BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

I am almost certain that wee Dougie was on a Rovers' list before Berg's appointment. What he achieved at Palace, after inheriting a right old mess, was simply stunning. I rate the guy extremely highly and I think he will manage a top 4 club within the next 5 years.

As for Coyley, also rate him - took Burnley up which is a near miracle in itself, was desperately unlucky with injuries to key personal at Bolton last season and Dave Whelan, who is no mug, rates him very highly.

Even if it was a wind up, please stop calling them that.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFP May never happen a lot of clubs are clearly sticking 2 fingers up to it already.... Keep your eye on a Belgium test case involving the lawyers involved in the Bosman case

I remember seeing an article that FFP unlikely to be enforced on clubs - not sure what the state of play actually is.

Our situation is dire financially, are other clubs talking about it too?

Chaddy:

I do not support Bolton after decades of following Rovers.

Bolton finished higher than we did last season and went on a storming run once Dougie had made his mark - the hallmark of a very good manager.

If you are smart enough and the owner(s) are inclined, there are ways around FFP which any half decent accountant and lawyer will find !

I have thought and said all along that Rhodes will go before the window shuts. IMO, our finances will dictate that as I think we are staring into the financial abyss. It will cost us approx. six or 7 million in order to cut the deadwood adrift - where do you think that money will come from ? I think it will be a 'vulture' buy, if Bolton, and Davies, plus 5 million plus add ons will have the Rovers' hierarchy salivating come the final days of the window.

I hope that I am wrong but I think the odds are stacked in my favour.

• Moderation Lead

Chaddy:

Bolton finished higher than we did last season and went on a storming run once Dougie had made his mark - the hallmark of a very good manager.

If you are smart enough and the owner(s) are inclined, there are ways around FFP which any half decent accountant and lawyer will find !

I have thought and said all along that Rhodes will go before the window shuts. IMO, our finances will dictate that as I think we are staring into the financial abyss. It will cost us approx. six or 7 million in order to cut the deadwood adrift - where do you think that money will come from ? I think it will be a 'vulture' buy, if Bolton, and Davies, plus 5 million plus add ons will have the Rovers' hierarchy salivating come the final days of the window.

You still haven't answered the million dollar question- where are Bolton getting this cash from??

They're in as bad of a financial position as us if not worse!

You still haven't answered the million dollar question- where are Bolton getting this cash from??

They're in as bad of a financial position as us if not worse!

Uncle Eddie.

Chaddy:

first question, where have Bolton got the money from and how do they get within the FFP? Also wasn't Bolton Chairman, one of the men behind coming up with these rules in the 1st place? would be crazy to not break these rules. Also Uncle Eddie cannot put his own money in for the transfers according to FFP rules! fairly simply to understand them

second question, we don't know what the finances are tbh! Venkys might have clear Rovers debt from last season so we start zero debt? we won't know till the accounts are release in December? But this season accounts only starts on 13th July, so Murphy and Gomes pay offs will be on last season accounts

Third question, didn't you have a bet on which club Rhodes would be at this season? which club was it?

Fourth question, we only have to pay Huddersfield 2.5 mil this season as part of the Rhodes transfer deal. so we have that money from selling Martin Olsson to Norwich. so no need to sell him.

Debt ridden Bolton paying £10m for a Championship player is the very reason why FFP is needed.

Crazy world if this transfer were to happen.

Would be a very bad day for football.

You could be right , but I have a feeling the FFP will be something akin to players contracts ...

Not worth the paper they are written on !

It is each member's right to express an opinion in their own style providing it is not abusive and does not bring the threat of a legal threat to this site.

It is a pity that you have nothing of value to say about football in your post and that you resort to a personal attack - I would go and see a doctor.

Again - you flash over the sentiment. Other than using Nixon as an example - what gives you the inkling that Bolton will spend carelessly flouting FFP while our owners (who, amongst a plethora of stupid decisions) have quite a lot of money? Why would they not do the same to keep?

You also make no discussion on the reasons for this other than Davies rating Rhodes - we all know chairmen do not make good scouts. Do you really think Freedman would want to spend 10m (when he hasn't had a dime to spend on anyone else) on a striker with no pace? This doesn't take into account the massive hole in midfield that they are suffering due to injuries. If Freedman is good manager as you claim, why on earth would he be taking this route, and if it is not his decision, is Eddie Davies wearing a training kit? This is the second time I have asked you this - and you can guarantee the reply will be "stop abusing me you add nothing to the discussion"

You have also been "driven out by Venkys/Kean" - Driven all the way to Bolton?

Abuse is abuse, I am aware of that. It is not my intention to get so hot headed with a keyboard but enough is enough. If you are to post flacid opinion on this website, expect to be questioned. The thing is, its so obvious that you do it with the intention of winding people up - and I am not the only person to see this. You like the charade and attention pretending to be an ITK gets. That has been obvious since last years "Holloway is on his way" nonsense.

Keep posting Mercerman, you're more entertaining than most people on here who seem take this board way too seriously and resort to personal abuse when they see something they don't like.

Nothing wrong with reminding people that our financial position is hardly rosy and we might have to sell some of our key assets - we've hardly recouped much this summer yet have we?

I think you would have taken a bang on your head, not to realise YOU LOSE MONEY WHEN YOU get RELEGATED!!!

This much is obvious. What is also obvious is the stubborn nature of Desai and her idiotic brothers - particularly when it involves the star players - ie Jones, Samba etc

Nothing which MM says makes any bones to the argument that he may leave. I'll give you an example - if it was a premier league team it would make more sense. Only a moron with an agenda could believe that Bolton have the capability of signing JR at this present time.

And finally, to summarise (because I'm boring myself already) - why do you think Nixon and other trash Journos create furore and excitement around football clubs? to do you an honourable service to bring you the news?

Answer - no. They do it to service their own image and make money, end of.

You also make no discussion on the reasons for this other than Davies rating Rhodes - we all know chairmen do not make good scouts. Do you really think Freedman would want to spend 10m (when he hasn't had a dime to spend on anyone else) on a striker with no pace? This doesn't take into account the massive hole in midfield that they are suffering due to injuries.

We've just signed Spearing. For money and a considerable wage. This has filled our midfield vacancy. (Though I believe you were 100% certain we'd not be signing Spearing). Hate to say I told you so but....

Anyhow we won't be signing Rhodes. Freedman would like to sign him - he's said so. But also as he's said no championship clubs will be spending that sort of money on one player, certainly not us.

We've just signed Spearing. For money and a considerable wage. This has filled our midfield vacancy. (Though I believe you were 100% certain we'd not be signing Spearing). Hate to say I told you so but....

Anyhow we won't be signing Rhodes. Freedman would like to sign him - he's said so. But also as he's said no championship clubs will be spending that sort of money on one player, certainly not us.

Good signing, and I don't mind the told you so - Spearing obviously enjoyed last year.

Thanks for offering some common sense from Bolton also - it is ridiculous to expect any current championship team to spend that sort of money. I think there is a distinct possibility he will end up in the prem, but the days of second tier big spending is over (unless you get creative).

In debt to the owner. Who is still happy to sign players as shown this week. No different to Chelsea being in debt to Abramovich. Clearly we won't be splashing 10M on anyone though.

I may be wrong but Chelsea are debt free now due to Abramovoc converting debt into equity (no financial wizard so don't know the meaning of this). I have heard your owner takes payment from the club every year on money borrowed? If so not the same thing and if he ever went you guys are well and truly up a creak without a paddle.

I may be wrong but Chelsea are debt free now due to Abramovoc converting debt into equity (no financial wizard so don't know the meaning of this). I have heard your owner takes payment from the club every year on money borrowed? If so not the same thing and if he ever went you guys are well and truly up a creak without a paddle.

I think the plan is for Eddie to convert the debt into equity, things are happening to move towards this. As for interest payments, apparently they are put through the accounts but not actually paid.

I think everyone is worried what happens when Eddie is no longer here, but equally most clubs have similar problems. Fact he's still backing us as shown with the Spearing signing this week despite being relegated is a good sign.

In debt to the owner. Who is still happy to sign players as shown this week. No different to Chelsea being in debt to Abramovich. Clearly we won't be splashing 10M on anyone though.

You'll still have to pay him back though, has he no family ?

This is true lads, my mates company fibrlec are the new principle sponsor at Bolton and there's no debt...the cheques are signed by Eddie Davies and quote "it's a drop in the ocean" (in reference to the £100m that he has pumped in.

It's actually the same as us...we're in no debt now. Venkys have personally funded us

Any news on the loan striker??

You'll still have to pay him back though, has he no family ?

Eddie knows he's not getting it back. There is now was an agreement signed that if the loan is ever to be re-called there is a 10 year notice period on it. Eddie did this to avoid the club getting into trouble should anything "untoward" happen.

However, as I say he's working towards doing exactly what Abramovich has done at Chelsea and converting it into equity.

Eddie knows he's not getting it back. There is now was an agreement signed that if the loan is ever to be re-called there is a 10 year notice period on it. Eddie did this to avoid the club getting into trouble should anything "untoward" happen.

However, as I say he's working towards doing exactly what Abramovich has done at Chelsea and converting it into equity.

I wonder if he can do this under FFP rules ?

I wonder if there was something similar with the Walker trust after Jack passed away. Hence the panic to sell it and it was around 10 years after he died that it was sold, makes you wonder.

Anyway Davies is allowing Bolton to be funded one way or another but don't forget your parachutes will diminish at the end of this season so that's a huge slice of income gone and then the FFP so he won't be funding it forever. There will have to be a lot of cloth cutting there as well in the event of no promotion this season.

Again - you flash over the sentiment. Other than using Nixon as an example - what gives you the inkling that Bolton will spend carelessly flouting FFP while our owners (who, amongst a plethora of stupid decisions) have quite a lot of money? Why would they not do the same to keep?

Firstly, the basis of FFP is unsound and secondly, as I have said before, any half decent accountant in combination with a half decent lawyer will find a way through a policy that, IMO, is half baked. Bolton will not spend carelessly and have an owner (with very local connections and educated within a stone's throw from Burnden Park) who has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to the club (not unlike JW), something which, IMO, cannot be attributed to Venky's whose scale of wealth has been fairly widely debated and questioned.

You also make no discussion on the reasons for this other than Davies rating Rhodes - we all know chairmen do not make good scouts. Do you really think Freedman would want to spend 10m (when he hasn't had a dime to spend on anyone else) on a striker with no pace? This doesn't take into account the massive hole in midfield that they are suffering due to injuries. If Freedman is good manager as you claim, why on earth would he be taking this route, and if it is not his decision, is Eddie Davies wearing a training kit? This is the second time I have asked you this - and you can guarantee the reply will be "stop abusing me you add nothing to the discussion"

Davies and wee Dougie think that Rhodes' goals would be the icing on the cake and deliver promotion. They will not pay silly money for Rhodes but are biding their time with a view that the close of the window could well see an Ewood 'fire sale'. If they are right, then I think Davies, 4 or 5 million plus add ons for promotion etc will get him.

You have also been "driven out by Venkys/Kean" - Driven all the way to Bolton?

Certainly not after decades of supporting Rovers though I have family and good friends who follow Bolton

Abuse is abuse, I am aware of that. It is not my intention to get so hot headed with a keyboard but enough is enough. If you are to post flacid opinion on this website, expect to be questioned. The thing is, its so obvious that you do it with the intention of winding people up - and I am not the only person to see this. You like the charade and attention pretending to be an ITK gets. That has been obvious since last years "Holloway is on his way" nonsense.

Look, I don't need any attention. If any other member dislikes my views so much then just put me on ignore. Quite happy to rationally debate different points of view and don't make a habit, unlike some members, of personally abusing others except in instances of extreme provacation. I am not 'ITK' and don't pretend to be.

Nothing which MM says makes any bones to the argument that he may leave. I'll give you an example - if it was a premier league team it would make more sense. Only a moron with an agenda could believe that Bolton have the capability of signing JR at this present time.

You may regret that statement come the end of the month for the reasons I've outlined.

Archived