhodes. New Boss Gary Bowyer is under pressure to keep within financial fair play guidelines. Centre half Dann, who is on £30,000 a week, could go if offers come in. Rovers want an unrealistic £6 million, yet will settle for less. Swedish star Olsson is rated in the £4m class but could go for a slightly lower price in the summer transfer window.

Personally I think we need to keep Rhodes at all cost. He will score enough goals to get us up if we set the team up correctly to get the best out of him.

I wonder if the move for Evatt is as replacement for Dann. still need to bring in CB aswell possibly on loan from top 6 club in Premier league.

I not a fan of these new Football League Financial Fair Play rules. think owners who want to put their own money should be allow to but the got voted in so we have to deal with it.

here are the new Football League financial fair play rules http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

so I hope fans don't start moaning about selling players cos we have to meet this new Rules. The rules will hopefully makes players be more realistic about wages and clubs about transfer fees.

That why I happy we are looking for good free transfers like Taylor and Judge. Plus Evatt and hopefully Jones.

Only one crap appointment?

They sacked Mick McCarthey, and left Terry Conner in charge to relegate them. Solbakken was a poor appointment, and then Dean Saunders compounded what has now become a long list of poor decisions by that board.

This is the same board that rebuilt one of their stands two summers ago in a bid to begin consolidating their place in the premier

league. I would say that the wolves board is almost on a par with our owners in terms of poor decisions and the fans just like ours have every reason to complain.

Guest Norbert

Crainey, Evatt, Judge et al are all pretty decent at this level. I just hope with these financial fair play rules we don't have to sell too many of our better players to balance the books. Might be time to bite the bullet and pay off Murphy, Robinson, Pedersen etc. because I'm not sure they will be attracting many clubs.

Stephen Crainey from blackpool on his way to Ewood according to a donkey lashing friend of mine.

I know we have offer a 2 year contract to Evatt.

but Crainery is another player from Blackpool who is leaving after not agreeing a new contract there.

Think Blackpool will struggle next season. pretty losing their half of the team due to being out of contract.

• Moderation Lead

I would be surprise if Coyle would drop down to League 1 and work as Head Coach there under a director of Football. Would wait for the Wigan job or a championship job to come up next season.

From today's Sunday People is reporting that Rovers are looking to sell Skipper Scott Dann and left back Martin Olsson to help balance the books and avoid losing Jordan Rhodes. New Boss Gary Bowyer is under pressure to keep within financial fair play guidelines. Centre half Dann, who is on £30,000 a week, could go if offers come in. Rovers want an unrealistic £6 million, yet will settle for less. Swedish star Olsson is rated in the £4m class but could go for a slightly lower price in the summer transfer window.

Personally I think we need to keep Rhodes at all cost. He will score enough goals to get us up if we set the team up correctly to get the best out of him.

I wonder if the move for Evatt is as replacement for Dann. still need to bring in CB aswell possibly on loan from top 6 club in Premier league.

I not a fan of these new Football League Financial Fair Play rules. think owners who want to put their own money should be allow to but the got voted in so we have to deal with it.

here are the new Football League financial fair play rules http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

so I hope fans don't start moaning about selling players cos we have to meet this new Rules. The rules will hopefully makes players be more realistic about wages and clubs about transfer fees.

That why I happy we are looking for good free transfers like Taylor and Judge. Plus Evatt and hopefully Jones.

Scott Dann on 30k pw???

but Crainery is another player from Blackpool who is leaving after not agreeing a new contract there.

Think Blackpool will struggle next season. pretty losing their half of the team due to being out of contract.

Crainey for Olsson (Mk1) and Evatt for Dann - all could help balance the books without drastically impacting the team. If we can get Jones in - and get rid of Murphy - it will be all round a good piece of business.

Dann and Olsson will just be the beginning if balancing the books is the aim.

Our books are like a drunken three-legged donkey on roller skates, wearing a blindfold. With inner ear problems.

Do you actually "know" this, or have you just read it in some tabloid/internet article somewhere?

Think if we can shift Pedersen,murphy, etuhu, dann, olsson and Robinson and with all the loan players going back our wage structure will be manageable and we should be able to bring in better players for this league on lower wages.

Archived