BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I cant see a prem club risking 10mill+ on Rhodes, I'm expecting someone like Allardyce to make a 5mill offer just to unsettle the player and cause a summer long saga that ends with Rhodes being sold on the cheap in the final hours of the transfer window, leaving us no time to find a suitable replacement.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you actually "know" this, or have you just read it in some tabloid/internet article somewhere?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2330379/Paul-Inces-Blackpool-trouble-players-look-set-leave.html

Interestingly (or not) the DM article says that Evatt had been invited back to BPool to assess his fitness after being out for a year. In the LT article the next day it just said he's been invited back. No mention of the reason. Good work Shagnew!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2330379/Paul-Inces-Blackpool-trouble-players-look-set-leave.html

Interestingly (or not) the DM article says that Evatt had been invited back to BPool to assess his fitness after being out for a year. In the LT article the next day it just said he's been invited back. No mention of the reason. Good work Shagnew!

What has happened to their Premiership money? Something dodgy at Blackpool.

Do you actually "know" this, or have you just read it in some tabloid/internet article somewhere?

The Daily Mail reported this. Plus Glen Mullan tweeted it on Friday Dinner time.

both were posted on this forum on Friday aswell

I really can't see how we can realistically keep Rhodes. If a Premiership club offers £10m then they get him imo.

why sell a player who will guarantee you goals and get you a chance to get promotion. 10 mil versus the money you get for being in the Premier League and promotion. this year teams will get a guarantee 120 million pounds.

Think if we can shift Pedersen, murphy, etuhu, dann, olsson and Robinson and with all the loan players going back our wage structure will be manageable and we should be able to bring in better players for this league on lower wages.

would get rid of Pedersen, Murphy, Formica, Rosado, Robinson if we can get rid of them and selling Dann and Olsson.

I think we have already seen the type of players we are going for with Judge and Taylor who are more suited to this league then Murphy, Rosado and Formica.

So Paul Ince is working wonders there as well!

nothing he can do with Blackpool wage structure and the players there not being on long term contracts.

that's what the Blackpool chairman is like.

The Daily Mail reported this. Plus Glen Mullan tweeted it on Friday Dinner time.

both were posted on this forum on Friday aswell

why sell a player who will guarantee you goals and get you a chance to get promotion. 10 mil versus the money you get for being in the Premier League and promotion. this year teams will get a guarantee 120 million pounds.

would get rid of Pedersen, Murphy, Formica, Rosado, Robinson if we can get rid of them and selling Dann and Olsson.

I think we have already seen the type of players we are going for with Judge and Taylor who are more suited to this league then Murphy, Rosado and Formica.

nothing he can do with Blackpool wage structure and the players there not being on long term contracts.

that's what the Blackpool chairman is like.

So you personally don't "know" it for certain then(was my point), call me pedantic :P

and

yes, that's Inces problem!

The targets certainly indicate a more prudent approach, they won't lead to promotion but these FFP rules are preventing any other approach. Some of these names may be useful squad members. What Venkys have done wrong is getting us into this mess in the first place, they've tried to risk getting us back up but it's the fact we were so stable in the Premier League that makes me sad.

A squad like this would be expected:

Kean

Henley Hanley Givet Crainey

Judge Williamson Jones

Rochina Rhodes Jennings

Westwood

Orr/Kane Evatt ?(Maybe an academy player) Morris

Lowe Etuhu/Murphy(We won't be able to offload both of them) ?

King Goodwillie Taylor

That would mean we could sell Dann and Martin Olsson, as well as people like Pedersen, Rosado and Formica if anyone wants them, which I doubt. Gomes and Dunn i expect to still be knocking around as impact subs, but i don't think that both if any of Murphy and Etuhu will go so we may aswell use them.

The top team has in my opinion enough support from Judge and the 2 supporting strikers to help Rhodes. We lack strength in depth, including Morris and Lowe who aren't good enough.

Not for me. Pace is his only real asset, he lacks proper ability. A slighty better Marcus Olsson imo.

Well, there's a reason why he's plying his trade in the SPL. He's out of contract and would be an upgrade on Marcus for similar wages.

Only one crap appointment?

They sacked Mick McCarthey, and left Terry Conner in charge to relegate them. Solbakken was a poor appointment, and then Dean Saunders compounded what has now become a long list of poor decisions by that board.

This is the same board that rebuilt one of their stands two summers ago in a bid to begin consolidating their place in the premier

league. I would say that the wolves board is almost on a par with our owners in terms of poor decisions and the fans just like ours have every reason to complain.

Rubbish, nowhere near as bad. Saunders wasn't a bad appointment, it just didn't work out, there is a difference for me. Secondly they sacked McCarthy because they were bottom of the EPL. It's what teams do. They thought they had Curbishley on the bag, but he did a u-turn.

photo.jpg

Decent, but nobody on the right mind would come here. If they have ambition they wouldn't anyway.

Well, there's a reason why he's plying his trade in the SPL. He's out of contract and would be an upgrade on Marcus for similar wages.

There's good players in the SPL. Would love Mackay-Steven and Russell from Dundee United. That's not me naming all the good players there but if we want to look in Scotland for players we can do a lot better imo.

Imo, he would be a slight upgrade on Marcus Olsson, and therefore completely not worth it.

His decision making is poor and he can't cross that well either. I'm fed up of wingers that can't cross.

I'd also like to say that the excuse of "you can't use players like rochina And Formica in the championship" that people have been pouting for the last frigging 12 months is rubbish. Watford put proof to that. They use the likes of vydra to great effect and with a proper manager we can do so with our more grifter players.

I hope Bowyer brings Rochina back and gives him a bit of extra coaching, maybe play him further forward, he's our ace in the pack

in this league, even if only used for the last 30 mins, he can be the difference between us and many of the mediocre teams, the fella

certainly has some talent.

• Backroom

I hope Bowyer brings Rochina back and gives him a bit of extra coaching, maybe play him further forward, he's our ace in the pack

in this league, even if only used for the last 30 mins, he can be the difference between us and many of the mediocre teams, the fella

Well I doubt we'd get much for him so his unpredictability is worth more to us than a small fee

I think Bowyer will play Rochina in his team.

He does like flair players but also like hard working players.

Rochina isn't going to play in some away games when we go 4-5-1 to them but will play more games at home when we should be the attacking side.

think he will play number 10 role and wide right of 3 man front line with Rhodes and King

would get rid of Formica tho.

Archived