BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall the first meeting we had with Agnew last summer ,

We turned up and he to our surprise had invited Jack Straw which threw us a little .

However one statement stood out which he made .

" you won't decide when I go , the fans won't make that decision, twitter won't decide when I go , only the owners will decide that"

Well it appears that the dickie bird in February was correct , and eyes had not only been opened but the ears were listening .

Just glad he can now eat his words !!

Well it appears that the dickie bird in February was correct , and eyes had not only been opened but the ears were listening .

Very cryptic, Glen.

We turned up and he to our surprise had invited Jack Straw which threw us a little .

" you won't decide when I go , the fans won't make that decision, twitter won't decide when I go , only the owners will decide that"

Do you know if there is anyone new coming onto the board to replace Agnew ?

Blackburn Rovers 'fan'?...mmmmmm begs the question eh

Hmmmm, lets see. Owned by people who admit to knowing nothing about football, let alone supporting BRFC. Crickey the main man / woman has been here twice in 2.5 years. They appoint 2 idiots who made a pigs ear of a club not a million miles from here, they ran it into the ground nearly. They also appoint a Malaysian TV pundit.

There's no Rovers fans in charge of this Football club, nowhere near. No one cares at the top so why should we be surprised?

GB probably does but these feck witted clowns will continue to cock it all up - simply because they refuse to listen to any Rovers fan or anyone who dares to speak out or common sense. And some posters still wonder why there are conspiracy theories. They've lost the club millions upon millions of pounds, just for a laugh. It's not rocket science.

Or just perhaps using the Bank of India makes it easier to launder money.

Put it another way, if Venkys were part of a Asian/Indian betting syndicates they could easily have made £60m in the past 2 seasons from Rovers getting relegated from the Premiership and not getting promoted this year through odds manipulation.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. After all, the State Bank of India is only India's largest bank and owned by the government, so well dodgy when compared to such bastions of western good practice, such as Barclay's, who only fiddled Libor after all!

And yes, if and could make compelling arguments. So why did the Brunei/Gorbals mafia fire Aggers??

Guest Norbert

Goodness knows if there are conspiracy theories behind all this, I'm just happy one of the most shadowy and malignant enemies of our football club has been removed. No doubt his big mate Anderson is trying to weave his tenure into a positive fantasy tale through his links at Sky Sports.

I would not be surprised however if Shebby basically replaces him in some sort of MD role. Venky's like taking 1 step forward and then 4 back.

why was Agnew sacked a week after being given the Rovers community trust chairman job???

good to see Venkys making another good decision( only one of few good decisions they made, a lot of bad ones)

wonder if we will see a proper football Administrator coming in as Chairman???

was Agnew role anything to do with Rhodes concerns at Rovers???

Do you know if there is anyone new coming onto the board to replace Agnew ?

hopefully someone with a lot of experience and football background like Birch or Gordon Taylor.

Like some others have said looking at the timing of it then it may well just be he was on a 12 mnth contract and it's run out and they've decided not to renew it. In which case Deggsy should not be far behind although no doubt silence will have to be bought :)

Good riddance.

One down, two to go. Frankly the first should have been (but may well have been, who knows?) Singh.

Leaves the light bulb changing shelf salesman as the current custodian of the club. Ain't it great, wonder if he has checked the terms of Agnew's contract?

Bit surprised nothing has leaked yet as to what has gone on, or what they intend to do next.

Things have certainly tightened up down Ewood way lately.

Get the impression no-one was really aware this was going to happen. The amateur statement on the official website would support this.

Have to say I think its down to (lack of) season ticket sales. Dont care who replaces him, as unless theres a 180 degree change by the owners, or they sell up, as nothing will change otherwise. Step in the right direction, well possibly, but then again even idiots will make 1 right decision by chance at some point.

Get the impression no-one was really aware this was going to happen. The amateur statement on the official website would support this.

Have to say I think its down to (lack of) season ticket sales. Dont care who replaces him, as unless theres a 180 degree change by the owners, or they sell up, as nothing will change otherwise. Step in the right direction, well possibly, but then again even idiots will make 1 right decision by chance at some point.

Yep. Pretty much solved. Even the owners didn't know this was going to happen.

And I enjoy being led round by the nose hairs as well.

Very Very Happy to see the muppet go but christ on a bike we are running out of board members and staff again (Silk on her way, Ghandi who?, Shaw the shelf salesman, Singh apparently re-purposed, Reserve and first team coaches?).. saying that really want to see the back of Shaw and Shebby as well.

Agnew was an over promoted bafoon who Jack then the trust never saw fit to give a full time role in 12 years.. to end up PR then operations director was just a joke especially with all this talk of communications after he backed Kean and slagged the fans off.

Part of me wonders if this may be down to the recent season ticket offer.. basically giving away tickets should we get promoted (how the hell are you supposed to survive if you offer season tickets at a 75% discount for the first year back in the premier league when you would need the money for new players).

When promotion to the premier league is worth £120 million what significance will a few thousand cheap season tickets have on income. Remember it's only applicable if you purchase one tis season, and take up is not likely to be significant.

Didn't realise that Aggers was staying in Portugal for a week's holiday after the League AGM. He must have saved the club loads of money as I expect they wouldn't have had to pay for his flights...

Archived