BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances 2014

Usually have a post on this topic.

Just interested to find what peoples thoughts are regarding attendances next season at Ewood?

Will these factors have any impact on the gates?

Season ticket prices, incentives.....

Gary Bowyer (players play for their shirts)

Keep Rhodes.

Agnew gone, hopefully shabby next?

Anything you think could be a factor regarding increasing the gate!!

Just add your thoughts and give you,r and other fans you have spoken to on how envisage next season!

• Backroom

If I was a betting man I would 'lump on' there being a loud bloke in a Denver Bronco's jersey a bit behind me shouting Venkys out!

:P

I'm have already renewed for this coming season and will be going to some of the Rovers 1st team friendlies and reserve/Under21 Friendlies aswell.

Looking forward to this season without Kean/Agnew being at Rovers. just hope Shebby doesn't come back to Ewood Park and stays in India/Far East.

just hope Venkys stick by Bowyer and allow him time to develop this squad for Promotion challenge.

I can see attendances being lower than last season for 2 reasons: 1 not enough has changed about the club for a lot who aren't going to still think its rotten to the core and those that bought season tickets last year hoping for a bounce back have realised how bad we are and 2 no Agnew manipulating the attendances for his everything's rosy in the garden mantra.

Whilst I'm not boycotting per se I can't see myself going to more than a couple because while the venkys are still in town for me this isn't blackburn rovers more Venky fc that just happen to play in blackburn.

That said there are positives going into this season unlike the last one where there was none. No kean, no Agnew, shaw on his last chance surely, shabby marginalised. But whilst there is still so many problems behind the scenes what happens on the pitch is largely irrelevant.

Short and sweet:

Nowhere near the level of support we sustained before these Pune Ham Shankers decimated our club.

I think youre quite right SG! Average attendance for the last 4 seasons:2009-10 25,428

2010-11 25,000

2011-12 22, 551

2012-13 14, 997

I think youre quite right SG! Average attendance for the last 4 seasons:2009-10 25,428

2010-11 25,000

2011-12 22, 551

2012-13 14, 997

You should also take into account the manipulation of the attendances last season, I think the average would've been more like 12,500

I'm not renewing, I'm happy that GB is manager and that Agnew has finally gone but i'm still waiting for a sensible Board of Directors to be appointed.

You should also take into account the manipulation of the attendances last season, I think the average would've been more like 12,500

I'm not renewing, I'm happy that GB is manager and that Agnew has finally gone but i'm still waiting for a sensible Board of Directors to be appointed.

But then won't it be a case of waiting for Venkys to leave, and then waiting for some investment to be put in, and then waiting for a decent season. The longer you stay away, the easier it'll be to find excuses not to bother. Not criticising cause I boycotted last season, but Kean's gone and thats the best we can realistically expect at the moment.

Renewing and going more often.

Why deprive myself of a life-time devotion? Its still my team.

The "if only's" will just drift and drift - and then not come back when the Venkys leave for some other reason.

Has the traffic on this web-site also gone down by 50% - we must be told.

Every club reports on total tickets sold - not on the actual number attending. Unless somebody has proof - can we stop the conspiracy theories ?

Every club reports on total tickets sold - not on the actual number attending. Unless somebody has proof - can we stop the conspiracy theories ?

Interesting subject.

Most regulars at Ewood get a 'feel' for the gate and it isn't difficult to segment the ground and make an estimate of the number of fans in each section.

I only went 4 or 5 times myself last season but my understanding is that there was a fairly widespread view that the reported gates were perhaps 2 to 3 thousand higher than the perception of those on the ground. In addition, it was speculated by some on this MB that the reported gates did not tie-in with police numbers.

Understand your point about counting tickets sold but I would suggest that it's highly unlikely that 2 to 3 thousand season ticket holders out of 7 to 9 thousand season ticket holders didn't turn-up for each match.

I think there are simple ways and means by which any club can 'legitimately' boost its season ticket numbers (eg creation of complimentaries which may or may not be used) and hence its reported gate. There, perhaps, lies the answer if there is such an issue.

Archived