BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Millwall bound

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot of nonsense managerial links so I don't believe it for one second.

But the "he wasn't given a fair chance argument" is rubbish. We had finished our last full season before kean in 10th, he took over in Xmas whilst we were again in about 10th then nearly relegated us at the end of that season from a comfortable position. Then the following season the protests started at around Xmas so he had nearly a full calendar year before people had enough.

Also the he left them in 3rd in the championship is an equally ludicrous positive spin as he took us down to said third position from mid table prem security. Would be like someone like stoke now having a manager relegating them and then the following season in 3rd in the championship having people saying he was doing a good job.

If it does get the job I will feel very sorry for millwall (or any fans he ends up with) who can see through bullshit but for those who peddle the above spins then they deserve him.

Anybody else think this is a carefully orchestrated move by his 'agent'?

Set him up with a club whose fans have previous history of being trouble makers/hooligans, then if (when) he does terribly and leaves/gets sacked, he can once again use external factors (the fans) as the reason for him being terrible, while also in the media positioning rovers fans on par with the milwall lot?

...of course I'm sure the bastion of the game that is Steve Kean would never be part of anything like that.

Why is he Jim?, watching Allardyce brand football at Rovers was like watching paint dry and a lot of us wanted him out. I think it's more a case of be careful what you wish for though in hindsight. I'd definitely take hoofball and mid table Premiership mediocrity over where we are now.

Style of football is irrelevant. It's a results business and Allardyce knows how to get good results. Surprised you didn't realise that when he was here. Apart from a few numbskulls West Ham fans aren't complaining.

Kean was the worst of all worlds - poor football and poor results, plus the team generally looked unfit and demotivated.

Millwall and Kean are a perfect fit.

After reading some of the clueless crap on their site I really hope he gets the job and he ruins them like he did us. Another clubs fans may have some empathy for us. If he goes to other clubs and screws them with his self serving behavior then at least he'll be outed for what he and his representatives are.

Kean was the worst of all worlds - poor football and poor results, plus the team generally looked unfit and demotivated.

Don't forget the way that behind the scenes, the club was totally restructured seemingly around him. Slimeball.

Yer, but most people who defend him (non Rovers fans obviously) always seem to be under the impression that we were on his back from the off, which wasn't the case. He had a half a season of failure before hand that most people forget for some reason.

I read a comment a couple of months ago saying that he did well to keep us up in his first season.

Why is he Jim?, watching Allardyce brand football at Rovers was like watching paint dry and a lot of us wanted him out. I think it's more a case of be careful what you wish for though in hindsight. I'd definitely take hoofball and mid table Premiership mediocrity over where we are now.

Its been nearly 2 and a half years since it happened and thats the first time I've heard an Allardyce-critic admit that.

A match made in heaven. When it goes the shape of the pear he will need more than a minder. Perhaps Myles will be offered a contract, Agnew will get a call and job offer, the local postman will need a lumbar support and the pubs in the area can look forward to record takings.

What are you all saying?

Myles tore up Exeter last season and featured in 29 minutes of heart stopping tackling action. They are still talking about it evnen now from Torquay to Clovelly

I'm not sure how but you've forgotten to mention his tackle in training. A vision of wonder etched forever in the memory of those there to witness it, and an iconic moment in the history of the game.

the real question here is (presuming this does happen) - will it feel better to beat Burnley next year or Milwall?

Personally the only thing that will make me feel better is when the perpetrators of crimes against our football club are publicly exposed, shamed and we can start the club afresh with Venky's gone. If there still is a club.

I hope Steve Kean does get another Managerial job, id find it fascinating to see how he does and if against all our expectations(from our experience with him) he does well, then id have to say fair play to him(begrudgingly of course!)

And maybe he could take his protégé's Danny Murphy & Orr to millwall with him.

Archived