BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer interview with BBC Radio Lancashire

chaddy you do realise Jones can not be bought on loan as he is a free agent so whichever way you look at it for Jones that has to be permanent although Kane is a very good shout.

I know jones on a free transfer. I was talking about Kane coming in a loan.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 32% of voters believe GB will get us promoted next season:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/

Kind of surprised it's that high.

I think promotion is a big ask, especially with such a competitive league. Then you have the playoff format in which anything can happen, teams has gone in there in decent form and crashed out unexpectedly.

I suspect Venky's will demand promotion this season with the payments about to seriously decrease and the losses racking up. If Bowyer doesn't achieve that (I don't think he will in one season) then he's probably gone and we start all over again.

• Backroom

Sssh, be careful Theno Jr, there could be chaddites about. GB is garunteed to get us promoted and we're signing fantastic players with loads of talent, any other view point is herasey. ;)

:D

Just a q, what is this theno comparison btw? I'm not even sure I agree with him on most things haha

Kind of surprised it's that high.

I think promotion is a big ask, especially with such a competitive league. Then you have the playoff format in which anything can happen, teams has gone in there in decent form and crashed out unexpectedly.

I suspect Venky's will demand promotion this season with the payments about to seriously decrease and the losses racking up. If Bowyer doesn't achieve that (I don't think he will in one season) then he's probably gone and we start all over again.

I have my doubts but you never know, I just feel that if we've any chance of getting back where we were then this season is it.

:D

Just a q, what is this theno comparison btw? I'm not even sure I agree with him on most things haha

I haven't got a Scooby but someone mentioned it on the other day so I thought I'd carry it on and see if it stuck. Merely a bit of fun, although like theno you don't use capital letter in peoples names, how rude. :P:D

I have my doubts but you never know, I just feel that if we've any chance of getting back where we were then this season is it.

I haven't got a Scooby but someone mentioned it on the other day so I thought I'd carry it on and see if it stuck. Merely a bit of fun, although like theno you don't use capital letter in peoples names, how rude. :P:D

I think the league will be tougher this year than last. It was there for the taking last season and we blew our big budget on crap. I've got to say that the three sides who got promoted this season aren't a patch on some who have achieved the same in recent years. I actually think we'll improve on last season but i'd be very pleasantly suprised if we're anywhere near the top 6.

I think the league will be tougher this year than last. It was there for the taking last season and we blew our big budget on crap. I've got to say that the three sides who got promoted this season aren't a patch on some who have achieved the same in recent years. I actually think we'll improve on last season but i'd be very pleasantly suprised if we're anywhere near the top 6.

For me a lot will depend on the relegated teams and how they start the season. I'm far from convinced we'll go up with what we have and based on what we saw last season. But I do wonder how long they will keep stumping up for the club if we don't. Having read about what they have done with some of their other failed toys, I worry. I'd like to see a couple of quality additions to the squad, especially in CM as we desperately need someone to tick things over and keep the ball in there. Jones is alright but I'd be after someone better. There's still plenty of time though for that to change and I guess we'll need to see who can be shifted out

• Backroom

Had me wondering too? do you play golf instead of going to Rovers?

I play occasional rounds at Highfield (that municipal course) but golf membership at a proper club (or even Darwen) is too expensive for me.

I'll be back at Ewood this season in any case. I stopped because of Kean so I'll return in his absence.

Archived