BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

Players reach their peak around their late 20s. There's plenty of time left for him to develop.

Which is why I referred to the end stage of his youthful development, not end of his development completely. I am not saying he will not develop at all, but that there is the possibility that he has reached the end of his steeper learning curve, (his youthful development, if you will) and is now on a shallower learning curve (his senior development) that may never see him develop the skills/abilities that people deem him to be missing.

I'd like to go on record to say that I am not a Rochina knocker. I think he has a lot of raw talent and I hope that he comes good for us. I recall seeing those 2 goals against United in the youth cup final (semi final?) and thinking we could have a star on our hands. I still hope that we have a star on our hands! If he kicks on in his development, you will not see a happier fan than me.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ruben-rochina-o.gif

th_DavidDunn.gif

I think I've just spotted why Ruben was dumped by Barca.

I can just imagine all those teammates shouting for him to pass and then thinking: "Typical the one time he does that our match is on TV. @#/?o."

In all seriousness it must have been one hell of a signing on fee to make someone think "actually, as a young footballer, I'm going to leave the biggest club in the world and the beach, and move to Blackburn".

I'm looking forward to having him back. He's extremely frustating to watch, but also has the ability to open up a game. Bowyer seemed to like him too and I hoped that he would be able to get more out of him. He's a very good option to have up front at this level to go with Rhodes and Best.

They're both very talented players, but only Dunn has yet proven he's a very good player at the top level.

I can't post clips of them on here but who remembers Dunn's performance away at Arsenal where he scored 2 and we drew 3-3, his winner at Stamford Bridge in 2003, pretty much every game against Burnley, his wonder goal away at Bolton a few seasons ago? And lets not forget that the season he turned 23 (as Rochina does this season), Dunn was phenomenal in a major domestic final alongside a 38 year old striker and up against a midfield of Poyet and Sherwood. And the season before that he scored 12 in the league (18 in total) to help us to promotion.

I think Rochina is a very talented player, a nice lad, and he's starting to get his head in order on the pitch. When he gets back I hope he takes the division by storm. But at present lets get things in the right order, Dunn is the master, Rochina is the apprentice. In 10 years we'll see if it reads differently.

• Backroom

To be fair I don't think we have a cleaner striker of the ball at the club nor have for a while (Cairney is similar though)

The goals Ruben scored against Fulham, Stoke and the mighty Pune FC were perfectly true hits

Saturdays game is exactly the kind of situation where I feel Rochina would be a really big asset. A lot of clubs still come here to sit deep with a healthy respect (God knows why as we are oft useless) and he is the kind of player that we need in those situations. The Huddersfield and now the Charlton game are good examples, we had a lot of the ball were faced with a team who were happy to sit back and hit on the counter and we didnt have much of an answer. RR can unlock these kind of teams at this ,level imo. Sorely missed on sat.

Think Dunny would have been even more useful, look v Barnsley and Bolton this season as proof that he can really help open up teams at Ewood, that goal v Bolton was top class.

That said, I would like Rochina back soon, we need them both back. Marshall certainly isn't up to it.

If DJ isn't fit for starting v Blackpool then I would go with a midfield of Lowe, Williamson, then Judge, Cairney and King behind Rhodes if Dunny also doesn't make it. Maybe Taylor before Judge.

Saturdays game is exactly the kind of situation where I feel Rochina would be a really big asset. A lot of clubs still come here to sit deep with a healthy respect (God knows why as we are oft useless) and he is the kind of player that we need in those situations. The Huddersfield and now the Charlton game are good examples, we had a lot of the ball were faced with a team who were happy to sit back and hit on the counter and we didnt have much of an answer. RR can unlock these kind of teams at this ,level imo. Sorely missed on sat.

Is it just me, or are some of players more highly regarded when they dont play.....Vucevic last year became a hero in waiting, and the longer he didnt play the better he became. rochina is capable of good things, and is as good a striker of the ball as I've seen for a good while, but he isnt a game changer or a team player, and i havent seem him impose himself on a game and look like he's running it.

Is it just me, or are some of players more highly regarded when they dont play.....Vucevic last year became a hero in waiting, and the longer he didnt play the better he became. rochina is capable of good things, and is as good a striker of the ball as I've seen for a good while, but he isnt a game changer or a team player, and i havent seem him impose himself on a game and look like he's running it.

He's the closest we've got Glosrover. Capable of something out of nothing - maybe a through ball, a clever run, a dummy etc. Little things that can just pick a lock. Him and Dunn are the only players that possess an ounce of creativity.

Did you miss the Derby game? I suggest the 25minutes on that day left most fans excited at the prospect of a fully fit, fully focused Rochina. He's certainly a great talent. Whether he can use that talent consistently is a different matter entirely.

I for one am excited to see his return.

He's the closest we've got Glosrover. Capable of something out of nothing - maybe a through ball, a clever run, a dummy etc. Little things that can just pick a lock. Him and Dunn are the only players that possess an ounce of creativity.

Did you miss the Derby game? I suggest the 25minutes on that day left most fans excited at the prospect of a fully fit, fully focused Rochina. He's certainly a great talent. Whether he can use that talent consistently is a different matter entirely.

I for one am excited to see his return.

Indeed and we all know that even when fit and available for selection Dunny has only 60 minuts in him.

Certainly applies to Rochina - he's turned into Messi according to some while he's been injured. They don't remember his Rhodes-like performances when he virtually disappears. Still don't rate him.

Will o the wisp player who relies more on skill and artistry than pace and power. Teams need players like him just as much as they need tough tackling 90 min growlers, strong defenders and safe keepers. Didn't you like Duncan McKenzie, Roy Wegerle or Lars Bohinen either?

Archived