BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's - The Fall of Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When he said 'the fans don't like anything down there' as if we were being unreasonable, I nearly threw my remote at the TV.

What a complete bell-end he is.

I understood that to mean:

We didn't like Kean - True

We don't like Shaw and Agnew - True

We don't like Shabby - True

We don't like Orr, Murphy, or Myles Anderson - True

We don't like the 'owd hag and the chuckle brothers - True

We definitely don't like the Dingles

And I don't like onions - True

Aye I watch that as well, means me and mum can actually talk about something.

i also think they're comedy gold as how on earth think that represents reality baffles me!!!!!

Stuart, I'll do that if you become a mod?????

Going off topic here but on the day of Rovers Return fire a couple months ago, we had calls to our 999 control to report it and a couple days later we put out a press release via facebook/twitter to reassure the public that Coronation Street is in fact a work of fiction, but had it been a real fire in that area of manchester we'd have got there within 5 minutes!! The mind boggles!

Anyway, back to the Venkys :(

Going off topic here but on the day of Rovers Return fire a couple months ago, we had calls to our 999 control to report it and a couple days later we put out a press release via facebook/twitter to reassure the public that Coronation Street is in fact a work of fiction, but had it been a real fire in that area of manchester we'd have got there within 5 minutes!! The mind boggles!

Anyway, back to the Venkys :(

Are you pulling my plonker????

Sorry Stuart, whoops mods.

I thought the documentary hit the right notes.

It showed respected ex pros, current coaches, press and passionate fans share a message of concern. The concern being based on the wilful neglect of the club by the owners (or not owners) with predictions of more problems down the line compounded with no answers from the first bakers dozen mistakes - a year later all their concerns came to fruition - a point that needed to be driven more.

Also, it showed Shebby Singh as a clown. Everybody already knows this, but his advise to rovers started in 2011 (about the same time the plunge began) and since he arrived we have fallen further into chaos - yet he "deserves the benefit of the doubt"...

The fear is real with Shebby. He doesn't see the irony of what he says, and the press print and show him in all his glory - wether he is talking sense or answering questions as if he was a parody of himself. The second documentary should spell it out in glorious terms how much of a moron he is - analyse his answers with scrutiny. Sir Bill and Maureen where excellent from an honest fans point of view and the stuff about India and the none payment shows Venkys in the light that they deserve.

Mentioning the second documentary - I suggest a Kickstarter project. I will sort this if required as I need to research the independent release method.

Finally, Graeme Jones was excellent, I am proud to call him my councillor. The information he and Glen gave, really rocks the business if true - this aspect of the documentary needs to be seen by all.

what does that documentry tell us? that there IS NO smoking gun, no illegal acts, no conspiracy - just rank bad mistakes by the venkys, that can be rectified by hopefully better advice and therefore decision making in the future. there is nothing for the fa or anyone else to find, so why not do like me and just hope things get better.

I understood that to mean:

We didn't like Kean - True

We don't like Shaw and Agnew - True

We don't like Shabby - True

We don't like Orr, Murphy, or Myles Anderson - True

We don't like the 'owd hag and the chuckle brothers - True

We definitely don't like the Dingles

And I don't like onions - True

You must be very hard person to please !

Fancy not liking onions !

what does that documentry tell us? that there IS NO smoking gun, no illegal acts, no conspiracy - just rank bad mistakes by the venkys, that can be rectified by hopefully better advice and therefore decision making in the future. there is nothing for the fa or anyone else to find, so why not do like me and just hope things get better.

Your a boring todger tha knows

It may not have told you or other Rovers fans anything new. But there are still a lot of supporters from other clubs, who have no idea about the past few years at Rovers. Though this has been aided by various media outlets who were blaming Rovers fans for the situation. So it may not be educational for you, it is for others.

One concern I have, is that this video will just circulate amongst Rovers fans. When it needs to get out to a wider public, via Facebook / twitter or any other social media sites that it can be seen on.

Anyway, Venky's won't like it - so that is good enough for me.

I don't think the documentary told us that at all. Who else was aware that Salgado etc. were offered 80% pay up and Kean and Co. were set to to receive payments for this, who else knew Kean had a hitlist, additionally Graeme Jones gave a damning indictment of Venkys and the possible nefarious activities, did you know all this?

This documentary gave everybody an insight into the crap the club and the fans have put up with over the last two and a half years, this documentary showed how negligent and odious those in charge have been. It raised questions over ownership and third party involvement,

It certainly opened my eyes to a few aspects of this that I had previously been unaware of, true no smoking gun, but definitely a gunpowder trail.

I thought the documentary hit the right notes.

It showed respected ex pros, current coaches, press and passionate fans share a message of concern. The concern being based on the wilful neglect of the club by the owners (or not owners) with predictions of more problems down the line compounded with no answers from the first bakers dozen mistakes - a year later all their concerns came to fruition - a point that needed to be driven more.

Also, it showed Shebby Singh as a clown. Everybody already knows this, but his advise to rovers started in 2011 (about the same time the plunge began) and since he arrived we have fallen further into chaos - yet he "deserves the benefit of the doubt"...

The fear is real with Shebby. He doesn't see the irony of what he says, and the press print and show him in all his glory - wether he is talking sense or answering questions as if he was a parody of himself. The second documentary should spell it out in glorious terms how much of a moron he is - analyse his answers with scrutiny. Sir Bill and Maureen where excellent from an honest fans point of view and the stuff about India and the none payment shows Venkys in the light that they deserve.

Mentioning the second documentary - I suggest a Kickstarter project. I will sort this if required as I need to research the independent release method.

Finally, Graeme Jones was excellent, I am proud to call him my councillor. The information he and Glen gave, really rocks the business if true - this aspect of the documentary needs to be seen by all.

Good post. There is a key issue about analysing his answers. Previously, I have actually written down his answers and the content really was meaningless babble.

What is required is some carefully planned, focused questioning. This never happens on the radio. The presenter doesn't hone in or another caller is allowed to come in with something else and this lets him off the hook.

I do think this is an issue with our local media and it is not just with Shebby. After all that went on with the Berg court case, Derek Shaw got away with murder on Radio Lancs only this morning-the move on card again!

We know Agnew has an A'Level in avoidance.( In their defence, I think the LT did reveal that by publishing his recent "interview".)

Le's not forget that we are dealing with a non-trust scenario-a whole culture of denial,secrecy and subterfuge. We do require interviewing skills that are specifically designed to outmanoeuvre the denial and interrupt the carefully prepared "tape"/script.

Just watched a 7 minute + youtube clip of Karen Brady unveiling WHU's plans for the Olympic stadium. What a complete contrast to our fortunes. They passed us on the way down, retain BS, retain their place in the PL, and have a MD who is erudite and savvy. It should be required viewing for potential owners of any club. The plans look fantastic. What it illustrates best is the complete and utter incompetance and arrogance of our owners, through their employing of SS, and the goons on the board at Ewood, through to their occasional platitudes and reliance on others who are there purely to line their own pockets. What a bloody mess!

I think Rishi did a great job with this , at a lot of personal expense . He had no sponsorship or donations and trawled around the country for weeks trying to get interviews from as many people as possible .

It was tough when we spoke with Rishi as back then we had a lots of different pieces which were like a 10.000 jigsaw with no picture to copy . A little like the baked bean jigsaw if anyone has seen it ?

It was also difficult as at that time we didn't actually know what we was looking for , and didnt know what was relevant or irrelevant .

I would hope that a fund could be set up somewhere so Rishi could perhaps do a sequel as I really do think that would certainly benefit the cause and bigger picture in the coming months .

Exactly. By definition, all people had were glimpses .

It takes a helluva lot of work to get people to talk and to piece complex bits of information together, especially when there is a wall of silence, fear and compromise agreements. At the same time, there has been a huge disparity in resources between those covering up and those trying to shine a light in dark places.

Most of us still don't know the half of it. I was interested to see that all those months ago you were already talking of shadow directorship( and implied hidden ownership.)

I know it is still only a partial analysis,but we are a lot further on than we were. Keep it up.The truth will out.

Exactly. By definition, all people had were glimpses .

It takes a helluva lot of work to get people to talk and to piece complex bits of information together, especially when there is a wall of silence, fear and compromise agreements. At the same time, there has been a huge disparity in resources between those covering up and those trying to shine a light in dark places.

Most of us still don't know the half of it. I was interested to see that all those months ago you were already talking of shadow directorship( and implied hidden ownership.)

I know it is still only a partial analysis,but we are a lot further on than we were. Keep it up.The truth will out.

How are we further on than we were?

How are we further on than we were?

You probably know more of the goings on than most on here, there are plenty like me who were in the dark about the details, e.g Kean getting a slice of moving on Salgado etc. Kean having a hitlist, and whilst most suspected there was some 3rd party involvement I would guess that the majority had no real knowledge just suspicions, whilst these are only still suspicions they do have a stronger foundation after the this film's comments.

You probably know more of the goings on than most on here, there are plenty like me who were in the dark about the details, e.g Kean getting a slice of moving on Salgado etc. Kean having a hitlist, and whilst most suspected there was some 3rd party involvement I would guess that the majority had no real knowledge just suspicions, whilst these are only still suspicions they do have a stronger foundation after the this film's comments.

I understand what you're saying and it's good that the film has enlightened people. However what I was inferring is basically the goal was to remove them from our club and that seems as likely as me getting preggers. I applaud the efforts made by all and i really do but if the goal was too oust Venky's we have failed....

I understand what you're saying and it's good that the film has enlightened people. However what I was inferring is basically the goal was to remove them from our club and that seems as likely as me getting preggers. I applaud the efforts made by all and i really do but if the goal was too oust Venky's we have failed....

I think it would need my old Regiment and a Hereford Hoolie squad to oust those worms in the short term, sadly I think this will be a drawn out, painful affair, that I hope ends very badly for all the miscreants involved.

I have to agree. The only hint of corruption, and it is only a hint, were the arrival of coachloads of average Portuguese with dubious sell on contracts (allegedly). And even that felt a long way from Pune. Oyston paid himself 11 million when Blackpool went down. Swansea's directors recently took out 7 million. There is absolutely no evidence at all of money leaving the club in the way it has elsewhere. Incompetence doesn't deserve boycotts and 1960 Cup Final-like oaths of 'Never Again'. They have just made mistakes. A lot of them admittedly. But I think most people would if they ill-advisedly moved into Indian chicken farming with no fowl-like experience. Why did they do it? Vanity, naivety...just like a lot of owners then. Taken for a ride, probably. But that ride may still end up being a good one. We live in hope.

The only hint of corruption, and it is only a hint, were the arrival of coachloads of average Portuguese with dubious sell on contracts (allegedly).

Quite so.

Poor Myles. His dad being an agent has really held the lad back. He could get into any team outside the top 6, you know.

The fact he was signed by Kean was a testament to his bravery and no other reason. He wasn't quite brave enough to play him - on account of the rabid Rovers fans - but still. He was definitely here on merit.

Incompetence doesn't deserve boycotts and 1960 Cup Final-like oaths of 'Never Again'. They have just made mistakes. A lot of them admittedly. But I think most people would if they ill-advisedly moved into Indian chicken farming with no fowl-like experience. Why did they do it? Vanity, naivety...just like a lot of owners then. Taken for a ride, probably. But that ride may still end up being a good one. We live in hope.

*slowly backs away scanning for sharp objects*

I have to agree. The only hint of corruption, and it is only a hint, were the arrival of coachloads of average Portuguese with dubious sell on contracts (allegedly). And even that felt a long way from Pune. Oyston paid himself 11 million when Blackpool went down. Swansea's directors recently took out 7 million. There is absolutely no evidence at all of money leaving the club in the way it has elsewhere. Incompetence doesn't deserve boycotts and 1960 Cup Final-like oaths of 'Never Again'. They have just made mistakes. A lot of them admittedly. But I think most people would if they ill-advisedly moved into Indian chicken farming with no fowl-like experience. Why did they do it? Vanity, naivety...just like a lot of owners then. Taken for a ride, probably. But that ride may still end up being a good one. We live in hope.

I know I have only watched it once. But wasn't there something about "shadow directorship" of Anderson ( doesn't that mean hidden ownership by agents?)..something else about Anderson and Moyes' innocent victim,Kean, gaining from early ending Nelsen/Salgado contracts?

The film was made 12 months ago and we knew that there would be a time lag with resulting impact on the level of analysis.Surely, we didn't expect a smoking gun?

I am seeing the film as just one element in a build up of pressure. There is a huge disparity between the resources of the pigs in suits and what Rishi had at his disposal. I guess BRAG have had the same problem. Plenty has happened since. There can't be many, who see the defence offered in the Berg case, as mere incompetence?

Anyway, nailing my colours to the mast, I just don't buy the naivety defence-even if it is a good cover. Individuals have made a mint out of decisions that were never in the interest of Blackburn Rovers.

I also struggle with a pattern of club statements that are bare faced lies, as well as promises that are broken within weeks.( if the cap fits, wear it, Madame!!!) I struggle with the arrogant dismissal/disregard of loyal fans and the complete refusal to own up to the damage they have caused.

I think the few things I mentioned justify the decision of some people to walk away, even if I couldn't quite do it.

It didn't say there is or isn't.

Archived