BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance. It would take a massive bid from a PREMIER LEAGUE team, and even then, our chairman is brilliant and wouldn't sell to a division rival.

He's the most technically gifted player in this league. He's just greedy, stroppy and wants to be the star.

At the risk of sounding like a plank, (e.g. like you did with the Rhodes transfer), we won't sell him. Our new manager likes him and was starting him every game during his first stint, before Appleton loaned him out.

His Zaragoza side will probably go down as they have a tough fixture at home to third placed Atletico Madrid, as well as having to rely on other results.

If they stay up, I'd imagine he'd want to stay in Spain.

But our current manager rates him and wasn't the one who sent him out on loan.

I'd think he'd be up for staying, and if not, he would just go back to Spain rather than go to you.

Has the ability to be one of the stars of the championship if he improves dramatically on his discision making. As others have said Bowyer's a fan and i can't see him at huddersfield even if he's sold it would prob be to spain.

Adel Taarabt will be playing for QPR in the Championship again next season. Rochina is like him. Can be equally brilliant and frustrating. A good manager would have set up the team to incorporate him in a key role... a poor one would waste his ability. Unfortunately we havent all that many Rochina's to call on but we've had a shed load of sh1t managers.

• Backroom

I'd be very disappointed to see him go to a team like Huddersfield

He has obvious talent, what he lacks is any football brain at all but if someone can drill it into him he could be a star, I hope Bowyer has the patience and expertise to do that

I think that's a bit harsh tom. I think he has a brain but unfortunately he doesn't use it as often as he should.

The term 'football brain' is often applied to players who can pick out and execute good passes. I've said it before on this site but rochina played the Rovers pass of the season with his through ball for Rhodes 2nd goal away at Peterborough.

I really hope he returns to us.

I'd be very disappointed to see him go to a team like Huddersfield

He has obvious talent, what he lacks is any football brain at all but if someone can drill it into him he could be a star, I hope Bowyer has the patience and expertise to do that

Think many of us are thinking in a similar vein regarding Ruben Rochina.

can`t see him returning to rovers(or england full stop), and i for one couldnt give a shyt. not what`s needed in a battling championship at all. many compare him to jansen, but jansen(after souness drilled it into him) did the ugly stuff required when needed, rochina definatly wouldn`t.

Its suicidal if we get rid of him, like others have said he IS our best player technically. He just needs coaching the correct way. Did he not finish our 2nd top scorer last season and he only played half of that. Looking forward to seeing him back in Blue & White next season.

can`t see him returning to rovers(or england full stop), and i for one couldnt give a shyt. not what`s needed in a battling championship at all. many compare him to jansen, but jansen(after souness drilled it into him) did the ugly stuff required when needed, rochina definatly wouldn`t.

Dunny is knackered, he's retired in all but name and Rocina is our only other player with a creative spark. So who you going to play to turn defenders and provide the service that all strikers need? A good team requires both hod carriers and brickies. Last time we were in this Division we were promoted largely because we managed to utilise the genius of Eyal Berkovic, and I can't ever rem seeing him put a tackle in.

Its suicidal if we get rid of him, like others have said he IS our best player technically. He just needs coaching the correct way. Did he not finish our 2nd top scorer last season and he only played half of that. Looking forward to seeing him back in Blue & White next season.

It appears to me Rochina is incapable of learning and the best coach in the world would not make any difference to the way he plays. Rochina continues to hang on to the ball too long, attempts to dribble when he should pass and continually takes the wrong option - trademarks of young inexperienced player but not one who has played a fair bit at first-team level and who should be showing signs of maturity by now. He also "disappears" in some games when he might as as well not by on the pitch. Rochina still gives the impression of being a showpony and the fact Huddersfield are the only club showing an interest him shows he's not as good as some people seem to think..

It appears to me Rochina is incapable of learning and the best coach in the world would not make any difference to the way he plays.

He's not really had a teacher though has he? Kean and Berg and then Appleton (Son of Iley?) binned him off. imo he has the ability to be a real player for us, and certainly in this Division. Don't know if you noticed but last season a number of clubs saw him as our danger man and used one to tight mark him with another as back up. When that happens then someone else must be free. Things don't always come off in his position but it's worth it when they do. Creative players like him need to develop an understanding with their teammates and just as importantly vice versa, and that can take time.

He's easily good enough to be in our squad and I may have become paranoid over the past 2+ years but given the shady way he turned up from Barca and his untimely disappearence last season had me thinking that there may still be some murky financial shennanigins goings on lurking in the background concerning Dastardly and Muttley. :glare: If there were that would explain much.

It appears to me Rochina is incapable of learning and the best coach in the world would not make any difference to the way he plays. Rochina continues to hang on to the ball too long, attempts to dribble when he should pass and continually takes the wrong option - trademarks of young inexperienced player but not one who has played a fair bit at first-team level and who should be showing signs of maturity by now. He also "disappears" in some games when he might as as well not by on the pitch. Rochina still gives the impression of being a showpony and the fact Huddersfield are the only club showing an interest him shows he's not as good as some people seem to think..

spot on, a show pony indeed. However, I would be happy if we kept him and Bowyer gave him another chance as if he does improve he could be pretty devastating at this level. Big if though.

I think he's a good player at this level. 5 goals in 19 games last season and I doubt he actually started many of those 19. Thats not a bad return from a flair player who tends to operate between midfield and attack. Plus he's got that bit of something different, its important to have players who can give you 2 approaches to going forward. If Taylor's physicality isn't working, we can try Rochina's skill, and vice versa. With the type of players it looks like we'll be signing this summer, we need to hang onto what genuine quality we still have.

He's not really had a teacher though has he? Kean and Berg and then Appleton (Son of Iley?) binned him off. imo he has the ability to be a real player for us, and certainly in this Division. Don't know if you noticed but last season a number of clubs saw him as our danger man and used one to tight mark him with another as back up. When that happens then someone else must be free. Things don't always come off in his position but it's worth it when they do. Creative players like him need to develop an understanding with their teammates and just as importantly vice versa, and that can take time.

He's easily good enough to be in our squad and I may have become paranoid over the past 2+ years but given the shady way he turned up from Barca and his untimely disappearence last season had me thinking that there may still be some murky financial shennanigins goings on lurking in the background concerning Dastardly and Muttley. :glare: If there were that would explain much.

Not even at Barca?

Selling him would be madness. Yes he can be really frustrating sometimes, but how many games has he played in a row for this club? 4-5? I'm fairly certrain that he would improve massively if given more gametime. He came from the bench wanting to impress, so it's only natural he holds on to the ball and tries fancy dribbles when he gets it. You could say he played for himself last season I guess, but with more gametime he would probably become a better teamplayer. King is also like that, though younger. I think he too will become a good player for us if he doesn't get injured every second month.

Archived