BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Quebec Football Turban Ban

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?id=9335036

MONTREAL -- The Quebec Soccer Federation is maintaining a ban on players wearing turbans during games.

The federation's board of directors made the ruling Saturday. The

Canadian Soccer Association asked provincial associations in April to

allow turbans on the field.

The World Sikh Organization of Canada says Quebec is the only province

where Sikh soccer players have faced problems because of turbans.

Spokesman Balpreet Singh says his group is considering legal action to

reverse the decision.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2013/06/03/montreal-observant-sikhs-left-out-of-soccer-turbans-banned.html A bit more complete of a story.

I don't want to be insensitive, it does seem like a Turban could have an effect on play but I don't want to be narrow-minded. I would say it would be proper to not allow them but maybe I'm wrong.

u19142965.jpg

I've found that per these younger age groups, maybe not as young as this tyke, they wear "mini-turbans". It may not have that much effect on the game, the Sikhs seem to bunch their hair up in one part where the bob is but still doesn't seem to be a proper part of the kit. But without this, people with thick curly hair like Fellaini, all of that is still okay because it's basically natural.

Beckham and others would wear that Buddha styled hair with the hair pulled up in the middle, that is similar in this and Beckham was wearing a rubber band, hair band to keep it in place I would think.

article-0-0C136CE7000005DC-370_468x528.j

Archived