BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Taste of Things to Come

Jack shot us to stardom... and after his death his legacy allowed us to be a well run club whilst maintaining a comfortable place in the PL, which we did well.

Just because Venky's have come along and destroyed the work that has gone into the club for 20 years (in just 2) does not mean we should accept it as a case of "oh well, that's where we were 20-odd yrs ago". What's happened is a disgrace and we are only back in the lower regions of the 2nd tier due to their negligence, stubborness and ineptitude. I can not see anything changing whilst they are here and at best we will be in this league for years to come.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack shot us to stardom... and after his death his legacy allowed us to be a well run club whilst maintaining a comfortable place in the PL, which we did well.

Just because Venky's have come along and destroyed the work that has gone into the club for 20 years (in just 2) does not mean we should accept it as a case of "oh well, that's where we were 20-odd yrs ago". What's happened is a disgrace and we are only back in the lower regions of the 2nd tier due to their negligence, stubborness and ineptitude. I can not see anything changing whilst they are here and at best we will be in this league for years to come.

Exactly .... now repeat it to Stuart in words of one syllable.

Defeatism and pessimism is typical of a small-town mentality. He needs to get out more.

Defeatism and pessimism is typical of a small-town mentality. He needs to get out more.

:lol: You accuse me of a small town mentality! What a brass neck you've got. You would fit right in with Shagnew. Get your CV in. :lol:

Once again you evade every point made and instead clutch at tenuous part-posts which you perceive to back you up, and chuck insults around.

Messageboards really aren't for you, Jim.

Never understand this idea that they are asset stripping to make some money - they are just incompetent in running a football club and have cost us two of the best players to come out of the academy for a number of years (Hoilett and Jones) and then wasted the money. I cannot believe they will make any money out of Rovers - unlike a number of agents and ex-managers

Hoillet tried jumping ship at every time his contract was up. He used relegation as an excuse. Jones was always going to one of the big clubs. Venky's are guilty of most things that have happened to this great club but I feel you can't blame them fot those two going. They have wasted the money though.

But as you say yourself Ben we are back where we were 20-odd years ago and are likely to be in this league for years to come. Indeed, look at the Rovers history between 1936 and 1992 and you will see that the Second Division has been our natural home for the majority of that time. However, there have been examples in recent years - Cardiff and Hull are good examples - to show that with sensible management and the right work ethic it is possible to regain top flight status without spending a fortune. Whilst Gary will provide the work ethic and sensible management of playing resources, the owners, Shebby, Shaw and Agnew are likely to undermine his best efforts.

But as you say yourself Ben we are back where we were 20-odd years ago and are likely to be in this league for years to come. Indeed, look at the Rovers history between 1936 and 1992 and you will see that the Second Division has been our natural home for the majority of that time. However, there have been examples in recent years - Cardiff and Hull are good examples - to show that with sensible management and the right work ethic it is possible to regain top flight status without spending a fortune. Whilst Gary will provide the work ethic and sensible management of playing resources, the owners, Shebby, Shaw and Agnew are likely to undermine his best efforts.

I am looking forwards to the excitement of competing for something we have a realistic chance of achieving ( getting promoted ). Not just being run of the mill, or whipping boys in the premiership

Promotion is a pipe dream , with Shaw , Agnew ,Singh and the crazy owners ....

Gary Bowyer is going to have his work cut out with present over promoted meddling idiots !

in my opinion, finishing in the top six of the championship is attainable. Finishing in the top six of the premiership, would be a pipe dream and inattainable

I am looking forwards to the excitement of competing for something we have a realistic chance of achieving ( getting promoted ). Not just being run of the mill, or whipping boys in the premiership

same here. enjoying championship more than PL

And Blackburn is.......?

Your stupidity knows no bounds does it? We had 10 years post Jack because we had a Premier League quality squad and were able to maintain it simply because we were one of the best payers in the Prem! How many times was our wages:income ratio quoted in the press? Apart from disciplinary points it was the only table that we were ever top of!

Our The better players came for money and for those years and through the talents of two exceptional managers we were always able to stay in front of teams of similar financial clout and more importantly some distance in front of newly promoted teams. Thats precisely why so few promoted teams managed to stay up more than a season.

Have you ever been in business Jim or have you only ever worked for a salary?

Yes they are Stuart. It's reasoned debate and alternative viewpoint that he can't do. Typical commie.

Hoillet tried jumping ship at every time his contract was up. He used relegation as an excuse. Jones was always going to one of the big clubs. Venky's are guilty of most things that have happened this great club but I feel you can't blame them fot those two going. They have wasted the money though.

Quite true. Since Fred Pick fooked off we've always lost our best players to bigger / better clubs. Jack stemmed the tide a little but even he could only replicate King Canute's efforts. The problem with those stupid Indian pillocks was who they replaced them with!!

Rage Rage against the dying of the light. No, we damned well shouldn't just accept it..

The reality is we were probably going to get relegated sooner rather than later with the Trust's disinvestment. However, I know in my heart that Venky's (plus Agent plus other hidden co-owners) actively took us down. I don't get the endgame, but that is what happened.

Given the foundations that were in place, I think new owners, who bought the club on the cheap, should have been able to maintain premiership status long enough to benefit from the huge rise in income in 2013. We wouldn't have had to build an infra structure like most promoted sides.

The anger expressed on this site is the direct consequence of a huge injustice with no ownership, apology and, more importantly, no clearly stated plan to rectify the damage..

Even after all this, it is still possible to put together a promotion team if we can build on the best of what we already have in place on the pitch. Off the pitch is an entirely different matter.

When anyone tries to tell me we are merely back to our natural 2nd division home, it feels like I am being told to abandon my critical faculty and merely accept what is a huge and ongoing injustice to our community.. All the more difficult, when most ( if not all!!) of the perpetrators are still here.

The current "management" team only adds insult to injury...,think bereaved relative at the hospital being met -not by the doctor- but by a ridiculous clown, squirting water!

.When someone asked Shebby a question on his first appearance on Radio Lancs, he spoke for 3 minutes. We played it back and wrote down everything he said. It was complete nonsense.There really was no meaning.

They're selling postcards of the hanging,

The circus is in town..

.Let us not turn on each other, but remember who the enemies really are...

But as you say yourself Ben we are back where we were 20-odd years ago and are likely hopefully to be in this league for years to come.

Corrected it for you. 'Likely' is a strange choice of word given our recent history.

Your glass is obviousyl three quarters full!

Rage Rage against the dying of the light. No, we damned well shouldn't just accept it..

The reality is we were probably going to get relegated sooner rather than later with the Trust's disinvestment. However, I know in my heart that Venky's (plus Agent plus other hidden co-owners) actively took us down. I don't get the endgame, but that is what happened.

Given the foundations that were in place, I think new owners, who bought the club on the cheap, should have been able to maintain premiership status long enough to benefit from the huge rise in income in 2013. We wouldn't have had to build an infra structure like most promoted sides.

The anger expressed on this site is the direct consequence of a huge injustice with no ownership, apology and, more importantly, no clearly stated plan to rectify the damage..

Even after all this, it is still possible to put together a promotion team if we can build on the best of what we already have in place on the pitch. Off the pitch is an entirely different matter.

When anyone tries to tell me we are merely back to our natural 2nd division home, it feels like I am being told to abandon my critical faculty and merely accept what is a huge and ongoing injustice to our community.. All the more difficult, when most ( if not all!!) of the perpetrators are still here.

The current "management" team only adds insult to injury...,think bereaved relative at the hospital being met -not by the doctor- but by a ridiculous clown, squirting water!

.When someone asked Shebby a question on his first appearance on Radio Lancs, he spoke for 3 minutes. We played it back and wrote down everything he said. It was complete nonsense.There really was no meaning.

They're selling postcards of the hanging,

The circus is in town..

.Let us not turn on each other, but remember who the enemies really are...

You are fast building a quality reputation on here Leonard. :tu: Sad to say that Mr Walker would have more than just one tear in his eye now wouldn't he? ;)

:lol: You accuse me of a small town mentality! What a brass neck you've got. You would fit right in with Shagnew. Get your CV in. :lol:

Once again you evade every point made and instead clutch at tenuous part-posts which you perceive to back you up, and chuck insults around.

Your "points" have been answered time and again.

You might be happy with life in a 2-up 2-down but I think Rovers can do better than that.

The lyrics from this lot sum up your small-town lack of ambition.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/smalltown-england-lyrics-new-model-army.html

Well said sir, except you just don't get it according to the "experts".

They say we're back where we belong because that is our station in the grand scheme of things, that there is an order in football that dictates we should not rise above our natural level, that we must not be ambitious and positive and try to better ourselves, and that regaining our former status among the elite is unattainable.

All nonsense of course but then the cognoscenti - the ones who also think that "Lancashire United" or "Lancashire County" is a good idea - know better.

Rovers may be a small town club but we have operated at the top level of English football for all but about 40 of our near 140 years of existence. We are from the area which brought football to the masses and is still one of the biggest hotbeds of football in the world. We are right to expect better.

Can I just clarify, McClarky. "the area... is still one of the biggest hotbeds of football in the world". This is Blackburn 2013 you are talking about, isn't it?

From my point of view, we now share our dream the same dream as the likes of Blackpool and Burnley both of whom finished above us this season. We really have no 'right' to expect top flight football.

I guess there's only one way to find out who's right, and, trust me, I really hope it's you and Jim.

North West of England I'm talking about. Name a bigger hotbed.

Hang on. There is no "North West of England" team, as keeps being rammed down my throat time and time again.

Let's keep this about Blackburn, since consideration of anything wider is both irrelevant to Rovers, and also outlawed by the likes of Jim.

Here is an intersting link for you though: http://www.myfootballfacts.com/FOOTBALL_LEAGUE_POSITIONS_CHRONOLOGICAL_1888-89_to_2009-10.html

By my count, post WWII and, importantly, pre-Jack Walker, we've spent 36 out of 46 years outside of the top flight (and 5 of those years in the third tier). If you want to bring pre-WWII into this, they clearly we should be challenging for Europe every season - which is clearly not out natural level.

So 18 out of 20 years at the top counts for nowt?

How can we use the Jack Walker years and their legacy to talk about Blackburn Rovers' natural level?

Do you think that was "natural"? It's okay if you do, you're not on your own. Personally, in my naive view, I see that as a result of a huge amount of money being pumped in.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm thankful every day for those 20 years that Jack gave us. It's a time that - for the reasons I'm talking about - we may never see again.

Archived