BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Millwall bound

Surely you don't need me to tell you that. His reputation and his style. Unfashionable isn't he? Like our lot the supporters of clubs usually have unreal expectations and ideas beyond their station plus Club Chairmen do not like to court unpopularity with the fans do they?

I could virtually guarantee that there are 3 Chairmen every year who wish they'd hired Allardyce for the previous season.

Points win prizes, Drog. I don't see why Sam wouldn't have been given a shot at the big time if he's truly what you make him out to be.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That must be the points total you are struggling with... the history books will reveal that he's got more Prem points than the pair of em.

Can I ask you a question Salgado? You are the Chairman of a small club with little financial resource in the bottom half of the Prem and you are looking for a manager to suit your club's situation and maintain your Prem status. Who do you go for out of those 3?

Who would I go for? I would go for Allardyce because the other two are too good to manage a bottom half Prem team.

As for the first part, it's like me saying Robbie Keane was a better striker than Drogba. Because he scored more goals in the PL. Or James Beattie and Bergkamp.

Being able to keep a bottom half team in the PL doesn't necessarily make you a top manager. Ancelotti and Benitez could probably do it as well. Benitez won two La Liga titles with Valencia ahead of the mighty spending powers of the El Classico clubs.

Ancelotti started his career at Reggiana then went to Parma. Benitez started out in the Spanish 2nd division. It's what most managers do. If you do well enough, you get a top job. That's how it is.

Surely you don't need me to tell you that. His reputation and his style. Unfashionable isn't he? Like our lot the supporters of clubs usually have unreal expectations and ideas beyond their station plus Club Chairmen do not like to court unpopularity with the fans do they?

I could virtually guarantee that there are 3 Chairmen every year who wish they'd hired Allardyce for the previous season.

His repuation and his style? No chance. Do you think Chairman/CEO care about that more than results?

Have you ever seen a side managed by Fabio Capello? Similar tactics but that didn't prevent him getting the Real Madrid or Juventus jobs.

If Sam was as good as you (or tbh he) thinks he is, he would have managed a big team by now.

He won't ever and there's a reason for that.

It's because people like him, O'Neill and Kinnear don't belong on a list of the best managers to have managed in the PL.

I honestly can't see him working as a manager ever again, such is the horrendous job he did at Ewood.

Any talk otherwise is purely his agent's work.

However, if he did get the Milwall job, can you imagine their fans giving him the easy ride Rovers fans did when it inevitably goes tits-up?!

Rovers fans are about as apathetic and mild-mannered as they come.

He would be hung, drawn and quartered down there.

Let's hope it happens.

I honestly can't see him working as a manager ever again, such is the horrendous job he did at Ewood.

Any talk otherwise is purely his agent's work.

However, if he did get the Milwall job, can you imagine their fans giving him the easy ride Rovers fans did when it inevitably goes tits-up?!

Rovers fans are about as apathetic and mild-mannered as they come.

He would be hung, drawn and quartered down there.

Let's hope it happens.

If he keeps sticking his CV in and his mates keep printing stories in the press he will get one eventually.

Some League Two side may eventually consider it a scoop to get someone who was linked the Millwall job and to become Chelsea's head coach.

In truth I don't think anyone really enjoyed the product but the lack of quality in the squad exaggerated the issue.

Gordon don't forget it was the clown Keano who sold off the quality in the squad.

He had been left a car crash by Ince

But we lost at Arsenal in Allardyce first full season in charge, so about 15 months in charge so cant blame Ince.

Man Utd 7-1 loss was shocking. sh!t tactics that day.

really hope Kean get the MIllwall job tho. just to prove how rubbish he was. he will take them down.

Chaddy that suits me just fine as it will be one less relegation place to worry about.

He had been left a car crash by Ince

But we lost at Arsenal in Allardyce first full season in charge, so about 15 months in charge so cant blame Ince.

Man Utd 7-1 loss was shocking. sh!t tactics that day.

really hope Kean get the MIllwall job tho. just to prove how rubbish he was. he will take them down.

i remember being told at the time that Kean had been charged with the defensive work in training in the build up to that match.

No idea if true or not.

• Moderation Lead

i remember being told at the time that Kean had been charged with the defensive work in training in the build up to that match.

No idea if true or not.

He probably gave them a day off and sent them to the pub- would explain the defending that day.....

So has Kean been appointed as Mourinhos assistant yet?(surely its a given that he will get the job :rock: )

Apparently it fell through, his fluency in Portuguese would have been useful but they didn't know what the hell he was rambling on about the rest of the time. That and they wouldn't allow him to take his invisible dog to the training ground

• Backroom

Apparently it fell through, his fluency in Portuguese would have been useful but they didn't know what the hell he was rambling on about the rest of the time. That and they wouldn't allow him to take his invisible dog to the training ground

Also, they haven't got enough room for all that daily post he gets ;)

The fact that the sixth-best Premier League manager's last three appointments were to teams 13th, 19th and relegated to the Championship shows he was certainly perceived to be on the slide by Chairmen. Now the talk is all of Swansea doing just as well but on a relative wages shoe-string compared to his Bolton largesse. I imagine he is a very embittered man.

Guest Norbert

You hate Sam, Gordon doesn't. We get it. We got it the other 12,000 times he's been mentioned. Is he going to be Kean's assistant at Milwall or something? Or is this yet another tired, stale argument over history?

Hard to really imagine a guy from the mean streets of Glasgow speaking Portuguese, thats probably bollux too.

On the dog, maybe with all the pressure and stress from the death threats he just invented an imaginary friend.

Or it was smuggled in from Portugal without the statutory quarantine - Does have form there.

The fact that the sixth-best Premier League manager's last three appointments were to teams 13th, 19th and relegated to the Championship shows he was certainly perceived to be on the slide by Chairmen. Now the talk is all of Swansea doing just as well but on a relative wages shoe-string compared to his Bolton largesse. I imagine he is a very embittered man.

Hey I like to watch Swansea, they are a marvellous team to watch. I can't see them staying in the Prem long though cos their 'footballing' players will be attractive to bigger clubs won't they. There are also rumours of unrest with Laudrup and they'll do well to keep Michu for starters even whether Laudrup stays or goes. They need to stay very much on the front foot cos if they don't they will be just more Prem league history.

Your post will bite you on your arse within 3 years I'd suggest. I might just keep it.

Hey I like to watch Swansea, they are a marvellous team to watch. I can't see them staying in the Prem long though cos their 'footballing' players will be attractive to bigger clubs won't they. There are also rumours of unrest with Laudrup and they'll do well to keep Michu for starters even whether Laudrup stays or goes. They need to stay very much on the front foot cos if they don't they will be just more Prem league history.

Your post will bite you on your arse within 3 years I'd suggest. I might just keep it.

I suspect in 3 years Allardyce will be in Dubai and you'll be the only one left on here!

Also, they haven't got enough room for all that daily post he gets ;)

True you also know postman work very hard in london if he ever got the position you would have to feel very sorry for the postman delivering all those letters he would have a double hernia and bad back in under a week would probably need months off to recover but then don't forget he will feel right at home as there is actually a village in Chelsea! :D

Archived