BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

No, the quality of football at Ewood in general for 2 years has been dire. The only reason it is so even is because of a lack of quality.

I know that I enjoyed watching us give United, Liverpool and Arsenal a good game rather than a game v Charlton, Huddersfield or Yeovil that bores you senseless. In the Prem every win feels like a real achievement.

I wouldn't argue that every win in the PL felt sweeter. But I do love the feeling that we go into every match with a very good chance of winning. Don't get me wrong, if it were offered I'd take rovers in the premier league every time. But the championship is an exciting league and I love the fact we play 2 or 3 times in ten days. When compared to the last time under Souness its been hell. But its a good division and I don't mind saying I've enjoyed this past season on the basis of the regularity and competitiveness of the fixtures. I only wish the players had realised that they had the ability to beat anyone in the league.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine this will draw criticism from most quarters but.....

Haven't most people really enjoyed the championship experience? If you can put aside the financial musts which haunt us, this league is bloody brilliant. I love the twice weekly matches. I love the fact nobody is beyond a beating. Its good stuff. Im not saying promotion would be unwelcome but I do enjot the championship. The PL is the only viable place for us. But I'm not ashamed to admit I quite like the championship.

I have to say I agree with you. I remember the old days of the eighties well when we accepted our place but also had a dream. I hope next season we can storm this league and set a few records along the way.

I have told you all that but everyone pulls their pud over playoffs... They are evil .

Couldn't agree more, hated every single one we've been involved in and never want to see us in another.

Haven't most people really enjoyed the championship experience? If you can put aside the financial musts which haunt us, this league is bloody brilliant. I love the twice weekly matches. I love the fact nobody is beyond a beating. Its good stuff. Im not saying promotion would be unwelcome but I do enjot the championship. The PL is the only viable place for us. But I'm not ashamed to admit I quite like the championship.

I get your point, however the quality of football in the Championship is vey poor.....mind you I have been to a few league 2 games and they are now at the level of where Sunday league football was 20 years ago.

I may be accused of having a big fish in a small pond mindset but i have Patrick and for the reasons you outlined. Tbh 2000/01 was one of my all time favourite seasons. A cracking squad playing excellent football and so many north west derby matches.

I'd be happy here but for the financial situation and the lack of interest from press and media.

I wouldn't argue that every win in the PL felt sweeter. But I do love the feeling that we go into every match with a very good chance of winning. Don't get me wrong, if it were offered I'd take rovers in the premier league every time. But the championship is an exciting league and I love the fact we play 2 or 3 times in ten days. When compared to the last time under Souness its been hell. But its a good division and I don't mind saying I've enjoyed this past season on the basis of the regularity and competitiveness of the fixtures. I only wish the players had realised that they had the ability to beat anyone in the league.

You got it!! And who's fault is that.

You got it!! And who's fault is that.

Dunno. Are you going to tell us?

And whilst you are about it rem that the team that finished the season was way removed from the one that started it. If we'd had the services of Robinson, Gestede, Conway, Marshall, Cairney, Keane and Evans from the off then imo we'd have finished significantly higher than we did. Just the points spewed by Gkeepers before the turn of the year would have seen us easily reach the play offs. Put another way without those players I've no doubt that we would have been deep in a relegation scrap.

And whilst you are about it rem that the team that finished the season was way removed from the one that started it. If we'd had the services of Robinson, Gestede, Conway, Marshall, Cairney, Keane and Evans from the off then imo we'd have finished significantly higher than we did. Just the points spewed by Gkeepers before the turn of the year would have seen us easily reach the play offs. Put another way without those players I've no doubt that we would have been deep in a relegation scrap.

Hard to say that Gord. You might be right, but then again other clubs could no doubt argue about a season of two halves, just as they could argue about individual errors.

This is what I mean about expectations. It's easy to point at failure and "take the positives", hell, Kean made a million out of it. It's what happens when the pressure us on.

Every time it came to the simple need to win a match to get in to the play-off places - even WITH those players you highlight - we collapsed. Are we really going to be able to cope with the pressure - as *spit* Bumley did all season? They have a manager with that winning mentality when it comes to the crunch.

Do we?

Dunno. Are you going to tell us?

If I do I start Yeovil all over again. Ooopps...

If I do I start Yeovil all over again. Ooopps...

In March Leicester, Wigan and Reading all had home games against Yeovil and couldn't overcome them either!

After years of being subjected to the Premier league procession some people still cannot grasp the unpredictable nature of the Championship.

It is a feature that I like and something that the mandarins in charge of the Prem should pay heed to, although this season has seen a much more positive and healthier competition.

In March Leicester, Wigan and Reading all had home games against Yeovil and couldn't overcome them either!

After years of being subjected to the Premier league procession some people still cannot grasp the unpredictable nature of the Championship.

It is a feature that I like and something that the mandarins in charge of the Prem should pay heed to, although this season has seen a much more positive and healthier competition.

It is a feature of the prem I dont like either, big club and media darling favouritism. They can deny it all they want but it is there for all to see. I actually have grown find of the championship I just dont get to see us play enough. Bein Sports has Championship games over here and I found myself watching those games over prem games.

Archived