BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we keep him. I have a funny feeling we will do much better next season. A bit like the last time we were down, the 2nd season we sorted things out and went up. Lets hope I am right but I will be having a sneaky £20 bet on us being promoted odds are currently 7/1

Not sure Souness ever did any molly coddling! He seemed more the type that would tell it to players straight whether they liked it or not. The players who respected him and were determined to improve thrived (Friedel, Tugay, Jansen, Duff etc), the players with a bit of an ego tended to fall out with him.

True! But he got the best out of players like Jansen.

Not sure Rochina needs mollycoddling , and perhaps it was a poor choice of words. What he needs is someone to tell him he's not as great as he thinks he is, and get Rochina to start thinking and passing the ball. It's amazing how much difference the mentality of a player can make.

According to today's LT GB wants to give Rochina another chance next season.

Music to my ears also just read a good shout in the comments on the LT article that just think if we had Tugay as a coach? Him working with Rochina, nurturing him, is a mouth watering prospect. Get Tugay back on the books as a coach

Music to my ears also just read a good shout in the comments on the LT article that just think if we had Tugay as a coach? Him working with Rochina, nurturing him, is a mouth watering prospect. Get Tugay back on the books as a coach

But we have no idea whether Tugay would be a good coach. What Tugay had you can't teach. Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger weren't great players but made excellent coaches. On the hand, you wouldn't want Gazza, Barnes, Shearer etc coaching him would you? There is no correlation between playing and coaching.

But we have no idea whether Tugay would be a good coach. What Tugay had you can't teach. Mourinho, Ferguson and Wenger weren't great players but made excellent coaches. On the hand, you wouldn't want Gazza, Barnes, Shearer etc coaching him would you? There is no correlation between playing and coaching.

absolutly spot on. a guy who played all his career in league 2 could potentially be a better coach than tugay. it would be entirely on sentiment and not ability as a coach.

• Backroom

absolutly spot on. a guy who played all his career in league 2 could potentially be a better coach than tugay. it would be entirely on sentiment and not ability as a coach.

Eg: Gary Bowyer

Bowyers comments in the LT today

“I had a conversation with Ruben and I have outlined my plans to him,” Bowyer said. “We will have to see what happens now but I have told him that he is a player I think has a lot of ability. He has a fantastic left foot.

“Of course there are areas of his game he can still improve, but he is still a young lad.”

Think we will see a much better player next season, cannot wait

“I had a conversation with Ruben and I have outlined my plans to him,” Bowyer said. “We will have to see what happens now but I have told him that he is a player I think has a lot of ability. He has a fantastic left foot.

“Of course there are areas of his game he can still improve, but he is still a young lad.”

absolutely bang on ..

Crikey, common sense coming out of Ewood.

This is good news.

Doesn't need tugay just needs himself to look up and think when to pass , 1-2 and when to have a shot.

Think people need to let him be, let him be greedy.. but like you say Abbey, its those moments when there is something on, and he just needs to lift his head, and give that pass. He is a very talented player, but he just tries a bit too hard to impress. We need that imdividual brilliance, but if its at the expense of a positive result at the end of 90 mins, then that indivual performance will be of no good.

Crikey, common sense coming out of Ewood.

This is good news.

Think Bowyer having worked with the youth, probably knows that they are players who still has many things to learn no matter how talented they are. I think Bowyer would have realised that Rochina has bags of ability, but isnt very smart at certain aspects of his game, mainly playing with his head down.

I reckon we've seen the last of Ruben, he will be engineering a move or loan to Spain as we speak......I would be very surprised to see him again in rovers shirt

He cant do that. Only outstanding players who have had a great season previously are the sort of players that can "engineer" a move away. Ruben has a point to prove plus Bowyer has told him his plans for him so I think you are wrong.

Archived