BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Media Watch -> Blackburn's Kazim-Richards charged over alleged homophobic gesture | Football | guardian.co.uk

Isn't this what he;s alleged to have done?

rocknrolla-o.gif

Admittedly if that is true, he's been pathetic. But a court case brought over it? Seems a little heavy-handed to me.

It seems he is still our player at the moment, does his loan end at the end of this month?

Isn't this what he;s alleged to have done?

rocknrolla-o.gif

Admittedly if that is true, he's been pathetic. But a court case brought over it? Seems a little heavy-handed to me.

It seems he is still our player at the moment, does his loan end at the end of this month?

If that's what he did he can easily get around that being a homophobic gesture.

Propositioning a woman in the crowd probably still get charged but who can prove he aimed it at the men.

Its common sense really and doesn't need proving, though even if in a fantasy world it was aimed at a women, how is that any better!

The guys an horrid idiot and representative of a large portion of footballers from his generation(spoilt, arrogant, classless, childish, massively deluded opinion of his own football ability, could go on.........)

Even so it must be difficult resisting insults being hurled from a crowd.

Not only that but a bit of humerous banter is good. The Ewood Park crowd used to have great craic with Bobby Gould in years past and I rem Gazza reacting with humour when 'who ate all the pies' was chanted at him, and Mel Sterland tapping his arse pocket when Sheff Wed were a rich club and we were down in the dumps financially. All part and parcel of the game imo.

Even so it must be difficult resisting insults being hurled from a crowd.

Not only that but a bit of humerous banter is good. The Ewood Park crowd used to have great craic with Bobby Gould in years past and I rem Gazza reacting with humour when 'who ate all the pies' was chanted at him, and Mel Sterland tapping his arse pocket when Sheff Wed were a rich club and we were down in the dumps financially. All part and parcel of the game imo.

yea homophobic gestures in front of a crowd full of kids, etc.... that's 'humorous banter'!, the muppets a 3rd rate Diouf,

he could have reacted to the stick he was getting in many ways, yet his 1st thought was a homophobic gesture, says it all really.

But he isn't, so....

Shouldn't matter either way. It's either offensive or it's not. Sexuality of the offender is immaterial.

Same goes for us of the so-called 'n' word.

Shouldn't matter either way. It's either offensive or it's not. Sexuality of the offender is immaterial.

Same goes for us of the so-called 'n' word.

Personally I think its more a case of it being vulgar and extremely inappropriate to make any kind of sexual gesture in-front of crowds full of families,

as for the 'n' word that's a different issue, though a white guy using the n word and a straight guy making homophobic gestures/slurs generally only happens with the intention of causing offence or be-littling a person in some way.

Personally I think its more a case of it being vulgar and extremely inappropriate to make any kind of sexual gesture in-front of crowds full of families,

as for the 'n' word that's a different issue, though a white guy using the n word and a straight guy making homophobic gestures/slurs generally only happens with the intention of causing offence or be-littling a person in some way.

Irrelevant. There is no justification for it by anyone.

This is where the problems start, TJ.

Something is either a homophobic or racial slur, or it's not. An intention to cause offence is irrelevant.

If it was a crime to offend or belittle, calling someone a ginger, bald or fat kean should be treated in exactly the same way.

Irrelevant. There is no justification for it by anyone.

This is where the problems start, TJ.

Something is either a homophobic or racial slur, or it's not. An intention to cause offence is irrelevant.

If it was a crime to offend or belittle, calling someone a ginger, bald or fat kean should be treated in exactly the same way.

I'm no legal expert but I'm pretty sure that if somebody makes an inappropriate sexual gesture towards you, then you have the right to take legal action, his only defence is that the gesture wasn't aimed at any particular individual.

forget all this legal bs though, If he made a disgusting inappropriate homophobic gesture in front of a crowd full of young kids/families=he is a scumbag end of.(if you think this is acceptable, then I think I know what your real issue is :rock: )

Archived