BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derek Shaw and Radio Lancs

Apparently more from move on Derek in tomorrow's LT , no doubt will be hitting him with the hard questions , favourite colour, what sauce he likes on his burger etc.

Is Agger's on holiday ? his pet seems to be stealing his PR thunder at the moment

I've heard he reveals that Paul says his favourite smarties are the blue ones and he's secretly addicted to flumps.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard he reveals that Paul says his favourite smarties are the blue ones and he's secretly addicted to flumps.

Bet they are bought on Rovers expenses from one of Derek's friends companies :)

Strikes me that Shaw's recent media appearances and content are done as a big FU to the supporters, they (him Agnew and friends) are obviously under the impression they are untouchable

Laughable. Do you know him personally? Nobody knows what he is like.

He's a really decent bloke full stop. Ultimately, people will believe what suits their own agenda but having known Gary for many years I believe him to be one of the good guys irrespective of how he opts to address the owner.

Good opportunity for a hungry new manager. Has the players on his side. (Hope so but doubt mercerary footballers these days). At the end of the day only the fans suffer the disgrace. Shagnew will always get jobs. Survival of the thickest (Darwenism -jyes I'm one of us)

In the LT Shaw has vowed to sort out Rovers finances. God help us as it appears that even PNE didn't trust him to sort out finances.

He also says RE Berg that he didn't check other people's work. That is a total cop out. He is the MD, if a cock up like Berg's contract happens then it is his responsibility, he can't hide behind not checking other people's work excuse.

If Shagnew and Shebby remain at the club, then again Venky's have failed to address a key issue which will ultimately effect the clubs performance both on and off the pitch.

He also says RE Berg that he didn't check other people's work. That is a total cop out. He is the MD, if a cock up like Berg's contract happens then it is his responsibility, he can't hide behind not checking other people's work excuse.

No excuse whatsoever. He's obviously never been in the army! As Harry S Truman famously opined "The buck stops here"

On the face of it they appear so gullible that I am absolutely inrigued as to how the Venkymob have ever made any money.

In the LT Shaw has vowed to sort out Rovers finances. God help us as it appears that even PNE didn't trust him to sort out finances.

If Shagnew and Shebby remain at the club, then again Venky's have failed to address a key issue which will ultimately effect the clubs performance both on and off the pitch.

Agree kamy. If the financial redress is in the hands of a guy who let £2million ''just slip'' then we are in big bother.The culture in this Club is never to front up and admit to anything.Its always somebody elses fault -even the fans are to blame in their eyes FFS.

Not only will it affect performance both on and off the pitch if they don't sort it out but it will see this Club finally laid to rest.That picture in yesterdays LT made me want to vom.I actually despise the thing i must pay to support in the full knowledge that these clunts will simply trouser it themselves.

It is absloutely unreal how a multi million pound business can be run like a rag and bone merchants and we are all expected to accept the spin and ''move on'' to quote the phrase of the moment.

This is the difference between Singh and Shaw for me.

One talks cobblers about football because he thinks he knows something about it and has years of being the pundit extraordinaire under his belt.

The other talks cobblers about really important stuff like contracts and finances.

This is why I'm more concerned about the latter than the former.

This is the difference between Singh and Shaw for me.

One talks cobblers about football because he thinks he knows something about it and has years of being the pundit extraordinaire under his belt.

The other talks cobblers about really important stuff like contracts and finances.

This is why I'm more concerned about the latter than the former.

What concerns me is which pile of cobblers do the Venky's listen to and believe.

Shaw doesn't exactly sound too confident he's going to survive the summer (from the LT):

"But I would have thought when we went to India if the owners wanted rid of myself or Paul (Agnew) or whatever, that would have happened.

“We’re into the summer months now, we’re signing players and we’ve just taken a new manager on.

“If they (Venky’s) are changing stuff around then I’m sure we have a right to know and the supporters have a right to know.

“But everything is just going on as normal.”

More comments from Shaw

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10452367._/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10452352._/

Rovers’ plan to confirm season ticket prices has been delayed slightly by the need to finalise a credit card bond connected to the offer, but the club still hope the announcement will be imminent

Not up on credit cards. What would a bond be for........

Just a little message for Derek: I am not a toilet and I won't swallow your brown stuff. And I think most Rovers fans share that view. I thought I'd stopped getting angry about stuff in the press but the arrogance glaring out of that LT article has got me fuming again. It's just the superciliousness in the confidence that the readers and fans will believe anything they say and not question it. Grrr!

Just a little message for Derek: I am not a toilet and I won't swallow your brown stuff. And I think most Rovers fans share that view. I thought I'd stopped getting angry about stuff in the press but the arrogance glaring out of that LT article has got me fuming again. It's just the superciliousness in the confidence that the readers and fans will believe anything they say and not question it. Grrr!

Spot on.

And the LT and radio show are competing for the crappiest interview ever. Could they have given the man an easier ride? Do they have any journalistic integrity?

“It’s no different here. I don’t think the owners want to be changing managers every five minutes but this is a results driven business and they want this football club back to the Premier League.”

Yet Kean was allowed plenty of time to inevitably relegate us from the Premiership. Something very wrong here.

Spot on.

And the LT and radio show are competing for the crappiest interview ever. Could they have given the man an easier ride? Do they have any journalistic integrity?

Correct. I presume they asked him if being labelled an uncontrollable maniac in the national media was fair for someone who had merely failed to check someone elses work thoroughly.

The Club stinks to high heaven.Cheapest matchday entries and not big crowds????? Well the best way of solving that is to treat the fans like sh1te and appoint a bell like Shebby to insult everybody and then go and buy 8 Portugeezers who never kick a ball .Wonder why we are losing money shelfman?

100% Agree. Arrogant confidence that they can get away with it!

Would be funny if it wasn't so sad. DS claims he is going to sort out the financial situation and reduce the wage bill, well you caused these problems you fool. When we were splurging money all over the place last summer and this winter why wasn't he seeing what everyone else was seeing, i.e. financial meltdown looming. You didn't need any knowledge of the club to know that this was all going horribly wrong and yet noone in authority did anything. What a total lemon this bloke is, he needs his coupon panelling in.

Toad..He's the MD of a failing business. In a real world [not Loon world], he would have been sacked ages ago, in favour of a better man. If on the playing side it's a results driven business and we need to hire and fire 5 managers, then the falling gates, lack of corporate sponsors, misinformation, lack of ST's on sale, all show him up to be incompetant as well.

He contradicts himself - he cannot even make a good case out as to why he should stay [as one doesn't exist no doubt], yet he soldiers on as if nothing is his fault [not checking someone elses work FFS!! It wasn't the bill from Asda for the teabags!].

There is now an unshakable underbelly at our club who are self-centred, greedy and arrogant. For that reason, I'm out!

Archived