BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's - The Fall of Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good effort by all involved.We should really publisise this to the media and football supporters at large.

Even though the documentary is largely out- dated and doesnt really add anything to what we Rovers fans already know, I think it will shock and educate many who dont know the shambles in depth.

Laughing at Glen's : "John Newsham is the best in the business... he's at the top of the food chain!" :lol:

and Rishi's "Mrs Defoe... er Desai"

Both really lightened the mood.

Personally, more convinced than ever that there has been fraud and malfeasance at Rovers, never mind breaking the FA rule book.

As has frequently been alluded to, a bit of the smelly stuff has hit the Courts in the worst way possible with a ban on disclosure on but quite how a High Court Judge could protect what he apparently has done is completely beyond me.

Personally, more convinced than ever that there has been fraud and malfeasance at Rovers, never mind breaking the FA rule book.

As has frequently been alluded to, a bit of the smelly stuff has hit the Courts in the worst way possible with a ban on disclosure on but quite how a High Court Judge could protect what he apparently has done is completely beyond me.

Do you personally see any chink of light breaking through? Glen and Mark have been very quiet of late - I presume they are in contact with the FA regarding the status of their whitewash investigation...

• Backroom

The Shebby interview is classic :lol:

"Blackburn Rovers have reached rock bottom, the only way to go is up"

"I believe with my experience, my expertise, my knowledge, that I can help build a club, not just a team, but a club."

Jesus. What a clown.

Loved the circus music in the background at the start of Shabbys interview, other than that nothing that most on here didn't know already(though hopefully it will be viewed by others that are less informed and give them more of an understanding as to why things got so heated up during Keans Tenure in particular)

p.s. Good of Glen Mullan to give that interview on his wedding day :tu:;):)

Didn't really do it for me.

I was anticipating something new but I guess the video isn't aimed at us. I fear there will not be the mass outrage from other clubs' fans though (there should be as this could happen to anyone - we were just unlucky it was us) and the Venkys won't even be slightly ruffled.

I take back my concerns about timing too. The fact that it is so out of date will provide the excuses for it to be batted away.

Makes one wonder who held this up for so long - maybe to limit the potential damage. Feels a bit like when the government release 50 year old information once everyone involved is dead!

Well done Rishi, I thought you presented a lot of information that would not necessarily be apparent to people like me that are not ITK, e'g Glen's revelations about Kean/Anderson's commissions on binning players.

I also thought most in the film came across very well, except Shebby, inflated ego and self importance are clearly his fortes, footballing knowledge, man management and discretion are not.

Somebody who really surprised me was Nixon, I have often thought he was just a @#/?, but he seemed very impartial and very savvy, similarly Nick Harris was very au fait with Rovers shennanigans.

Cheers again Rishi.

Well done to all involved, still many unanswered questions which are kept alive by the documentary. Hopefully gets a wider audience than Rovers supporters and more people asking the FA about their business relationships and why they are doing their best to avoid a proper investigation

Must admit I'm stuck on who to believe regarding the goings on at the club during the Barnet Spiv's sleep over party Salgado or Anderson ? uhmm hard choice

Aggers does like his whispering campaigns doesn't he what a f****** snake.

Wonder if the scam with the conveyor belt of players is still continuing with the Shadow dwellers people still in place, certainly a high turnover within a short space of time even recently ,who did all the contract negotiating, also any money making opportunities for taking a boat load of sardines?

No wonder Kean was not happy with others bringing players into the club, no nice little earner for his team

Good documentary. We all knew that no smoking gun would be presented, but I still found it quite interesting. Really enjoyed the interview with Graham Jones, who dared mention the Dark Lord's involvement and criticize the Kean apologists (such as Moyes).

I think the soundtrack was a bit out of place (more somber music would be fitting), and some of the scenes (such as the one where they visited John Lewis' grave) could have been made a bit longer for added impact. Also, I think the documentary jumped straight into the action in too big an extent - it could have done with a more thorough introduction.

However, good effort, and I think this might, to some extent, open the eyes of persons who haven't paid that much attention to the goings on at Rovers and/or the ones who blamed the fans for our dire predicament.

Edit: The "Steve Kean hitlist" and Salgado's statements were news to me. Shocking stuff, if true

Good effort Rishi, I think the purpose of it is to highlight it to non-Rovers fans; Agnew, hitlist and the secret agent will be relatively unheard of by other supporters, I also really enjoyed it, whether that's sadistic or not I don't know.

Paticularly impressed with Graham Jones and his interview, nice to hear someone stick up for the fans, as for Shebby, well, you know, disappointed he didn't call Rishi "Robbie" and "expertise"?! The very definition of plonker pulling, eejit.

It does what it says on the tin... The idea of this documentary was to make the true happenings at the club wider public knowledge, and as long as people watch it, that's what it will do.

The LET and Sporting Intelligence have done their bit in the past, but the mainstream national media has always been full of people slating the fans actions since Venkys took over. Most people that I speak to that aren't from around here ask me why we let Steve Kean go, or why have the fans behaved as they have, they just simply don't know the full story.

This documentary will hopefully go some way to getting true events and our point of view out there, and that can only be a good thing.

Well done to all involved.

Great stuff Rishi, thanks for all the effort you put in, a well made presentation like this can only do good.

LOL at about 15 mins .....unfortunately the person they brought in [to sort out this mess] was Shebby Singh.

Good effort Rishi, well done for pulling it all together.

I think what it does expose is how poor the management structure has become at Rovers.

It also shows that Shebby will say whatever suits to try to justify whatever ludicrous course of action the owners do. How ironic him talking about 'stability' and the 'sacking culture' after a season where we had 5 different managers.

Archived