BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Martin Olsson

The article says that he has two years left on his contract, and that Norwich are prepared to pay Rovers asking price, which WHU were not prepared to do in the last window.

It says he has been invited to Norwich next week to have a look around, although it also quotes his agent as saying nothing is certain.

• Backroom

I think it's best for all if he goes

Good player but hasn't contributed much at all the last couple of seasons, the one just gone he seemed to 'half ass' his way through every game he played, his brother is half the player he is but at least he gave his all

I think he is premiership quality though when he puts it in

To be honest he left a couple of seasons ago in mind a spirit.

Absolutely agree, his "injuries" like Samba towards the end seemed to have added up. Had an eye injury that was meant to keep him out all season but seemed to be able to play when we were desperate ... Hmm!

Bowyer has said in this morning LT that no offer in Olsson and would only sell if a sizeable offer came in for Olsson.

Plus Bowyer has made it clear he is under no financial pressure to sell players and regards Olsson as a key figure for Rovers.

In this morning's LT Bowyer has said that it would take a big offer for Rovers to sell Olsson. However, his agents are determined to get him out of Rovers this time round. I hope this one doesn't get ugly.

i hope they do hold out for a big fee, and i hope he leaves. It's conter-productive to keep an unhappy player.

As sad as it may be given the time we've invested in Olsson it would be best for both parties if he moved on. He played like a man who didn't want to be here last season and never once looked like the Swedish international that he is.

£4 mill+ then I'd snap their hands off provided its reinvested in the team.

It's sad to see the above posts, but imo Martin O has been stealing his 40 grand a week the past couple of seasons.

I'd of expected MO to be worth 10m + given his potential, alas he's taken two steps back and tbh I can't wait to see the back of him.

Can't he take Etuhu, Murphy, Best , Gomes and MGP with him?

If we get a decent offer it's probably for the best if he moves on. He doesn't want to be here and we haven't seen him at his best for a while. I'd hold out for a decent sell on fee though. Think he could still turn it around and move up a level at a properly run club :(

when was nicky shorey last considered any kind of force in football? better to spend on somebody currently on form.

We're a Championship club that narrowly avoided relegation last season, we're not going to sign a left back that is "a force". Played regular football for the past 3 seasons with WBA and Reading.

He's a solid player and would bring some much needed experience to the backline. We've really only got Dann back there who can be considered experienced (if Givet leaves). And Orr I suppose, but hopefully he won't play.

To be honest he left a couple of seasons ago in mind a spirit.

Agreed. I also think that Norwich will have the same troubles with Olsson that we've been having from day one. He's just too erratic and weak in his positional play to be a good full back for a mid table/lower half team, and I'd snap their hands off for anyting above £3 million at this stage.

Sell him and use the wages to bring in Nicky Shorey to play left back. Spend the money on a quality left winger. Job done offset a couple of our monthly losses.

Fixed it for you LeC.

No point keeping him if he won't perform to his full potential in the Championship, he'll probably go on and do well for a club he actually wants to play for.

Too many players of this ilk and we don't need them at the club.

We're a Championship club that narrowly avoided relegation last season, we're not going to sign a left back that is "a force". Played regular football for the past 3 seasons with WBA and Reading.

He's a solid player and would bring some much needed experience to the backline. We've really only got Dann back there who can be considered experienced (if Givet leaves). And Orr I suppose, but hopefully he won't play.

what`s worng with looking at an in-form and rated full back from league 1 or 2? will be reasonably priced and eager to do well at a higher level. alan wright from 4th division blackpool back in the day is a good example.

Archived