BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's a rip off

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't agree. the potato and meat pies are delicious. it's just that they are ridiculously expensive.

ps. sorry about the lack of capital letters but I have broken my left elbow.

Sounds painful Al, hope it heals quick

it was but the hospital soon got the pain under control. thanks for you're concern.

no golf for a while though

Accrington Stanley sits proudly among the upper crust after its pies were named best in the division.

The Reds won first prize for the Director’s Choice in League Two category at the Football Hospitality Awards after teaming up with local bakery Clayton Park Bakery last season.

Stanley’s commercial manager Martin Edmundson said: "It’s an honour to win this award".

"The achievement marks just one of the developments taking place at the club and we are proud to be selected number one by the visiting directors.

"We look forward to continuing our winning partnership with Clayton Park Bakery; in the upcoming season they will be providing catering for our external outlets and bars."

The bestselling pie at the Crown Ground is currently the potato and meat.

Clayton Park Bakery, located off Junction 7 of the M65, achieved two silver awards from Everton for their chicken balti pie and Rochdale for their steak and kidney pie at last year’s British Pie Awards.

A spokesperson for Clayton Park said: "We are thrilled by this award which recognises our commitment to providing top quality pies.

"Using locally sourced ingredients, we work closely with our customers to make sure we provide the ideal range of pies for them."

Clayton Park supplies pies to football clubs in all four English leagues in the north west including Premier League LFC and EFC.

Accy Stanley and Everton seem to rate them :)

Accrington Stanley sits proudly among the upper crust after its pies were named best in the division.

The Reds won first prize for the Director’s Choice in League Two category at the Football Hospitality Awards after teaming up with local bakery Clayton Park Bakery last season.

Stanley’s commercial manager Martin Edmundson said: "It’s an honour to win this award".

"The achievement marks just one of the developments taking place at the club and we are proud to be selected number one by the visiting directors.

"We look forward to continuing our winning partnership with Clayton Park Bakery; in the upcoming season they will be providing catering for our external outlets and bars."

The bestselling pie at the Crown Ground is currently the potato and meat.

Clayton Park Bakery, located off Junction 7 of the M65, achieved two silver awards from Everton for their chicken balti pie and Rochdale for their steak and kidney pie at last year’s British Pie Awards.

A spokesperson for Clayton Park said: "We are thrilled by this award which recognises our commitment to providing top quality pies.

"Using locally sourced ingredients, we work closely with our customers to make sure we provide the ideal range of pies for them."

Clayton Park supplies pies to football clubs in all four English leagues in the north west including Premier League LFC and EFC.

Accy Stanley and Everton seem to rate them :)

and the potato and meat pies at ewood are the very same clayton park pies. delicious.

I think the Clayton Park Bakery pies are top drawer.

I was gutted when they ditched Holland's but CPB have proved to be a worthy alternative.

Getting stuck in to a meat and potato is just what I need after a 200-mile journey up the M40/M6.

Always preferred Hollands myself.

I dont get why so many people cant go a couple of hours without eating or drinking(traditional pie&pint at the game can get stuffed at the cost it is)

Its surprising how much singing for most of the first half builds up an appetite and a thirst. Of course 99% of football fans wouldn't know anything about that these days.

don't agree. the potato and meat pies are delicious. it's just that they are ridiculously expensive.

Potato and Meat? Where are you from pal? Around here its meat and potato :brfcsmilie:

Ouch, unlucky. I did the same last year so I fully sympathise! If I can recommend one thing it is to stick religiously to the rehab. I got a bit slack with the exercises they gave me and now it's healed I don't have full extension anymore.

I have to say I love the Clayton Park meat & potato & these are indeed my choice of pie from the chilled section in Asda (where the price is a little more attractive!)

I nearly had to 'have a word' with some young philistine in the BBE at the Blackpool game last season - not only did he nearly elbow my little girl in the face grabbing the mustard bottle, but he then mashed up the top of his pie with a fork & squirted half a gallon of ketchup & mustard into it before then mixing it up!!!

It's a pie! Leave it alone! Pick it up & eat it!

Eeeeeewwwww, no thanks(been there)

Chanting the same dum 5/6 word chants is not singing.

As opposed to the Blackburn End which has 1 or 2? Maybe if people went over there and helped make it better then there'd be more songs. Doesn't take much, joining with the good songs and starting the odd one yourself. But that takes some effort and I suppose its easier to just take the mick and call them all kids instead. Well we were all kids once, nobody grows up knowing every football song and they aint gonna learn them when the vast majority of our older fans just sit there on their hands these days saying eww.

Archived