BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Rochina is getting criticised in some quarters for this interview although I don't really understand why. He's only being honest. EVERY single one of our players would be off in a shot to a top league if they had the option. I personally don't expect any team in the PL or the Liga BBVA to come in for him, so hopefully he can knuckle down here.

• Moderation Lead

It stands to reason he wants to play at the highest level, if anyone thinks every other player in the squad wouldn't rather be in the PL (whether that be with Rovers, or elsewhere, you're off your head)

His only crime is saying it publicly, he's not a Blackburn lad, so he owes us nothing.

Funny how our nosedive in form co-incided with him getting shipped out on loan......

It stands to reason he wants to play at the highest level, if anyone thinks every other player in the squad wouldn't rather be in the PL (whether that be with Rovers, or elsewhere, you're off your head)

His only crime is saying it publicly, he's not a Blackburn lad, so he owes us nothing.

Funny how our nosedive in form co-incided with him getting shipped out on loan......

I would say that may have more than just Ruben son!

The guy is a talent, but essentially still raw. Whether that is down to his own attitude or lack of understanding is anybody's guess. I still believe he is above the average talent in this league, and with a solid group behind him (taking defence out of his game) he could be useful.

I wouldn't miss him too much if he did leave again - however i see him being a lot better player in his late twenties!

It's not an option until we decide to sell him

The point is that Rochina seems to think better options than us will be available to him. I stand to be corrected but at this stage it seems that Huddersfield is that only other option. I suppose some might say that is a better option than remaining with Rovers but I don't think that would fit in with what seems to be his rather high opinion of himself.

Rochina is lavishly talented but then so was Carlos Villanueva. So far he has proved to be about as valuable a team member as the Chilean was.

• Backroom

That last sentence isn't strictly true is it now?

I'm sure he was here for all of Bergs tenure and all of Janurary

The point is that Rochina seems to think better options than us will be available to him. I stand to be corrected but at this stage it seems that Huddersfield is that only other option. I suppose some might say that is a better option than remaining with Rovers but I don't think that would fit in with what seems to be his rather high opinion of himself.

chris..... Could you give me the words for option / possibility / probability / choice / consideration in Spanish?

Who has over reacted? How were his comments 'honest' if he says he didn't say them and/or mean them?

You need to give an interview or write to the popular press (and media). They all put their own spin on to sensationalise a given story.

Who has over reacted? How were his comments 'honest' if he says he didn't say them and/or mean them?

If and when he's back in the famous blue and white halves and he plays to his obvious potential who cares what is put in the paper, after listening to Gary Bowyer on radio lancs i reckon he knows what he is doing and he has told RR that he has a big part to play next season, and to be honest i am really looking forward to it, so miss quoted or not, hes ours until team GB decide otherwise.

Was talking about the LET commenters more there than people on here. Give it time though, the article only went up 3 hours ago and if Ruben hadn't taken to Twitter to squash it, he'd have been getting all sorts of insults thrown at him by this time tomorrow.

He didn't say either, he said people have misunderstood him. Which as I say I would describe more as over-reacting than misunderstanding. Rovers fans know what he means, that if a better option came in he'd be off. But instead of viewing that as reasonable and entirely sensible, they choose to view it as a heinous insult to the club and a disgraceful comment to make. I'm all for passion and loyalty but on the terraces, I can't be doing with this attitude of getting worked up about every little thing the media prints.

Sorry, I don't get your point.

He's a spaniard giving an interview in a foreign tongue and you aren't allowing any latitude for the translation. All those words could have been used as there is only subtle difference in meaning even for naturalised English speakers and alsothey can all be interpreted slightly differently.

btw The fact that you don't understand my point gives a certain relevence to the issue.

If and when he's back in the famous blue and white halves and he plays to his obvious potential who cares what is put in the paper, after listening to Gary Bowyer on radio lancs i reckon he knows what he is doing and he has told RR that he has a big part to play next season, and to be honest i am really looking forward to it, so miss quoted or not, hes ours until team GB decide otherwise.

You are seriously underestimating modern day player power. If Rochina wants a move badly enough it will happen.

On the interview I don't see a problem, we loaned the player out after all which was a clear indication at the time that he wasn't in the future plans. A new person has come in and might think differently but the player will have it in his mind that there was a time he wasn't wanted. He will have to judge and assess whether or not there is any future there.

I'm not anti Rochina, he's an immense talent.

His comments may have been 'obvious and honest' but someone like Givet could say he would like to go to PSG and you would possibly say the same thing about him if he did. Point is, for me, Rochina has done nowhere near enough to talk up his possibilities joining a top flight club. He needs to utilise his talents and, if he does that, he's earned a move to a top club and good luck to him.

He may or may not have meant what he said but he has been directly quoted so if he's copping a backlash then he only has himself to blame. He's still a young lad and I suppose he'll learn to keep his trap shut or at least be more prudent about who he talks to and what he says.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10485409.Blackburn_Rovers_star_Rochina_open_to_top_level_switch/#commentsList

He's been on twitter claiming he was misquoted but this sort of attitude is typical of a modern player.

The guy has done nothing of note in his career, ( except two successive relegations), and has yet to convert raw skill into being a footballer.

Ruben needs to knuckle down at Rovers and prove he is a top flight player.

Gary Bowyer spoke with Rochina last week to stress that the Spaniard was a big part of his plans for the 2013/14 campaign.

For me it is an option, Rochina said, when asked whether he will spend next season with Rovers.

Aw thanks Ruben, good to know we are a "option".

On the wing is not where I am better, because you have to defend and that is not my strong point"

Neither is teamwork or knowing when to release the ball.

. He's still a young lad and I suppose he'll learn to keep his trap shut or at least be more prudent about who he talks to and what he says.

Isn't that a depressing aspect of modern footy though? I mean you're right, because there's a certain type of commonly found fan who will fly off the handle at any tiny, perceived slight a player might give in the media. But to me this type of fan is responsible for football losing 95% of its characters from the game and quite a lot of its connection to the common man. What would Garner for example have been quoted as saying during his playing career once he'd had a few down the pub and was chatting to a local journalist about not breaking into the old 1st division?

Nowadays its like you said. Don't talk to journalists about your future, and if you have to don't talk to them normally, construct a fake veneer of total loyalty. Personally I'd rather players be honest, saying they don't want to move makes absolutely no difference to whether they will.

Isn't that a depressing aspect of modern footy though? I mean you're right, because there's a certain type of commonly found fan who will fly off the handle at any tiny, perceived slight a player might give in the media. But to me this type of fan is responsible for football losing 95% of its characters from the game and quite a lot of its connection to the common man. What would Garner for example have been quoted as saying during his playing career once he'd had a few down the pub and was chatting to a local journalist about not breaking into the old 1st division?

Nowadays its like you said. Don't talk to journalists about your future, and if you have to don't talk to them normally, construct a fake veneer of total loyalty. Personally I'd rather players be honest, saying they don't want to move makes absolutely no difference to whether they will.

I disagree.

Rochina should have made no mention about playing in the top divisions.

I'm sure Jordan Rhodes would leave for a Premier League club if the opportunity arose but he didn't go touting himself in a media interview.

You have to consider the context. I can't ever recall Garner spouting that he wanted to play in the top flight, but had he done so after giving loyal service for many years no one would've complained.

Rochina has done nothing in yet picks up the kind of wages Garner could only have dreamt of.

He needs to change his attitude and show some respect and commitment.

Back in the days of Worthington, Bowles, Hudson, McKenzie et al there was no Internet and therefore no journos desperately trying to create the news in the face of competition from a multitude of websites.

That having been said, players hardly help themselves do they? As Rovers fans how many times have we seen our players use weasel words to disguise their true intentions to sod off elsewhere? Little wonder modern day journos pounce on the rare genuine nuggets contemporary players let slip.

Modern day journo's of keany papers perhaps.

Bit like the old defence used by a succession of Red Top editors when asked why do they print such gross lies and sensationalist sh1t at the expense of proper news and expert opinion? 'Cos people want to read it'

Difficult to argue against isn't it? If people didn't read it the chip paper producers wouldn't enjoy the popularity and the massive circulation that they do would they?

Archived