BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

Modern day journo's of keany papers perhaps.

Bit like the old defence used by a succession of Red Top editors when asked why do they print such gross lies and sensationalist sh1t at the expense of proper news and expert opinion? 'Cos people want to read it'

Difficult to argue against isn't it? If people didn't read it the chip paper producers wouldn't enjoy the popularity and the massive circulation that they do would they?

Even the ' sensationalist sh 1t' has to have a grain of truth about it to make it publishable doesn't it? Rochina has provided that grain of truth by saying what he said. If he's backtracking now, fine, he's a young lad and we all make mistakes. If he's going to flap his gums in the press however, he'd better back it up with the goods on the pitch. He hasn't really done that so far.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the ' sensationalist sh 1t' has to have a grain of truth about it to make it publishable doesn't it? Rochina has provided that grain of truth by saying what he said. If he's backtracking now, fine, he's a young lad and we all make mistakes. If he's going to flap his gums in the press however, he'd better back it up with the goods on the pitch. He hasn't really done that so far.

As i recall team GB played him, before that "him" i dont wish to mention, i can't remember Berg playing him that much if at all and Appleton well he just wanted rid, so lets not get carried away with some comments in a Spanish paper that the LET wants to put it's spin on, he a talented lad we all want him to do well, wouldn't surprise me the LET spun this a bit to sell a few more papers, cos of the price hike they must be losing out so something like this is very useful i would think.

I think anyone in our squad would prefer to play top flight football, whether he needs to come out and say it is a matter of opinion. Agents are easily instructed to find new clubs etc so he can't have said it for those reasons.

If he did leave, I would wish his new club more luck than I would wish him anyway. They sure will need it.

I'd be sorry to see him go, even if we did pay three times his transfer fee to agents...

The lad has got a sublime first touch and caresses the ball, on the flip side he's greedy, doesn't know when to pass, and doesn't want to tackle or track back. Having said that maybe GB could work some magic on him if given the opportunity.

• Moderation Lead

That last sentence isn't strictly true is it now?

I'm sure he was here for all of Bergs tenure and all of Janurary

Perhaps I embellished a bit, but we created the square root of f**k all when he got binned off to Zaragoza. When the sneaking a 1-0 win streak ran out, we were guff.

To be fair he hardly said anything wrong so the blasting of him is way over the top

Compared to some of the stuff you read on twitter and in the comments sections in online papers I hardly think he's being blasted.

I take issue with your assertion 'he hardly said anything wrong'.

Gary Bowyer has spoken to Rochina and apparently made it clear he is a massive part of his plans for next Season.

The player's response is Luke warm to put it politely and his tweets to Zaragoza fans this evening basically confirm he's only coming back because he's contracted to do so.

As least Season proved we can't afford to carry people who can't be arsed, no matter how talented they are.

Knuckle down or clear off.

Compared to some of the stuff you read on twitter and in the comments sections in online papers I hardly think he's being blasted.

Gary Bowyer has spoken to Rochina and apparently made it clear he is a massive part of his plans for next Season.

The player's response is Luke warm to put it politely and his tweets to Zaragoza fans this evening basically confirm he's only coming back because he's contracted to do so.

As least Season proved we can't afford to carry people who can't be arsed, no matter how talented they are.

exactly. bowyer must be very disappointed with the players reaction to being told he`d intended him to be a important figure. comes down to attitude again, it has to be right, and it isn`t. the 2m(roughly) we`d get for him would buy a decent player at this level with the right attitude, probably on cheaper wages too.

Guest Norbert

I rarely agree with Saxoman, but if he has been all over twitter basically saying "meh, would rather be in Spain" after Bowyer has said he has a big role to play, then he can do one for the right price. Murphy rightfully gets caned for that sort of attitude, and we don't want such people in the dressing room. He'll end up like Taarabt-a fair amount of talent, but completely wrong attitude to make the most of what he has. Not that Taarabt has that much talent.

personally i think everyone is kicking up a massive fuss over nothing.... all the lad has said is that he wants to play at the highest level... so what?? so would i, most footballers would, would you not??

he was everyone's best mate on here until this article came out and because of a badly worded headline (in my opinion) everyone showing how fickle they really are

@#/? me!!!

Notice he now claims he was misinterpreted and misquoted. just like roque santa cruz was..?

Don`t misunderstand me, i`d love a ruben rochina, eager to do well for us and improve himself under bowyer, but it doesn`t appear he`s up for that.

You make it sound like that's the only issue with Rovers: that Bowyer might turn him into a good footballer.

We remain a car crash of a football club with no proper structure. Who would Rochina's representative talk to about whether or not he is still part of the club's plans? I.e. Can the club afford his wages? Are they actively trying to sell him to get him off the wage bill? Who do they get that assurance from? Shaw? How long will he be here? Singh? Is he even a club official?

Rochina has been quoted as wanting a move and he had diplomatically tried to set things straight. If the club want him, he will talk, if the club don't want him he needs to keep his options open.

There is no loyalty in football because the rewards and punishments are very, very obviously aligned to success and failure on the pitch. If Venkys had realised this and got shut of Kean sooner they might not be in this mess.

the only possible issue i have with the club now is if shebby singh returns to the club. derek shaw i personally have no problem with. he is qualified in the role he has got.

the boardroom situation is an irritation, and i`d like to see a more obvious structure, but primarily it`s on the field where we need to get it right.

Why do people take everything at so literally and at face value? Ever heard of 'not burning your bridges'? He's just keeping his options open. Imagine if he'd said to the Real Z fans 'I'm going back to BRFC cos I prefer to play for them before Zaragoza'... and then we tell him we don't want him!

The best thing clubs could do is include a clause in contracts to ban players using twitter and facebook etc cos some people are daft enough to believe everything they read to be gospel truth.

the only possible issue i have with the club now is if shebby singh returns to the club. derek shaw i personally have no problem with. he is qualified in the role he has got.

the boardroom situation is an irritation, and i`d like to see a more obvious structure, but primarily it`s on the field where we need to get it right

Derek Shaw + Henning Berg fiasco+2mill down drain = Someone who isn't very good at what they do, that's before we ask any North Enders. God knows what other cock ups he's presided over. He'd probably be gone if they could shut him without a big pay off so he IS a problem. Agree on Singh though, they should all be out.

That having been said, players hardly help themselves do they? As Rovers fans how many times have we seen our players use weasel words to disguise their true intentions to sod off elsewhere? Little wonder modern day journos pounce on the rare genuine nuggets contemporary players let slip.

Footballers brains are in their feet and journos know it.

Notice he now claims he was misinterpreted and misquoted. just like roque santa cruz was..?

Don`t misunderstand me, i`d love a ruben rochina, eager to do well for us and improve himself under bowyer, but it doesn`t appear he`s up for that.

I do misunderstand you cos your comment doesn't really ring true imo.

There is no loyalty in football because the rewards and punishments are very, very obviously aligned to success and failure on the pitch. If Venkys had realised this and got shut of Kean sooner never sacked Allardyce they might not be in this mess.

I think that is the truth of the matter. Getting rid of Kean didn't work did it?

As opposed to what, love of the town centre? Enjoying the weather? ALL football players turn up because their contract says they have to, and 99.999% of all footballers in the world would drop their current club for a better one on a heartbeat. Especially players that are playing for rubbish clubs in rubbish towns with rubbish weather in rubbish countries that they don't even come from.

If I was Rochina I'd be trying to get back to Spain any way I can.

Where you in the meeting or patched into the phone call how on earth do you know how he reacted when speaking to GB as for the rest hes a young Spaniard living in the uk shock horror he would rather play in his home country. Who's to say he won't pull his weight

As opposed to what, love of the town centre? Enjoying the weather? ALL football players turn up because their contract says they have to, and 99.999% of all footballers in the world would drop their current club for a better one on a heartbeat. Especially players that are playing for rubbish clubs in rubbish towns with rubbish weather in rubbish countries that they don't even come from.

If I was Rochina I'd be trying to get back to Spain any way I can.

All that's fair enough but it's his talking up a potential move to a top flight outfit be it La Liga or Premier League that riles me and I would imagine a few others.

He's done little or nothing to merit that and should wind his neck in.

Archived