BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Modern Music (Ok I'm old but good grief)

Guest Norbert

How exactly are Coldplay crap?

Ever listened to that Paradise? Tedious, mealy mouthed, middle of the road, commercial radio friendly tedium, fronted by a singer with the weakest voice I can recall.

Guest Norbert

Is that all you have to say Mr. Johnson? Coldplay are half baked, tired, stale music for those who dare not have an imagination. Those who think Bon Jovi is metal, the stereotypical Guardian reader who gets excited about a bread maker and thinks swearing is 'unecessary'. They produce wallpaper music for those who are scared of emotion, of hearing something different, quirky or novel. Dull music for dull minds, just like that Dido, every Simon Cowell backed singer, Rihanna and Adele Sandi.

As for your last comment, it just shows what a little point scoring person you can be. Don't bother addressing the point, just make some pathetic snidey comment.

Well I was going for flippant but I suppose snide will do. The reason being its utterly pointless arguing with someone about subjective music tastes. You obviously hate Coldplay, obviously nothing I say will alter your opinion one bit, so what's the point? Arguing with pretentious, superior, know-it-all music snobs who treat their opinion as objective fact is tiresome and irritating.

You're all wrong anyway, music is all about the Blackout Crew

The sad thing is, is that this is exactly the kind of white trash rubbish many Backburn boys/men under 30 listen too and enjoy!

even in the 90s I was the odd one out for being into oasis, blur, verve, ect... yet it was fine to listen to dum as f hardcore dance music and techno rubbish with cheesy mc's jabbering on over the top of it(and their still listenening to the same rubbish now).

Alan, I drove my kids out of the house with my taste in music!

One of my favourite cd's is from Sonny Stitt, "Just the way it was", "Live at the Left Bank". Wild is an understatement.

I get most of my enjoyment, thanks to Cocker putting me onto "Pandora.com". Some amazing music.

For those that like top 20 music from over the years (admittedly it's US based) try www.upchucky.org. There's a virtual jukebox that will play music from the 30's through to 1999.

As for modern pop music, you've probably heard it a million times already this summer and will hear it a million more(whether you want to or not)

It is sad what level pop music has now lowered itself too just to sell a few more records(you need to watch the unrated version of the video below to know what I mean) BUT IM NOT COMPLAING :tu:

(p.s. the unrated version of this video is exactly the same but the women are-well lets just say that Peter Melieu would not approve ;))

OK, so what about Chris Martin then?(or even the actual band coldplay!)

(and also how many legs should Whales have?)

Martin will know, he knows everything. He'll preach to anyone daft enough to listen.

Archived