BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

Didn't realise that Aggers was staying in Portugal for a week's holiday after the League AGM. He must have saved the club loads of money as I expect they wouldn't have had to pay for his flights...

£10.00 says we paid for it. He probably gets his petrol money for coming to work etc, expenses and the such are the norm in football.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there been a proper explanation from the club as to the reasons he's gone or do they deem it as unnecessary for us to know?

Whlst it would be nice to know which straw broke the grinning hyena's back, I'm just glad he's gone. Keen to see what happens next as they will have to recruit now and we just have to hope they've seen the light. They've had some serious people contact them before with experience that made JW's look average. Hopefully this is the light at the end of the tunnel, but I realise they're just as likely to turn round and walk towards the dark once again. We'll see as the trial will have done them no favours in this hope.

Yet one of the ground staff recently got pulled in to have the amount of petrol he was putting in the mowers questioned, the club suggesting he was claiming for petrol which he was putting in his car - until he helpfully pointed out his car actually ran on diesel

LOL, what a muppet (the man who accused him) guilty till proven innocent. Trouble is mate Aggers isn't groundstaff, most clubs pay-out expenses for everything if your either football based or at the top of the food chain. The rest of the staff get bugger all. Aggers will get the club to pay for it and say well you would have had to pay for me to come back anyway so I'll take a week more as holiday. It's no different, move on.

Yet one of the ground staff recently got pulled in to have the amount of petrol he was putting in the mowers questioned, the club suggesting he was claiming for petrol which he was putting in his car - until he helpfully pointed out his car actually ran on diesel

In view of the Shaw/Berg court case fiasco worth millions they do nothing, yet a groundsman gets grilled over a few quids worth of fuel, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Was this written using the William Burroughs cut-ups technique, I've no idea what It means but it's very "Beat Poets," almost Allen Ginsberg like

I'm not sure I fully understand this post but I like it!

The Sky Sports bigging up Agnew bit... now who else are they supportive of?

Put two and two together and you make four.

For the benefit of EiT, if you are running something dodgy, do you standstill waiting for folks to catch up with you or do you keep shaking things up and hiding your tracks?

Agnew was apparently a hod carrier but a particular visible and by all accounts, obnoxious one.

Shaw's twelve months are up soon as well. Let's see whether the rogue Chairman is released or the Rovers' QC was in effect contemptuous of the Court with his defence argument.

For the benefit of EiT, if you are running something dodgy, do you standstill waiting for folks to catch up with you or do you keep shaking things up and hiding your tracks?

Agnew was apparently a hod carrier but a particular visible and by all accounts, obnoxious one.

Shaw's twelve months are up soon as well. Let's see whether the rogue Chairman is released or the Rovers' QC was in effect contemptuous of the Court with his defence argument.

Certainly a very visible place and time to sack him and then a weeks holiday, hmm.

proof of this???

fans have wanted rid of Agnew for ages and finally the owners have got rid.

Didn't Shaw say when appointed last year that he had agree a deal for 12 months and then they would review it in the summer???

Are the owners going to bring in a experience football administrator to run the club day to day???

Sorry, but chaddy why don't you ask all the so-called ITK'ers for 'proof' instead of just quoting and paraphrasing every rumour they come out with as if they are facts.(you even believe most of what nico writes for flips sake! until the next rumour roles of the mill)

proof of this???

fans have wanted rid of Agnew for ages and finally the owners have got rid.

Didn't Shaw say when appointed last year that he had agree a deal for 12 months and then they would review it in the summer???

Are the owners going to bring in a experience football administrator to run the club day to day???

Some may say the obvious answer to this is why was he promoted in the first place ?

And Lofty well, the Rao's must have been extremely impressed when they met him.

Put the pair of them together and you have the 2 main characters in an old Will Hay film. ( younger board members may have to use google )

Sorry, but chaddy why don't you ask all the so-called ITK'ers for 'proof' instead of just quoting and paraphrasing every rumour they come out with as if they are facts.(you even believe most of what nico writes for flips sake! until the next rumour roles of the mill)

I posted the info on the MB for other fans to discuss whether its from Nicko, Kamy, Cryer, Flanagan, etc.

I've NEVER said that they are facts have I

You don't have to literally say they are facts, the way you word your posts just implies it,

which is all fine, but its showing a bit of cheek to have little digs at posters that you don't consider ITK just because they have a wee opinion you don't like.

You don't have to literally say they are facts, the way you word your posts just implies it,

which is all fine, but its showing a bit of cheek to have little digs at posters that you don't consider ITK just because they have a wee opinion you don't like.

Firstly TJ, I have a lot of respect for PhillipL as a person and as a poster on here.

I just ask PhillipL whether he had proof of what he said then you started have a go at me for asking this question to him. maybe I should have not bother tbh or Private message him instead.

does anybody know the proper reason why Agnew went? down to the documentary? Owners wanted rid of him? contract up? other reasons?

Do the owners have replacement line up to come in to run the club for them? Shaw leaving to leave?

Chaddy, serious point, you really need to stop it with the "???" and "!!!" after your comments.

It really undermines you as a poster and means that people misinterpret your posts as sarcasm.

I appreciate that you have some form of intermittent dyslexia but this is something that you can control.

Proof?!? Proof!!

Proof would kill the club, the powers that be would murder us. Do we want that, really?

I'll use the analogy that has been used many times (and is quite brilliant) by a few posters on here; Rovers is a smack head. Proper drug addict, we hate what it's doing but somehow still find the love. If only because one day it'll get off heroin and go back to being the club we all loved. Honest, hard working, not the best maybe, but occasionally fcking brilliant, but something that the people of this town and its fans could be proud of. Arte et .....

Agnew leaving is a positive, but lets not pretend. Singh? Shaw remains. The dealers still remain, hidden in india, cowards. Taking no responsibility for anything. Confused but putting their faith in wrong uns - all in the name of naivety.

"White line fever, number one deceiver, white line fever. It's a slow death"

Anyway, I've got my season ticket and one for my lad.... Watch em while you can I said to him.

Archived